IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watching them play at Innisbrook Copperhead was interesting. I have worked several tournaments there and know the holes. (I've only _played_ once.) Those holes were not friendly.

Dave.
---------------------------------------
Driver: Big Bertha Titanium 454 10* Fairway: Big Bertha 16* 3 wood
Hybrid: G10 21* Ironwood: Bazooka JMAX QL 4/23*

Irons: G10 3; 5-PW AWT reg shafts Wedge: Ping 50 Tour-S & Mizuno 56-10 Chrome

Putter: Ping Pal2 BeCu

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise Surprise! I guess it is true: "It is better to look good than to be good."

Actually I think those golfgals did great. And I believe Jay's temper got the best of him tonight. I wonder if he sees it that way. Not sure what happened to Rob, but he really struggled on the par 4 - nerves?

I just finished interviewing Ashleigh K - she's a pretty happy party animal right now. :)

I'm going to add the interviews with Ashley D, Jay, Rob, Charlotte, Parker, Andy and Jay inside the same post later this week, so keep checking back, ya hear!

Golfgal

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Jay is quite the ******* tonight. Am I allowed to say that here?

Yeah, his temper is a little over the top. I have to give him credit though, at least he's not a hypocrite - when he screws up, he beats up on himself just as hard, if not harder.

Some of my own notes and observations:
  • The conversation between Tom Abbott and Jay regarding "Thurman Munson" was freakin' hysterical! That dead-faced, wtf look Abbott gave Jay even after Jay explained "dead yank" made me laugh so hard that I almost fell of the sofa. (And in the interest of complete disclosure, when Jay said "Thurman Munson", I heard "Herman Munster". I think I may need professional help.)
  • I thought Rob and Charlotte should have won the Golf Central challenge. They looked the most comfortable of anyone.
  • The Ash(lees) have navigational issues. I absolutely adore them (and I LURV watching them run! yum!), but they need to solve them. But it was so nice to see them succeed on the chipping challenge and the clubhouse challenge.
  • The NC boys are still crackin' my ass up. See, look . . .there's a big ole crack in it right there.
  • Charlotte is still making her wonderful noises.
  • The one thing I love about this show is that the players really seem to like each other. None of the hostility of "The Big Break" shows.
  • Making the Ash(lees) pick holes while the other teams got to leave was not fair. The other teams should have been held back for a few seconds to allow the Ash(lees) to go first.
  • Didn't Ash #1 get too far away from Ash #2? Isn't their a 20' requirement or something? At a minimum, a team shouldn't be deemed to "arrive" until BOTH team members are there. The Ash(lees) were split by Jameica and Raul, weren't they?
  • I'm in love with Charlotte. There. I've said it. The Ash(lees) are hot and sweet, and blond . . . but Charlotte and her amazing noises have won my heart. I think she seems the most normal, down-to-earth, spontaneous, funny, and cute girl. And because my intuition tells me these wonderful things about her, it of course means that she is actually 100% completely bat-sh!t insane.

well, the girls didnt get eliminated like everyone thought, but they people that did get last, that guy could no chip to save his life! but i guess it makes me feel better, now i know im not the only person that has problems

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

Yeah, his temper is a little over the top. I have to give him credit though, at least he's not a hypocrite - when he screws up, he beats up on himself just as hard, if not harder.

And based on the results, perhaps he should learn to control his emotions a little better. He comes off as a bit of a spoiled brat to me. His beating up of his Dad during the chipping challenge didn't help his Dad at all. It only put more pressure on him. And even though he managed to par the hole the second time, his getting mad at himself for the bunker fiasco didn't help his next tee shot either. In my experience, golf is not a game in which you play better when you are aggravated. That technique might work in football, but not golf.

I thought it was interesting the comment Peach made about how he lets his son treat him... something like "I think the results speak for themselves". I totally agree. And the result is, you've raised an a** for a son.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

• Administrator
Not sure what happened to Rob, but he really struggled on the par 4 - nerves?

I don't know. I'm just tired of the yardages the Golf Channel constantly throws at us.

Rob's hole was supposed to be like 450, yet he hit a 3W or a 5W and what appeared to be about a 7-iron? Sorry, no way. You should ask them about the yardages they post on the TV show versus where they actually play the holes from in real life.
[*]The conversation between Tom Abbott and Jay regarding "Thurman Munson" was freakin' hysterical! That dead-faced, wtf look Abbott gave Jay even after Jay explained "dead yank" made me laugh so hard that I almost fell of the sofa. (And in the interest of complete disclosure, when Jay said "Thurman Munson", I heard "Herman Munster". I think I may need professional help.)

Agreed on all accounts. Including the five seconds when I wasn't sure if he was talking about the Munster Family, too.

Charlotte is still making her wonderful noises.

Heh. Yep.

Making the Ash(lees) pick holes while the other teams got to leave was not fair. The other teams should have been held back for a few seconds to allow the Ash(lees) to go first.

To be fair, I don't think when they made that rule they thought:

a) they'd be so close together, or b) it'd take the Ashle* team so long to choose.
Didn't Ash #1 get too far away from Ash #2? Isn't their a 20' requirement or something? At a minimum, a team shouldn't be deemed to "arrive" until BOTH team members are there. The Ash(lees) were split by Jameica and Raul, weren't they?

That's the rule on the Amazing Race. Both players have to touch the mat. So yeah, WTF - I was wondering about that as well.

I'm in love with Charlotte. There. I've said it. The Ash(lees) are hot and sweet, and blond . . . but Charlotte and her amazing noises have won my heart. I think she seems the most normal, down-to-earth, spontaneous, funny, and cute girl. And because my intuition tells me these wonderful things about her, it of course means that she is actually 100% completely bat-sh!t insane.

Plus, you'd have to go through Rob to get to her. He's so strong and imposing... oh, wait, never mind. Go on ahead.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just ran across a poll on the Golf Channel website: "Out of the teams on Highway 18, with which would you like to play?"

The results (as of 12 noon 8/27/08):
* Rob/Charlotte 10%
* Parker/Andy 18%
* Ashley/Ashleigh 59%
* Jay/Peach 6%
* Raul/Jameica 7%

I'm sure thats a "scientific" poll.

Because I think I'd rather golf with Parker and Andy. I'd rather drool over the 2 Ashley's.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Just ran across a poll on the Golf Channel website: "Out of the teams on Highway 18, with which would you like to play?"

Is that because they think they can win, or for the "eye candy" factor that Peach mentioned, or both? I think I'd go with Rob/Charlotte. You get the eye candy with Charlotte, plus they seem like they'd be pleasant to be around. Of the five teams, they and the southern boys seem to be having the most fun.

Is it just me, or does Jameica run funny?

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

Is it just me, or does Jameica run funny?

Hehehehe. It reminded me of the Friends episode where Phoebe and Rachel went jogging! Yeah, she ran funny to me.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

As much as their golf game has hurt them on previous shows, the Ashes really stepped it up on today's show. They nailed those chips back to back and definately spent the shortest amount of time at the Faldo Institute. I remember seeing that highlight of them doing that on the preview.

So do Rob & Charlotte get a strike next week or does someone go home?

Did anyone notice that, in the preview for next week's episode, one of the Ash(lees) was hugging Jay?

Hmmmm. I wonder if that has any significance? Looked like a goodbye hug to me. And it looked like Ash(lee) was the one who approached Jay. Maybe Peach and Jay go bye-bye?

(Of course, this is just pure speculation.)

Something tells me Jay and Peach weren't even close on last night's show. The show makes things seem really tight, but I bet they were WAY behind the other groups.

Jay and Peach have been solid, but Jay is psycho. I would definitely punch him if I was his partner. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they go home next week, mostly because of Jay's attitude. It's ok to be competitive, but he is a little too competitive.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Something tells me Jay and Peach weren't even close on last night's show. The show makes things seem really tight, but I bet they were WAY behind the other groups.

I feel the same way about Jay, but also Charlotte and Rob. On one of the previous episodes, the Ashley's passes Rob and Charlotte on the road, and Charlotte freaked put saying, "thats cheating! I hate those girls." I mean, come on, I don't think passing someone on the road is cheating, calm down.

BTW I really like this show. But there is a show that I am more looking forward to. It was in a commercial last episode, The School of Golf. One reason I am looking forward to it is because I am 15, and also because I'm going to have my mom watch it, because I found this place on the internet, and I really want to go there, and hopefully after watching it my mom will let me go.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!