Sign in to follow this  
twomey7

Arizona Summer Golf - Any courses in good condition?

Note: This thread is 4349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 posts / 1308 viewsLast Reply

Im from Northern Phoenix and the courses near me (500 club, Legend at Arrowhead) are in terrible shape. Greens are dried out and bumpy as can be. Any golfers up here recommend any courses in good shape? Thanks

My observation is that June is a rough month, as the rye dies off and the bermuda takes over, the hot and dry conditions create a challenge. As July comes along and more humidity, the conditions improve. I always thought the best conditions are in Aug/Sept up until they tear it up for the overseed.

Also this time of year is time for aerification, so it's always good to call and find out when they are doing that. Usually 4 weeks after punching until they are starting to roll true again.

Hang in there, it'll get better!

I played The Phoenecian Resort courses three straight days in August two years ago, and it was AMAZING. It's Phoenix/Scottsdale, and wasn't cheap, but wow. Great time.

Thats within driving distance and I can get good deals on that course. Its at golfnow.com

Thanks for the review!

Note: This thread is 4349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!