IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just playing devil's advocate here, but a putter that you feel confident will aid in scoring more than a driver you feel confident in.

Well, its hard to put when you're OB and still 200 yards out isn't it?

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Well, its hard to put when you're OB and still 200 yards out isn't it?

And it's hard to drive the ball when you know you'll four putt. It can work both ways. People say "drive for show, putt for dough." I honestly believe it's "drive for dough, putt for dough."

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

If you have $200 or more to spend on a Scotty Cameron, I'd say do it. They're remarkable clubs. But other good names are Guerrin Rife, and Yes! putters that are a little less than SCs but are still great clubs.

I have had all of the above. I like Yes the most.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Well, if you divide the price of a club by the number of strokes you take with it, your putter will be amortized far more quickly than any other club in your bag.

Yeah but there is a bigger difference between a 100 dollar and 300 dollar drivers than there is btw a 100 and 300 dollar putter. For ~100 you could git something with the exact same shape (i.e. a ping anser) just a different name. For a 100 dollar driver you'd end up with a pos noname like ram instead of whatever $300 OEM you want.

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

Well I went to the course today to demo putters and I tried ping;oddessy,and three different scottys. Scottys won hands down they didnt even compare I thought I could control the speed with the scottys so well and thats most of putting right. Scotty carmon Here we come.

In the bag
driver- G5
3wood-
5wood-
irons- cpr 4-pw[B]wedges[/B]- 52,56,60 cg12putter-odyssey:

Yeah but there is a bigger difference between a 100 dollar and 300 dollar drivers than there is btw a 100 and 300 dollar putter. For ~100 you could git something with the exact same shape (i.e. a ping anser) just a different name. For a 100 dollar driver you'd end up with a pos noname like ram instead of whatever $300 OEM you want.

its not just head shape

ping answer vs. a scotty newport balance, weight, feel off the face... scotty wins hands down

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

its not just head shape

First of all...

I heard that the Ping Anser G5i had the same 'patent' design as the Scotty Cameron? Any truth to that? One of the model's look similar... Second of all, 'Scotty wins hands down...' I have a putter I picked up for 30 dollars (new), and I am putting great with it. Honestly, it's whatever you feel confident and can make a smooth, and confident stroke with...Just because it's a Scotty Cameron doesn't mean I'm going to putt better with - that's what people don't seem to understand. I've had 29 and 30 putts my last two rounds with my Tour Edge 30 dollar putter - do you think I'd get any lower with a Scotty Cameron? Probably not. The biggest thing you gain with a Scotty isn't just the design, the nice look, feel, etc. its the confidence knowing you have the most expensive piece of equipment out there...which in turn helps your putting.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Having the most expensive putter doesn't necessarily help with putting, it actually puts more pressure on you to show that this isn't just an extravagance. When I used my Scotty my friend said, "it's a great putter . . . probably too good!" He was right. Now I use the TM Monza Spider and I feel its a far better putter for me.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I'd feel like a moron three putting with a scotty

LOL! Exactly!

2009 Burner R
5W R7 R

i dont see why people think it is such a big deal to drop 300 dollars on a putter.

You use a putter on every single hole that you play. There is no other club in your bag that you can say that about. If you can drop 400+ on a driver then why cant you drop 300 on a putter?

yes, it is true that you can buy a less expensive putter and put well with it. Before i got my scotty i had a ping g5i b60 putter i got for $114. And that is fine, it was a lower priced putter and it worked great. But i still dont see why some people look down on paying 300 for a putter.

i mean you can pay 100 dollars for a driver and hit it just as well as you hit a 400 dollar driver, so i dont see why its any different for a putter :/

Anyway, I love my scotty. And i think that it was definatly worth it.
In My SasQuatch tour Golf Bag:
Driver: Tour Burner with UST Proforce V2 stiff shaft
3 wood: SasQuatch 15*
3 Hybrid: X Tour
Irons: X-20 tourSand Wedge: Srixon WG-504 56*Lob Wedge X Tour 60*Putter: Studio Select Putter

I'd feel like a moron three putting with a scotty

LOL! Exactly!

Id feel like a moron three putting with any putter...
Irons: X-20 tourSand Wedge: Srixon WG-504 56*Lob Wedge X Tour 60*Putter: Studio Select Putter

Id feel like a moron three putting with any putter...

Here's the thing: With a Scotty 3 putt, you can't blame the putter, it's got to be just a crappy Indian doing the putting! With a (for example) Spider 3 putt, everyone looks at the putter and says, "I don't know why you don't 3 putt every time with that thing." the Scotty carries such high expectations, people expect you to be a great putter if you have a Scotty. And a 3 putt seems disgraceful. With the other example, you can shrug off a 3 putt, and then feel like you are exceeding expectations when you putt well.

2009 Burner R
5W R7 R

Look at it this way, theres a lot of pros who play Scotty Cameron putters who arent sponsored by SC.
If the Cameron wasnt any better, dont think think theyd play the putter that the company who sponsors them makes, instead of paying for a Cameron with their own money?
IMO, a Cameron is well-worth the money, but to each their own.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Both. Most of the time, if you have a Scotty Cameron, you'll feel more confident. The more confident you feel, the more putts you'll make.

I agree. If you feel like you have a putter that will put it in the hole, go with the putter. To me, they feel extremely pure and roll the ball just as well as the taylormade AGSI+ insert. It never comes off too hot, and that makes fast greens alot easier. And just the name will put confidence in your head, and that will lead to a more pure stroke.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

Here's the thing: With a Scotty 3 putt, you can't blame the putter, it's got to be just a crappy Indian doing the putting!

Thats ridiculous

People who blame the putter are just making excuses... that shouldnt be a reason not to buy a scotty cameron... For any avid golfer, a 3 put should be disgraceful weather you are using a scotty cameron or you are using an old ray cook putter. I have used both cheap and expensive putters.. and i didn't shrug off a 3 putt with either. lol.. even putters get stereotyped

Thats ridiculous

Just keep in mind that golf can be a somewhat 'ridiculous' game.

How one keeps a mental edge is very important. If a Scotty does that for you great, I've found it does the opposite, and I'm talking about subtle feelings of confidence and how to manage them. For me, Cameron=too much pressure to justify the club being in the bag. When I used the Cameron the other players were always watching to see if I would putt fantastic, in their minds this putter was supposed to be so great that how could anyone use it and not putt fantastic. I never could live up to the expectations of others for this putter.

2009 Burner R
5W R7 R

Look at it this way, theres a lot of pros who play Scotty Cameron putters who arent sponsored by SC.

Do you honestly think that even the most expensive scotty cameron putter puts the slightest dent in a tour pro's cash at all?

Scotty Cameron makes good putters but Odyssey makes good putters as well and alot of pro's use odyssey as well. I know mickelson and mediate both use them, and so did anika. Also i never felt ANYTHING special from a scotty cameron, infact, i didn't like it. I tried it striaght up vs multiple odysseys and pings. I was ready to drop the money after all the hype. Just didn't like it odyssey felt way better and ping didnt have any mallets that i liked.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!