IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Personnel preference is the answer here. Everyone can have whatever they want in there bag. That is why there are so many brands out there. I have what I like, you have what you like, and he has what he likes.

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

Keep in mind, golf is a game of consistency. Putting, perhaps more than any other element in the game, is about repeatability. I think the look and feel of a putter is just as important as the technology. For a good amount of players, the SC putters offer a level of look, feel and quality that isn't as easy to find elsewhere.

Look at the number of SC putters on any tour. How about the number of non-acushent players playing SC putters. There is a reason.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I think you need to look at why your thinking is so narrow. Do you actually think everyone thinks the same as you? Do you not understand that people are different, and no two are alike? And that includes their thinking, as well as their appear"ance.

"Live and let live - while you may" George C. Scott, The Hustler

I have nothing against Scotty Cameron putters; in fact, I have a Coronado 2 Pro Platinum. But I didn't pay $300 for it. I bought mine years ago for a lot less than $300. My personal theory is that the Scotty Cameron became popular when it was discovered that Tiger carried a gun blue Newport in his bag when he first turned pro. I thought it was a fad that would go away like the Bettinardi, Three Ball, etc., but for some reason Scotty Camerons are still popular. I recently picked up a really old Ping Anser for $15 just for the hell of it and for me it works just as well as the Scotty Cameron. Go figure.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I preferred the Scotty Cameron putter when they were made by Ping and called the Anser 2....

The anser 2/ Newport 2 style putter head is made by everyone, go ahead and look.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Hey I can go buy a watch at Target or go buy a Rolex for 8000-10000. Both do the same thing.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

From what I've heard is that Scotty Cameron putters really hold their value for awhile. I still see some older scottys(5 years old) selling for $200/$180 range which is pretty high for a used scotty.

Driver: 909D3 9.5* UST Proforce V2 75X
3-Wood: 909F2 13.5* Aldila NV 85X
Irons: 3-PW 695MB/ZMB DGS300
Wedge: 54 degree Vokey Spin milled
Wedge: 60 degree SV TourPutter: Studio Select Newport 2 Mid slantBall: ProV1x/NXT Tour PentaTP/TP Red LDP

I have a Scotty because it is a very nice feeling, very solidly built, and very good looking putter made in the USA. If I want it customized I can send it in to the Putter Studio, something no other OEM does, and if I want to sell it it holds it's value better than any other club. If you don't like them, don't buy one.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure whether of not they are made in the US. Disregard that part.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Scotty because it is a very nice feeling, very solidly built, and very good looking putter made in the USA. If I want it customized I can send it in to the Putter Studio, something no other OEM does, and if I want to sell it it holds it's value better than any other club. If you don't like them, don't buy one.

Pretty much sums it up.

My custom grip on my SC is like butter! Love it!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I have four Scotty Cameron putters. Each one is unique in its specs and has a different purpose/feel to it. That being said, I also have a Ping and two Odyssey putters. I have absolutely no brand loyalty when it comes to putters and only use what fits my eye. The one thing that I do like about SC putters that no other putter has is the Teryllium (TeI3) insert that are on a few of the models. I have a TeI3 Newport that I bought new over a decade ago when I was in high school and a Button Back Newport I bought a few months ago. Both have the soft yet solid yet powerful feel that only the Teryllium insert seems to have.

I bought my SC Kombi to impress my friends. I've never sank a putt with it but I look good missing!

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

Why do people think these are so great and why do so many people have them? how could you buy these putters for $300? i know they are titliest putters, and i am in love with titliest, but i just don't understand it.

You don't like them, Tiger Woods can't be persuaded by Nike to give his up even for millions more dollars

Yep, looks like an evenly balanced debate.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

putters are personal prefeence bro
on the amount spent - well a majority of the game is played ON the green, on every hole....so
why would one spend $300 + on a driver when you use it MAX 14 holes......

to each his own dude

i used to be a scotty owner too....sold it for the exact same price i paid for it a year later
so they do hold their value well
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I love my YES putter over any of the Scotty Cameron putters. I have hit a few different models from Scotty but like everyone says, everyone is different. I have a good friend who loves them and wants to buy one this month but for me I don't like them. It's all on your preference.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

haha. jeez. i never said i didn't want one. it's just the money issue.
What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

haha. jeez. i never said i didn't want one. it's just the money issue.

Yes you did. You wrote : "There (sic) feel isn't even that good. to me all odyssey putters feel 10 times better."

Which goes to explain why some people have them. They just want one, even though other putters might feel better in their hands. Do you not notice the hypocricy in your post? You are saying that if you had the money you'd buy a putter that you thought felt bad and wasn't as good as what you have. The fact that they aren't any "better" than other high end putters means nothing. If you prefer your Odyssey, as do thousands of touring pros and millions of amateurs, stick with it. The 009 SC putters look great, but the OTR are like any other milled putter - mass produced and sold in the hundreds of thousands. LOts of golfers like them. The price is set by demand. Why should you care what others spend on putters?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

For me the Scotty in my bag was purely down to feel - I must have tried around 20 different putters of all brands over a period of weeks (was originally thinking an Odessey) and it came to down to how I felt standing over the putter and how the putter felt in use. I liked the feel of the steel and face milling over other similar putters from other brands and within the SC range I liked the neck so it made sense to me.
Whats in my Twister V bag?
MP-630 fast-track 9.5 w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki S
909F3 15* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
909F3 18* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
MP-58 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0 MP T-10 Black Satin 52/07, 56/12 & 60/08 Newport 2.5 MS 34" B330-S balls

Note: This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!