IGNORED

Seattle Golf?

Note: This thread is 5740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have played of the courses in the greater Seattle area and here is how I would rate them

1. Chambers Bay
2. Gold Mountain - Olympic Course
3. Washington National
4. The Home Course

You can't go wrong with Chambers Bay, it is the best course I have ever played, plus how oftern do you get to play an Open course.

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid
Nike Pro Combo 3-PWTaylorMade TP 52 degreeTaylorMade TP 60degree

chamber's bay tomorrow at 3:30. WA national saturday at 730!
i'm excited. this will be the 2nd US open course i'll play.
bethpage at the end of the year will be the 3rd!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

chamber's bay tomorrow at 3:30. WA national saturday at 730!

DJ, I am teeing off a Chambers Bay at 8:42 tomorrow morning....I can't wait...enjoy the course and the scenery....play well!!

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Enjoy Chambers, it is a great venue. If you don't mind spending some extra cash the caddies out there can be very helpful and possibly save you a stroke or two.

Enjoy and bring your camera!

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid

thanks everyone.. i'm really excited to hop on my flight..land and drive over there. i see in the forecast that there's a 30% chance of rain tomorrow. does the course flood easily & they stop play? that's my only concern right now. how much are the caddies? I saw that it's a walking only facility. it's gonna feel like the US Open!! damn i'm excited. Thanks for recommending the course. i'm more excited about this than the 1st time I played Doral
DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

You won't have to worry about that course getting too wet, it is built on a sand and gravel quarry so it drains really well. I am not totally sure on the caddie price, but the pro shop should be able to tell you.

Enjoy!

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid

When I teed off it had been pouring rain for an hour and it rained for the first three holes. Never did I see one puddle anywhere. It's all sand-based, so seriously no issues. But a lot of tight lies because of that (not a lot of grass). And be sure to wear your comfortable shoes because it's a hard course to walk. Sounds like you're already in the area, so may not have your comfortable shoes. Maybe even throw your tennis shoes in your bag or something. I had blisters by hole 7, but didn't have my comfortable shoes; learned lesson.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

I only have my SP-8's with me. I walk about 95% of the time that I play so I'm pretty much used to it. Our courses in Jersey are hilly and the one I play the most is about 6700 so it's good exercise.

If anyone needs a 4th for Saturday morning before 10AM, let me know. I don't have anything setup for Saturday morning anymore. my boy had to cancel....he forgot he has a wedding that day! TERRIBLE!
DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag

DJ, would love to hear what you thought of Chambers........my day was up and down....had 4 doubles and shot 80 (right now, about a 6 cap).....lost a ball on 12 that I hammered up the right side and never found...maybe 10 feet right of the fairway.....i swore on the tee that I would have kicked off, but the whole side hill has been sanded...nothing comes out of there and an easy lost ball.......

hit a ball 5 feet long, right over the pin on 9 and it went into the back bunker....double b/c i have a 3 month old daughter and have NO short game.....made a double on 5 (the dropoff hole with 2 different greens) after being pin high on my approach, but 20 feel left...chunk city on my first chip..fukk...

made 3 birdes....5, 14 and 16...missed two 15 footers for bird on 17, 18....so good holes too.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that the 10 and 12 fairway were punched and sanded.......too early for that.

When thinking US Open, consider all that great viewing area on that course...natrual stadium with unlimited great viewspots for patrons.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Note: This thread is 5740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!