IGNORED

Master Cigars Thread

AMGfan
Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Inspired to take out that Blue Label I have resting in the box

Where did the blue label come from?

The Rocky ITP is the first and only RP that I've had that was disappointing, otherwise I'm a big fan, and there's always a handfull of his smokes in my humidor. Rocky's a neat guy, he's come to town a couple of times in the last few years, and I've enjoyed meeting him. That's one very cool thing about these cigar makers, when they come to town, they want to shake your hand and talk to you.

He is a great guy. He is my go to brand.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, I looked it up. Its the Tatuaje Gran Cojuno. They come in a box of 12 unbanded. These are great for on the course. I dont think I would have the patience to sit in the backyard with one of these. The only bad thing I found about this thing was that it fell apart towards the end and I dropped it in the sand on the first hole. Other than that I think im going to have to pick up a couple of boxes.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Where did the blue label come from?

from a generous "former" member here.

I got the sampler of the RP ITC Split Desicion, mostly because I was suckered in to the beautiful barber pole, and I have to say I tried the quad wrapper and was dissappointed with it. The Maduro wrapper was on the top of the other three wrappers and peeled of when it got down to the bottom third. But outside of that my experience with the RP cigars is very good. Just found out I have to work an "extra" 4 hours tonight, so no smoke for me tonight, dammmmit
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Alright, I looked it up. Its the Tatuaje Gran Cojuno. They come in a box of 12 unbanded. These are great for on the course. I dont think I would have the patience to sit in the backyard with one of these. The only bad thing I found about this thing was that it fell apart towards the end and I dropped it in the sand on the first hole. Other than that I think im going to have to pick up a couple of boxes.

Check out

www.newhavanacigar.com - they carry all the Tatuaje lines (except the Black label, which you can only get if Pete puts one in your hand) There are some smaller ones that will make a fine smoke if you've only got a 30-45 minute timeframe.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

What do you mean former member? Generous Former Member...Im confused. I want free cigars...lol

He was banned, so no more free smokes

My Bag

Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Good to see so many cigar aficianados here. The one thing I like best about cigars is that your tastes are constantly changing and evolving. Haven't smoked a lot the past year or so... but I am really into La Gloria Cubana wavells --natural wrapper -- right now.

Used to spend a lot of time with maduros (CAO Maduro is still a great cigar), but really liking naturals right now.

Here's a little challenge to you guys: you have one last cigar for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mine: Cohiba (Red Dot), robusto.
---
Ishy

Xtra Lite bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5°Woods: Burner 3 + 5Irons: AP1 3 - PWWedges: Vokey 50° + 56° SMPutter: White Hot Tour #1

Check out

Thanks I bought a box of Conjuro 2003s from them a while back. I was just impressed with the big guy because im not usually a fan of bigger cigars unless im golfing.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Good to see so many cigar aficianados here. The one thing I like best about cigars is that your tastes are constantly changing and evolving. Haven't smoked a lot the past year or so... but I am really into La Gloria Cubana wavells --natural wrapper -- right now.

I go through those phases too, sometimes prefer a fuller bodied smoke and some days a mild/medium. For the fuller I usually reach for a La Gloria R Serie Maduro.

Your question is a tough one, in a month or two my answer would probably change. However, I have gone through a good amount of Java Toro Maduros lately. The thing I like about them it is a good after work smoke for me, weird thing is I am not at all a fan of flavored cigars either, but love these. I can smoke these at my favorite bar too, and usually get compliments and no complaints, so that is nice. I would hate to have to pick just one, but right now my vote would likely be for the Java Toro Maduro.
My Bag

Here's a little challenge to you guys: you have one last cigar for the rest of your life, what would it be?

A 26 Padron #1 Natural. Still my favorite.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW

He was banned, so no more free smokes

Oh that stinks. He was just sending free cigars? Wow, how generous.

Yeah it would not be a Cohiba I dont think. Either Opus X, Pepin Blue, RP Vintage, or Padron 1964. One of those. Although I just got some Graycliffs in and am really loving them

Yeah it would not be a Cohiba I dont think. Either Opus X, Pepin Blue, RP Vintage, or Padron 1964. One of those. Although I just got some Graycliffs in and am really loving them

I have not tried the Graycliff, but looks like I may need to check them out.

In the defense of Cohiba, there's just always something about them that I've loved, from the combination of the heaviness to the spiciness... anwyay it was the first cigar that I really loved , so maybe that's it.
I am not at all a fan of flavored cigars either, but love these.

I'm not a fan of flavored cigars either, but I did try a Java and I wasn't disapointed.

---
Ishy

Xtra Lite bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5°Woods: Burner 3 + 5Irons: AP1 3 - PWWedges: Vokey 50° + 56° SMPutter: White Hot Tour #1

Oh that stinks. He was just sending free cigars? Wow, how generous.

He seemed like a really good guy(actually the OP of this thread), I think his ole lady said he had too many so he was thinning them out. You are about two months too late, from what I understand he spread the love around to a few members, he sent me 3(RP vintage 92, Cohiba Red Dot Robusto Fino and a Don Peppin Blue Label).

I'm not a fan of flavored cigars either, but I did try a Java and I wasn't disapointed.

My first one was a sample from RP himself, so that may have influenced my taste for them

My Bag

He seemed like a really good guy(actually the OP of this thread), I think his ole lady said he had too many so he was thinning them out. You are about two months too late, from what I understand he spread the love around to a few members, he sent me 3(RP vintage 92, Cohiba Red Dot Robusto Fino and a Don Peppin Blue Label).

Holy crap. THose are 3 really good cigars. I know its OT, but why did he get banned? I want free cigars....lol. And he did this to "a few members?" THats not fair.

Holy crap. THose are 3 really good cigars. I know its OT, but why did he get banned? I want free cigars....lol. And he did this to "a few members?" THats not fair.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15133 As far as him giving them away, he seemed extremely generous to those who contributed to cigar threads
My Bag

Wow, I do not condone lying at all, and maybe he deserved to be banned, but from what I gather by that post, the owner of this site, reads other peoples' PMs??? I guess they are not that private?

Not the case at all, the guy hit reply instead of forward thus directly emailing the admin, so it was his own fault apparently. but lets get back on topic

My Bag

Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!