IGNORED

What is your club from 100 yards

Note: This thread is 5713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. what is your 100 yard club

• 7-iron or longer
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • PW (45-49 degrees)
    • GW (50-53 degrees)
    • SW(54-57 degrees)
    • LW (58-62 degrees)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want me to hit? lol. Read the article.

Well said. If it's a bump and run I've hit a 7 iron but, normally, I hit a smooth pitching wedge.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I just aim to the left and hit the driver.

Seriously, I choke down on the PW with a 3/4 swing and hit that. However, I just got a 52* GW so that will be my 100 yard club.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Depends on the situation. I am most comfortable using a 7-iron and "chipping" it up if the ground allows it, and definitely if there is tree trouble. If I don't think that will work, then my pitching wedge.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

From a decent lie with no wind and the pin in the front half of the green it's a solid SW 55*. Last time I did my yardages (2 months ago) a solid SW was spot on 102 yards.

Otherwise with no wind, it could be anything from SW, GW through to an 8 iron depending on lie and pin position. Given the way it's blowing outside at the moment - solid 30mph+ with gusts over 50mph tomorrow morning I might be hitting a 6 iron!

With a perfect lie and no room behind, Gap, If lie is less than perfect or plenty of room behind, PW. Because even a small mishit with a wedge can make a 5-7 yard difference.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

A 56* cleveland c-10 wedge

Drivers: 10.5* Superquad with blue ProLaunch shaft or a SQ 460 Lucky 13
Woods: X Tour 15* 3 wood with Fujikura shaft
Irons: Big Bertha irons
Hybrid: Draw Rescue 3 19* with Reax shaft
Wedge: C-10 60*Putter: Rossa Monza CorzaAge: 18Location: Rochester Hills, MichiganBest Shot-75

Pitching wedge, since that's all I have right now for wedges.

Struggle with 100 yards in though, thin my PW far too much and end up shooting a line drive over the green.

3/4 pitching wedge is what i usually hit. i cant seem to be able to take a full swing with a sand wedge and hit it sweet

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

CG14 60*

Love taking full swings and hitting high loft shots that can really spin!

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

I use my 54° wedge. Because it stop quickly, maybe if I use the 58° I will get a lot of backspin.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

• 2 weeks later...
I have to use a pitching wedge, for some reason I can kill balls with irons. My 9 iron goes 135+ Got to love to 100 yard 60* Cleveland C10 great club

Drivers: 10.5* Superquad with blue ProLaunch shaft or a SQ 460 Lucky 13
Woods: X Tour 15* 3 wood with Fujikura shaft
Irons: Big Bertha irons
Hybrid: Draw Rescue 3 19* with Reax shaft
Wedge: C-10 60*Putter: Rossa Monza CorzaAge: 18Location: Rochester Hills, MichiganBest Shot-75

My 58* sand/lob wedge.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• 2 weeks later...
What do you want me to hit? lol. Read the article.

a little hooded 3-iron... that doesn't get more than 4 feet off the ground

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Choke up a bit on my gap wedge. My standard gap wedge goes about 105-110 depending on course conditions, so when I choke up it goes about 100 consistently.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!