IGNORED

Master Cigars Thread

AMGfan
Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always enjoy a stogie during a round of golf. In fact, if I don't smoke one during the course of my round, I don't play as well

In my bag:

Driver: Speed LD F
Irons: SQ sumo 4-PW
Putter: oversizedBalls: One

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My game stinks enough on it's own. I don't mind others smoking on the course, as long as it doesn't slow down play.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

I just try to stay upwind. Never could stand the stench when I was a smoker, and I really hate now that I'm not (I quit some 33 years ago). One thing I that I love about being on the course is being out in the clean, fresh air, and having to put up with that sort of self imposed pollution just defeats the purpose.

So my answer to your question is no, I'm not a fan.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would love it if the trend was to smoke pipes rather than cigars. Just a little bit of cherry cavendish in the air is olfactory heaven to me, I have no idea why.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

I personally cant stand it, I hate riding in the cart with somebody whos smoking anything.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

• 7 months later...
So who smokes cigars out here folks?
I'm pretty sure I'll find many. Golf and cigars go hand in hand.
I don't like smoking while playing, I can never concentrate on doing both things, but I love a good cigar at the clubhouse after a round.

My favorites are Cubans of course, but I like many non Cuban brands; Padilla, Rocky Patel, Padron, etc..

What about you guys?
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

So who smokes cigars out here folks?

I smoke cigars when I golf. Usually 1 per 9 holes. I like Rocky Petals 1990 & 92's, CAO Italias, A Fuente's and the lastest I've discovered are Alex Bradley Reserves.

• 3 weeks later...
I smoke cigars at work, home and on the golf course. Been enjoying them for 13 years. I find when I smoke cigars on the golf course that I enjoy the moment more and not get to crazy about what kind of round I'm having.

Hit a bad shot? Oh well, nice day and great cigar. I'll make it up on the next hole.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I smoke a lot of CAO's, their cheap as far as good cigars go, and their always fresh at the cigar store where the $20 and up cigars sit forever.

I dont smoke cigars often on the course, only when I'm just out relaxing. Smoke a lot of them at home.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

When I was overseas I smoked a few different styled Cohiba's and I really enjoyed Romeo y Julieta's. Of course Cubans are legal over in Iraq.

Dymo Driver
Acuity RCX 3 and 5 Wood
Orlimar Black Ice Hybrids/5-PW

Ball

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoy an occasional stogie on the course. I tend to opt for a larger ring cigar on the course so it doesn't go out or burn crooked when I neglect it or lay it down for too long. Some current sticks in my rotation are Joya de Nicaragua Antano, 601 (Red Label), Hoyo de Monterrey, Bolivar Cofradia, and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte.
IN MY BAG:
Driver - FT-5 9* Aldila MOI Proto S-flex
3W - 200 Steel Fujikura Speeder 757 S-flex
Hybrid - 22* Burner Rescue Aldila NV Hybrid S-flex
Irons - 4-PW 755 TriSpec S-flexWedges - X-Tour Vintage SW 588 gunmetal LWPutter - Natalie 34"Ball - TP Red

I'm a fan of the Mx2's, their perfect golf cigar.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

• 4 weeks later...
WOW! I just read 34 pages on CIGARS. I usually have 1 in my face from the 1st to the 19th hole. My golf-gars are:

601 Habano Trabuco
Oliva "O" Maddy Dbl Toro
RP Edge, Battalion
Taboo S.F. originals

I took up golf because you can smoke on the course and no one says a word. The only comment I usually get is that smells great.

I smoke at least three cigars during a round regardless of the time of day. It's the only time I can smoke that many and I don't get told isn't that two too many! LOL

My favorite non Cuban cigars are:

Padron
Arturo Fuente
Tatuaje

G15 4 Wood
 G15 3(20) and 4(23) hybrids
 JPX 800 Irons 5-PW

Tw9 Wedges 48, 54, 60

Island Antigua Putter  Q-Star

NXO Cart Bag    Speed Cart V1

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!