IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Swing, by Plummer and Bennett

iacas
Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't watched the videos but found somewhere where it explains it free, im sure the videos explain it with more detail but from what i have learned, i love it!

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

• 4 weeks later...
All great comments and analysis guys. I just played again for the 4th time in 2 weeks and shot a 103. Only one 3 putt and the short game saved me. I've been playing 2 years. 1st year got down to 79. Took a year off for my 2nd child and have been playing again for a little over a year. It's so discouraging to play on average once a week, go to the range once or twice and still shoot 90s+.

I'm now even worse off shooting 85-105+. I usually draw, but have now been fading. My buddies tell me too that I'm "consistently inconsistent" which best describes my game right now. Not only do I have too many swing thoughts, but I tend to move around a lot and end up chunking the ball (especially in the rough). I try to think "keep my spine straight" but you forget about it after a few holes.

From what everyone's been saying, it sounds like the S&T; will give me less movement, a more consistent swing and give me one less thing to think about. I also "sweep the ball" with my irons, so maybe the S&T; will give me a steeper angle to pinch the ball and make a proper divot.

I would say if you are consistent and a low handicapper happy with your game, don't change. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you want to improve on a lot of things, it's time to check this thing out.

I was even desperate enough to check out GolfTec to fix my swing, but will try the S&T; first and order the videos. This is much cheaper and hopefully more effective. I'm going to stop getting out on the course and get more consistent on my ball striking at the range...

Thanks guys,
e

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

Because the Stack and Tilt info was released in Golf Digest in '07 doesn't make it "out of date". All the info still applies and it is just that article that amateurs have taken and ran with. And based what I've been reading everyone is pretty happy so far. FYI, Plummer and Bennetts book will be out before the Master's in '09, published by Gotham Books. A slim chance it will be out before xmas this year. And also the website is under development.

I tried this swing after seeing a 2 minute piece on Charlie Wi's swing on last weeks PGA event broadcast...The first 25 balls I hit at the driving range were with the 'stack and tilt' were as good, if not better, than I've ever hit....highly compressed etc.

That is the beauty of it. They teach really the one true fundamental. Being able to hit the ground in the same spot everytime. Without this you can never be consistant.

My swing is anything but stack and tilt

It's funny you refer to your swing as "anything but stack and tilt". Yet you say when you keep your weight forward and your centers stacked you hit the ball best, aka stack and tilt. Just eliminate ANY lateral movement away from the ball, maintain weight forward and allow it to increase as the swing progresses, hands in and your shoulders turn in a circle. Presto, stack and tilt. Good luck!

Hip slide on tour players because it's extremely difficult to just purely rotate them. But for optimal performance, the hips should just rotate and not slide. The most accurate and consistent striker of the ball is the Iron Byron and other swing machines. It's accurate because of the way it's engineered, not because it's a machine. If they designed the machine to have lateral movement, it would be nowhere as accurate.

Wow, very informative post,...!!!

So what do you guys think? Is it better to do the stack and tilt, or not?

There are a lot of ways to swing the golf club. But I think the S&T; teaches how to play better much faster. So yes, Stack and Tilt wins!!!

Alright, but for the little time I tried it a month or so ago, it seemed like I would always be hitting behind the ball, any reason for that?

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I guess physics-wise, the modern swing moves your body back then forward. So you hit the ball moving forward in a sense.

The S&T; probably does feel like you hit behind because your body is already 60/40 with majority of the weight to the front. Thus, your arms come from behind making it feel that way? Does that make any sense? LOL

I actually went to GolfSmith today and tried the S&T; on the launch monitor with the Mizuno MP-60. I was hitting it so clean and it didn't feel like I was moving around in my swing which I usually do.

My driver swing though felt too steep...

e

R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S

Alright, but for the little time I tried it a month or so ago, it seemed like I would always be hitting behind the ball, any reason for that?

Well, you obviously were not doing something right. The Stack and Tilt eliminates fat shots. Most likely your weight was still back. How you control your weight is the main thing in the S&T.; Make sure your swing centers, ie, center of shoulders/center of hips are in front of the ball at impact. You start with weight forward 55/45. As the backswing begins feel the forward weight increase with absolutely no transfer of weight back. There is more to it and if you are serious I would get the dvd's. Also their book will be out this spring, maybe sooner and their website is under developement. Good luck.

Are you stacked? lol I'm stacked...I'm stacked...I'm stacked...

R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S

I just ordered the dvd's. Can someone tell me if they send all 4 at once or string them out with the payments?

...either way I'd rather be able to just pay $100 a golf shop. The whole $19, 30-day "risk free" installment business just makes it seem like infomercial hyped garbage. I want to get stacked not shafted!

B.A. Sullivan

I just ordered the dvd's. Can someone tell me if they send all 4 at once or string them out with the payments?

Well, if you already ordered I'm not sure what to say. I heard initially alot of people had problems with Medicus ordering system. I just ordered mine from some golf store I found on line. All 4 dvd's come in the box so I'm sure you will get them all. And by the way I loved your line...

I want to get stacked, not shafted.! A classic!

haha....that's a good one. Actually, I used to be a big Counter Strike fanatic (online game with terrorists vs. counter terrorists) and we always used to say "Pray and Spray." That's more like my golf game....

R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S

Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!