IGNORED

Dick Out

iacas
Note: This thread is 4751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you play Dick Out? Do you enforce it?

• We play AND enforce it!
    • We play it, but rarely actually enforce it.
    • We don't play it at all.

uncalled for...haha.  i had a friend where i used to live that was not afraid of enforcing or adhering to this rule.  but the rule wasnt dick out it was bareass...then if you missed the second one if was pants down.  im sure this could go way too far when there is alchol involved...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DO: the only way to prove one's manhood when the tee shot certainly did not !

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Never heard about this one before, certainly not very golf-ish. We got beer balls. If you don't make it to the womens tee, you buy your fellow competitors a round of beer. Not enforced too much I'd say, but sometimes on trips when we eat and drink after a day of golf.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Just joke around about it. But the day after I got married we held a golf tourney and my brother brought these ugly, flower print dresses for those who didn't get it past the ladies tees...................................Yes, I wore the dress. Thank God it was only a par 3, my bro had to wear his for a long par 5!

my get up and go musta got up and went..

In Spain it is called a Mahou (a brand of beer) and you have to buy everyone in your group a Mahou after the round. One per tee shot that doesn't reach the ladies tee. The Brits do the same but instead of a Mahou, it's a Gin & Tonic.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Years ago a friend of mine held ME to the rule. I promply knocked a 3 wood from the ladies tee on the par 4 onto the green, all with my shorts around my ankles. I made the birdie putt and collected his money...

I guess you didn't know the DO birdie rule. If you make birdie you get to slap anyone in the face that enforced the DO. Now what was it that your supposed to slap him with? Hmmm.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I think I've seen it done once in my life. It's kind of crazy to do it nowadays with everyone so hyper-sensitive; it would downright suck to be labeled a "sexual predator" and have to register with the authorities.

Tangential story: I was playing in a fraternity golf tourney and one of the guys dared me to play the hole without my pants. So I stripped down, teed off, and turned around to find my pants were gone. I figured one of the guys had hidden them in the cart, so I finished out the hole pants-less. When I asked for them back at the next tee, my partners said they were behind a bush back at the previous tee. So I had to drive back up the hole (passing a marshal who just shook his head) to the tee box, where the next group was about to hit. After I retrieved my khakis, one of the guys asked, "How did you lose your PANTS?" To which I replied, "It was a hell of a drive!"

HAHA we used to do this in high school. but not only did you have to hit ur shot with pants down, but you also had to walk the entire hole with ur pants down. man kids can be cruel!

Keep it where the mowers go!

Originally Posted by flap

Funny story;The Mrs.and I were playing the Dunes club in Myrtle and they hooked us up with 2 male members

Actually, this is where I got a little nervous.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I've always kidded about playing D.O. but have never done or enforced it.  Really don't want to see anyone do it and if someone insisted I do I'm afraid I'd have to disappoint them.

My funny D.O. story:

About a month ago I played in my first ever competative round after 30 years of playing (I've always been a casual player).  This was the first of a year long series of club events.  They announce my group over the loud speaker and I go to the tee.  This hole is a driver for me so when it's my turn I step up and take a mighty swing only to blast a massive diviot and sky my ball to about 10' past the forward tees.  The tee was pretty crowded and that was about as embarassing a pass I could have made at the ball, so I announced to the crowd that at least I hadn't hit my drive D.O.  That got a big laugh from the crowd and I then proceeded to stripe a 3 wood down the fairway and wound up salvaging bogie.  I suppose that's what playing D.O. is all about anyway getting a laugh out of an embarassing experience.  FYI I also managed to shoot my personal best round on the course that day so overall I was pretty happy with my almost brush with D.O. golf!

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

My group calls that hit a "Schlenker" and requires that the offending party pay $1 (for each Schlenker) to the other 3 golfers at the end of the round.  I'll take a buck over seeing a guy walk around the golf course with his junk on display any day!

ping.gif Hoofer C1 Stand Bag
taylormade.gif R11 10.5 Driver 

taylormade.gif RBZ #3 Fairway Wood
cleveland.gif Launcher DST #5 Fairway Wood
wishon.gif 785HF #3, #4, #5 Hybrids - Graphite shaft
wishon.gif 770cfe #6-SW - Graphite shaftodyssey.gif White Ice Putter  

I topped my driver on the 2nd hole of a course i haven't played in years... it's a 480ish par 4 and there was a strong head wind, about 15-20 mph...

Needless to say i picked the wrong time to have my first top in three years. It went all of 25 yards.

But i did manage to scramble for a bogey from there, lipped out my par putt ><

We don't enforce it if it is cold outside.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

Originally Posted by mapa94

We don't enforce it if it is cold outside.

I had an ex-girlfriend enforce it on a very cold autumn day (that's not why she's "ex"). Nobody noticed

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I had an ex-girlfriend enforce it on a very cold autumn day (that's not why she's "ex"). Nobody noticed

Just like the guy who got arrested for indecent exposure and went to small claims court but the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence.

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!