IGNORED

Best Place to Live for Year-Round Golf

JYB
Note: This thread is 1903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay. Here's the big question :

Where in the USA is the best place to live if you want to golf year round? Name specific towns/cities, the size of them, where they are and how many courses are around.

Hawaii, Southern California

I'm not going to go into specs but those are the obvious choices.

I love to hate this damn game.

Add Arizona to the list of obious choices
Maybe Florida and most parts of Texas
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

MAUI

I spent a week there. That was OK but I had to leave about 40 years too early.

• Upvote 1

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

San Diego is where its at. There are tons of courses to play. The problem is there are a lot of golfers in this city of over a million people so the numerous courses are often crowded.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Hawaii no ka oi, brah! It's the best, no doubt! I lived on the island of Oahu for 3.5 years & actually picked up the game there. 365 days of golf with temperatures that RARELY drop below 65 or rise above 90. Only occasional rain/storms. TONS of golf courses both public and resort, with preferred pricing for residents. In addition, if you want to plan a golf holiday, you take a 30-minute flight to one of the other islands & enjoy the same perks!!! --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Add Arizona to the list of obious choices

I wouldn't recommend it. Golfing in 110 degree heat isn't too enjoyable. I'd rather be in Cali where its around 85 year round or Hawaii.

I love to hate this damn game.

I'am retiring in Oct.and will be a full time resident of Myrtle Beach and will play the year round.I know in the winter I will have a frost delay once in a while but by 10:00am it will be in the 50"s as my buddies down there love to inform me as I'am shoveling snow up here in Long Island.And last but not least there are over 100 courses to choose from so I do not think I will get bored.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Central Fla - only because you get to golf with me if I let you.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I'd have to say Florida.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i think Florida is prob. the way to go. I really love Charleston, SC but Florida has more of a metropolitan section than SC does and i think for me to live full time without going nuts, i would have to be there.

MAUI

Class reply dude

but anyway i live in pacifica California and i play golf all year round,plenty of courses in a 30 mile radius.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Not as scenic as some of the other destinations, but right here in Southeast Texas (Houston, Beaumont area). Golf all year long, maybe 5 days at or near freezing during the winter. Summer from April through late October.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Okay. Here's the big question :

How much money do you have?

Hawaii...lovely, I lived there for 5 years...deep pockets are a necessity, and I'm not talking about the greens fees. Southern California...I was born and raised in Huntington Beach CA. Again deep pockets are a necessity, and you better like people, tons of people. Arizona...love it. We plan on retiring there and the best part is...you're still close to CA, and if you'd like...you can always hop on a flight to Hawaii. Florida, very humid during the summer, I love the state, and greens fees are very reasonable for the smaller courses. Good luck!
  • Upvote 1

~disclaimer~ I'm just a golf mom.

I'am retiring in Oct.and will be a full time resident of Myrtle Beach and will play the year round.I know in the winter I will have a frost delay once in a while but by 10:00am it will be in the 50"s as my buddies down there love to inform me as I'am shoveling snow up here in Long Island.And last but not least there are over 100 courses to choose from so I do not think I will get bored.

My long term plan (20 years) would be to head to MB also. Summer are great here in MI, lots and lots of courses to play with low rates, but the winters are too long.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

i need somewhere to golf year round. It's most likely going to end up being

A) Florida, closer to Boca Raton than anywhere else.

B) Charleston, South Carolina

C) Savannah, Georgia

These are three locals that i can golf 365 days a year at.

Note: This thread is 1903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!