IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just listened to Rob and Charlotte's interview w/GolfGal. I like these guys. Given the cold shoulder the siblings got from the Ashes after Episode 3, described by them during their interviews, it puts in perspective their debate about how the girls might react to being cheered on by the siblings when they drove by. Charlotte comes off in her interview as a pretty smart, realistic, no-BS sort of gal. That said, I do like her more in her current blonde-ish incarnation than the Rollins College brunette thing she had going:

2008 Duramed Futures Photo

2006 Rollins College Photo

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well reasoned, Mr. Longshanks (you must be a lawyer!). I suppose it comes down to how much of a threat you believe the team that you could try to eliminate may be. And as you say, a reasonable person could see the Ash's as much less threatening than Rob/Char or Peach/Jay.

I decided to ask Raul and Jameica in their

interviews today about their strategy and their reasons made a lot of sense to me. Golfgal

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I like the show, just started watching it, so when does the next new episode come on??

Tuesday nights @ 10pm EST/ 9pm CST. --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Tuesday nights @ 10pm EST/ 9pm CST. --LBB

Oh, SURE - just IGNORE the West Coast!!!

Tuesday, 7pm Pacific, but SD only if your carrier has the shared Vs/Golf Channel HD channel. The HD version (and it's actual HD, so hopefully the next Big Break will be HD too) is broadcast the following day (Wednesday) at 6pm ET/5pm CT/3pm PT. (Sorry Mountain Time people. I don't remember if yous guyz are always 2 hours "earlier" than ET, or if it changes sometimes.)

I would love to see the girls on a season of Amazing Race. The way they are melting down in this show, I would love to see them try to last a month going around the world, trying to speak the language of whatever country they are in. It would be hilarious.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

According to their bio on the Golf Channel, Peach is Jay's real father. This is from their bio on the Golf Channel's website:

Peach and Jay Reynolds are as tight as a father and son can be. So tight that Jay ignores convention and regularly calls his father by his first name.

“I’ve just always called him Peach,” said Jay. “It is a pretty cool name, and it fits his personality.”

Golf is a long-standing interest in the Reynolds family. Peach’s father introduced him to golf at the age of 12, and he quickly fell in love with the game. A walk-on at the University of Texas golf team, Peach played alongside future major champions Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw. After college, the self-proclaimed “quasi-hippie” began a career as a kaleidoscope maker, and is now recognized in the Kaleidoscope Hall of Fame in New York.

Eventually, he cut his ponytail (still kept in a box) and changed his career to real estate. He passed his love for the game on to Jay, who managed to climb to number three in the national junior golf rankings. Following high school, Jay earned a golf scholarship to the University of New Mexico, and from 2001-05, competed on what he says was, “the most overly talented yet underachieving college golf team in the country.” After earning a degree in broadcast journalism, he turned professional, achieving a dream he had since 15. From 2005-07, Jay competed on the mini-tour circuit, and currently plays full-time on the Hooters Tour.

Both agree that Peach can be controlling at times, and they have different ideas regarding ways for Jay to improve his golf game and his professional golf career. “Peach is more of a traditionalist, while I am a bit more forward of a thinker when it comes to the golf swing and my career,” explains Jay.

On the golf course, however, Jay says that the roles are established. “He sometimes caddies for me at tournaments, but when he does, the father-son relationship is out the window. Peach knows who is boss.”

This is from their bio on the Golf Channel's website:

There is a Kaleidoscope Hall of Fame ?!?!? WTF?

People will create a Hall of Fame for anything I guess. I call it first!: The Harry Longshanks Memorial Hall of Fame for Internet Message Board Posting (Golf Division).

• Administrator
I call it first!: The Harry Longshanks Memorial Hall of Fame for Internet Message Board Posting (Golf Division).

Okay. Now you just have to die, and we'll get right on that one...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh, SURE - just IGNORE the West Coast!!!

Apologies, Harry! I just wasn't smart enough to make the conversion--my brain doesn't operate west of Louisiana! --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Okay. Now you just have to die,

Pfffft . . . right! Like I haven't heard that a million times . . . today.

my brain doesn't operate west of Louisiana!

That's okay, based on my visits to Southern California, neither does anyone else's there.

< ducks and runs from the imminent flying rotten vegetables, garbage, and poo >

Excited to see tonight's episode. I think the girls will be eliminated tonight. I don't think their nerves can handle much more.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

Either "they" are pulling our collective legs.

I am good at google-ing. You wouldn't believe what I found.

http://members.tripod.com/kaleidosco...preynolds.html These are Peach's submissions. http://members.tripod.com/kaleidoscopemuseum/hall.html This is the hall of fame website, it's under construction, but the "Modern Kaleidoscope Gallery" is a link in the bottom, where I found Peach's submissions. http://members.tripod.com/kaleidosco...um/modern.html The gallery also features Mark Reynolds. It's real. The world is turning...turning...

Note: This thread is 5008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!