IGNORED

Master Cigars Thread

AMGfan
Note: This thread is 2912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fuente Store is great but prices on the strip suck...I visit there once in a while but I won't buy a stick on the strip just because the retails are so jacked up.

AMG anytime you can mix golf, cigars, bbq and sports it is a gereat party...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuente Store is great but prices on the strip suck...I visit there once in a while but I won't buy a stick on the strip just because the retails are so jacked up.

PLUS the wives have the kids...

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I picked up a new stick last week that I have to recommend. It is La Flor Dominicana double ligero chisel...it has a great draw and it is such a smooth smoke with a long finish. It is medium to full...closer to full bodied and has a spicy and sweet flavor that makes this a great stick.

It is a good value too at only $7 a stick...

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Smoked a nice Partagas Black Label this past weekend. Strong but lots of flavor. Not a bad price either - $7.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I basically will smoke what ever catches my eye. I really like the Fuente Opus X but my smoke shop rarely gets them in. Other than that I usually smoke Roxor, Oliva and Cohiba.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Well...I picked up a new stick last week that I have to recommend. It is La Flor Dominicana double ligero chisel...it has a great draw and it is such a smooth smoke with a long finish. It is medium to full...closer to full bodied and has a spicy and sweet flavor that makes this a great stick.

I'm not sure if you've read some of my posts on this issue, but the La Flor is my favorite right now. I'm having a box a month sent to me. Litto Gomez is probably one of the best growers around next to Don Carlos Fuente.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Smoked a nice Partagas Black Label this past weekend. Strong but lots of flavor. Not a bad price either - $7.

I love the Partagas black label series...they are a staple in my humidor.

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

I'm not sure if you've read some of my posts on this issue, but the La Flor is my favorite right now. I'm having a box a month sent to me. Litto Gomez is probably one of the best growers around next to Don Carlos Fuente.

You have great taste in cigars

! I just signed up for Cigar Aficionado's magazine and website and I found out that they had La Flor Dominicana chisel madura at a 92 rating. I couldn't agree more with the rating. I just ordered a box of the chisel (#10 in a box). The cigar shop even showed me the "correct" way to cut the chisel...partially (not all the way through) punch a hole at the top end of the cigar. Supposedly, this allows the smoke to whisper through the partially punched hole so the smoker can enjoy the aroma of the smoke. Enjoy!

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

I basically will smoke what ever catches my eye. I really like the Fuente Opus X but my smoke shop rarely gets them in. Other than that I usually smoke Roxor, Oliva and Cohiba.

I have the Fuente Fuente Opus X in my humidor now, but haven't smoked it yet. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

I have the Fuente Fuente Opus X in my humidor now, but haven't smoked it yet. I'll give it a try this weekend.

They are great cigars.

SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

You have great taste in cigars

I do the same thing. Punch a hole in the top. I don't know if you noticed but the smoke runs up the roof of your mouth and down to your pallet. Did you read this months Cigar Aficianado article with Litto Gomez? He tells how he came up with the idea for the Chisel. He was chewing on a pyramid and flatened it out and realized how comfortable it was.

If you go to www.cigaraficionado.com there's a video of Litto Gomez giving a tour of his curing room and showing how La Flor's are rolled. Also there's a video of a review of his premium cigar Corranado by La Flor.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Funny you mentioned that...I just got done watching it. I haven't got my first issue yet, but I plan on picking up the latest issue at Barnes and Noble tonight.

Thanks for the heads up!

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

• 1 month later...
I like a nice Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro, or maybe a Puros Indios. I lean towards cheaper cigars on the course, so that if I skull a wedge and bite through the thing I'm not out as much money.

I usually ask my cart partner if they mind if I smoke. It's windy enough in Texas not to worry about anyone else in the group.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

I like corona gorda sized cigars, Avo, partagas, La Gloria cubana, Arturo Fuente, monte cristo or just about any other good cigar... dominicans are my smoke of choice but Hondurans are o.k. as well.

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

A good cigar for everyone out there. Carlos Toranos Exodus. Its very strong but has a great draw on it. I just picked up a box after having them recommended to me. You will not regret the decision to pick up a few of them.

• 2 months later...
Right now, I am kinda stuck on Hoyo Excalibur Limiteds and Fonseca Sun-Grown Cedars (No. 4). I also like (guilty pleasure, I know, and not the choice of the macho cigar smoker) Kahlua cigars once in a great while.

I like the Kahlua's too......I like Davidoff and Punch as well, the darker the better.

Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Hello all cigar smokers,

I have a question for all of you, it was briefly covered by a couple of you. I wish to seek your advice on requesting a person not to smoke. I understand it's their right and all while on the course, but I have lung problems (Cystic Fibrosis to be exact) and smoke in general will set me off and cause me to have a hard time breathing, thus ruining my round.

I try and mind my own business if it's just for one hole or two, but if it's been a while I would like to ask them to stop, and wondered what your advice to say to them might be.

I apologize if this offends any of you and your right to smoke, I just mean it to gain some insight.

Sincerely,
Countjyro

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

Note: This thread is 2912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!