IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Choosing a putter is simply a personal decision. Several factors came into play when I chose my SC. I can admit that I was seduced by the brand name and the whole "art of putting" marketing angle. But the feel, look, and quality of Cameron putters is second to none for me . I bought mine as a reward for changing my lifestyle to a more healthy one over the course of time. Every time I use it, I am reminded of that, which makes it that much more special, and reinforces my will to treat my body correctly. We all have our reasons for what we play.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I think I loose feel with any other putter.... I would die without my Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant

909D2 / 10.5*

F11 / 15*

906F4 / 18.5*

910H / 23.25*

AP2 712 / 5-W

SM4 / 55*.12* & 59*.09*

Circa 62' No.6

• 3 weeks later...
putters are personal prefeence bro

this post says it all. i have a an oddesey that i cant wait to get rid of - I am planning on getting a Scotty this month and can't wait - but plenty of pro's use plenty of diff putters - but to me it is no doubt the most important club in the bag - the weighting and balance of a scotty plus the feel of the face are just amazing - I want one!

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

I like the way the Circa 62 feels in the hand, the weight and where the shaft bends, the visibile marks, and the fact that is was made in the USA. It's not the easeist putter to just pick and start knocking them in-but the roll off the face of the putter is smooth smooth smooth. My father has been golfing just over 30 years now, and he's a good man and solid single digit golfer (5 or 6). Offers a few tips if you want 'em, and will let you know when you hit a good shot. But during my career low round (72) with him the best compliments I ever got on a golf course was his quietley muttered disbelief when I sunk a few left to right 8-12 foot sliders. "Damn! so smooth, look at the way he gets the ball rolling...so smooth."

My Cameron was $200, not sold as brand new, but still in the plastic with an untouched headcover. They're expensive, but not outrageous, I've seen some good deals pop up from time to time on globablgolf, 3balls, and ebay.

I have a 4 scottys all awesome putters, I got a beternadi ect ect I have alot of putters....

Sc's have always felt very good for me, but then again I used my beternadi up untill I got my new putter custom built. I love my new putter much better then my scotty, much better feel, weight and look.

It's all down to personal prefference, see a putter in my opinion is the single most important club in the bag, since this is the club you will use most and make those birdies with. So you need to have what you feel comfortable with.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I purchased a SC about 6 years ago and I was OK with it but eventually drifted back to the Ping anser. Finally sold the SC for almost what I paid for it. Matter of preference.

PS had an Odyssey for a short time and hated it.

It's all personal preference, as stated. I have 5 scotty's, 4 because I like the look of them, and I think they might be worth something down the road, and 1 (my gamer) that has been in my bag for a long time and gives me tons of confidence with putting.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

It's all personal preference, as stated. I have 5 scotty's, 4 because I like the look of them, and I think they might be worth something down the road, and 1 (my gamer) that has been in my bag for a long time and gives me tons of confidence with putting.

I agree, all personal perference. I am not a fan of inserts on putters, to me they feel dead. I have tried the Odyssey milled putters and like them, but there is something about my Scotty that I can't explain. Last week in our league I had 11 putts for 9 holes, when you get on a roll with it, there is nothing better.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I feel bettinardi studio putters are very similar to scotty studio putters and like the feel. I bought my bettinardi because it was on clearance in the fall for 50 percent off. I went with the cheaper putter since I could care less about the name of the putter.

I am going on a limb and saying the majority of people using scottys do it so they can say they have a scotty putter. Its very similar with PROv1s. The only reason why I use prov's is because I was given nearly 100 of them from a buddy and am using them.

At the same time if the using a scotty having the ability to say I have a scotty makes someone happy then knock yourself out. Id rather spend the extra money on golf rounds.
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

I have a 4 scottys all awesome putters, I got a beternadi ect ect I have alot of putters....

If you own a Bettinardi, why would you spell it as "beternardi"? Twice.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

If you own a Bettinardi, why would you spell it as "beternardi"? Twice.

Ha Ha! Does seem suspect. Of course, a huge chunk of people who were raised speaking and writing English continue to write "loose" instead of "lose", and insert random apostrophes into words like "Vokey

' s" and "Mizuno ' s"...

I feel bettinardi studio putters are very similar to scotty studio putters and like the feel. I bought my bettinardi because it was on clearance in the fall for 50 percent off. I went with the cheaper putter since I could care less about the name of the putter.

Nobody who knows putters calls Bettinardis cheap. They are CNC millled, and they actually (unlike Scotty) mill them in the USA. In fact i would rather have a Bettinardi than a Scotty.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have a SC Red X but only have it because my mom purchased it and didn't like it. i had no idea at the time that it was such an expensive putter (probably wouldn't purchase one with my own money just due to cost).

In my ORG 14 Cart Bag:

Driver: FTI 10 degree
Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3W
Hybrid: 2i Hi-Bore 4i XLS Hi-BoreIrons: X-22 Tour w/ Project X 6.0 shafts (5-PW)Wedges: CG15 52 and 56Putter: Red XBalls: HX Hot Bites

Nobody who knows putters calls Bettinardis cheap. They are CNC millled, and they actually (unlike Scotty) mill them in the USA. In fact i would rather have a Bettinardi than a Scotty.

yes i know this and know bettinardis are not cheap mine was on clearance at a closing golf store one fall. Its actually over 300 new and yes I like mine better than a scotty
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

. . . they are titliest putters, and i am in love with titliest . . . they do look good

. . . answered within the original post.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I paid over 300$ for a driver and I don't use it as much as my putter. If if puts the ball in the hole, price is not an object regardless of the brand name.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

If if puts the ball in the hole, price is not an object regardless of the brand name.

Someone could use that statement to avoid spending $300 on a putter

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!