IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you honestly think that even the most expensive scotty cameron putter puts the slightest dent in a tour pro's cash at all?

Do you honestly think a tour pro pays for his equipment?

Scotty Cameron is more of a "fashion" statement if anything. It's kind of like having a nice watch. My $80 Fossil can tell time just as easily as someone's $1000 Movada. So many more tour players are using Odyssey putters and other brands than Scotty Cameron it seems. Leads me to believe that Odyssey offers a better piece of equipment for less money.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Your fossil may tell time, but open it up and see how its made compared to a nice switch watch and then tell me that. Its not a fashion thing. Listen, 2 cars will both get you to work. Why would anyone have the Lexus over the Chevy Cobalt? Its not just beacuse of a statement. Its also because of comfort. I use Odyssey, and I like it. But it is not made better. Single block used to make Scotty's are damn good.

Your fossil may tell time, but open it up and see how its made compared to a nice switch watch and then tell me that. Its not a fashion thing. Listen, 2 cars will both get you to work. Why would anyone have the Lexus over the Chevy Cobalt? Its not just beacuse of a statement. Its also because of comfort. I use Odyssey, and I like it. But it is not made better. Single block used to make Scotty's are damn good.

Bottom line. Are they worth the money??

It depends on your income and priorities. How durable does a putter have to be? It's not put under any stresses like any other club. A Scotty will rust too. So if I have a putter milled from a solid block of titanium, it's a better putter? A Scotty is a name brand putter for those who like that kind of thing.

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I dont just understand why it cant be what it is. If you want to pay the money for a cameron then do it, its probably not going to dramatically better your putting, but if it makes you feel better and you have the money do it, and who cares about everything else. I am a putter ho, I have several different styles and brands. I have a Yes Tiffany that I have a hard time putting the ball into the ocean with, 2 camerons, the TEI3 is a great, soft putter, and it looks good, the circa 62 I got a good deal on, an odyssey white hot 2 ball, and a t.p. mills. I play the TEI3 every day, but whenever it gets me in trouble, I always put it in the closet for timeout and go with the old 2 ball. Its always responsive, and makes good putts until I feel better about the other. Moral of the story, buy what you want and **** em

For any avid golfer, a 3 put should be disgraceful weather you are using a scotty cameron or you are using an old ray cook putter.

Just a side note, some of the early 80s Ray Cooks were designed and inspired by scotty cameron. If I could find one, Id buy it.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

there is a definite difference between high end and entry / mid level putters... weight, balance, differences in toe hang, quality of materials, etc etc

I wouldnt limit this to scotty camerons though... his putters are great I own two of them but I also know people who game TP Mills, Bett's and Byron putters. These flatsticks are truly handcrafted and in many ways are many notches above OTR scotty's. They are truly handmade putters and can have an array of custom welded necks, toe hand adjustments, weight to the exact gram, perfect milling patters, available in beached heads or not. Of course these are expensive putters but these are the putters that make a difference, its not just the brand its the customization and quality control that goes into each putter. If you order one of the shortsticks it will cost you on average 100-200 dollars more than a scotty but is a unique putter that is made for your game. They use the highest quality materials and are proudly made here in this country by hand, limiting CNC tech and hand milling the face

you have to hold these in your hands to know and feel the difference

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Bottom line if the ball goes in the hole and you think you can hole every putt then yes Scotty's are worth every cent. I think this leads back to the old saying, it isn't the indians fault but the arrow (or something like that...LOL)

And by the way my Scotty Cameron putter just showd up from eBay yesterday and the Odessey is going back into the basement.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

They are worth every cent, and after selling the concept of getting a better putter to my wife, I was 110% sold!

I've got no regrets with my Newport 2 and have been putting confidently ever since.
In my bag:
Burner 9.5
NDS 3 wood
Tight Lies i-wood 18 deg
Irons: X-14 3-PWHippo Ni-S56/10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

• Administrator
Scotty Cameron is more of a "fashion" statement if anything. It's kind of like having a nice watch. My $80 Fossil can tell time just as easily as someone's $1000 Movada. So many more tour players are using Odyssey putters and other brands than Scotty Cameron it seems. Leads me to believe that Odyssey offers a better piece of equipment for less money.

Your stats are wrong. Scotty Cameron leads the putter counts week in and week out. Odyssey, I don't even think they're in second most weeks.

Your Fossil/"fashion" theory was already sufficiently refuted, so I won't address that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

there is a definite difference between high end and entry / mid level putters... weight, balance, differences in toe hang, quality of materials, etc etc

They have a great feel, sure, but I know for a fact I'll put just as well (or at least right now, I've really gotten my stroke down) with my 30 dollar putter as a Scotty Cameron

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Your stats are wrong. Scotty Cameron leads the putter counts week in and week out. Odyssey, I don't even think they're in second most weeks.

You Scotty guys will never admit it. It's not about the technology behind them. They don't strike a ball any better than a $100 Ping putter. Their popularity stems from how much they cost and their design. It's funny to see guys blowing money on Scotty putters and $45/dozen ProV1 balls when they aren't <5 handicappers. It's their money to spend just as it's my opinion on why I feel they are a waste of money, but don't tell me they putt any better than a $100 Ping.

---"Be the ball"---

You Scotty guys will never admit it. It's not about the technology behind them. They don't strike a ball any better than a $100 Ping putter. Their popularity stems from how much they cost and their design. It's funny to see guys blowing money on Scotty putters and $45/dozen ProV1 balls when they aren't <5 handicappers. It's their money to spend just as it's my opinion on why I feel they are a waste of money, but don't tell me they putt any better than a $100 Ping.

thats not true... go to

www.puttertalk.com and read their reviews, they include super slow mode videos the the putter striking the ball, you'll see the differences between a lot of putters on there

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator
You Scotty guys will never admit it.

What's to admit? You made up statistics, I refuted them.

Now you're changing the goalposts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even if they don't putt better than an Odyssey to justify the cost difference, you'll still be the envy of most people that you play with. Especially if you get a limited edition Napa valley or something ;)

What's in My Extreme Lite Bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5* w/ stiff Made for Titleist Voodoo
3-Wood: 904f 15*
2- Hybrid: 18* Heavenwood
3-PW: X-18 w/ steel Uniflex shaftsSW: Forged 56* LW: chrome 60*Putter: 34" White Hot Two-BallBall: NXT Tour

I bought Scotty Cameron Studio Select 2 about a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I had a taylormade spider and I liked it but I didnt like the way it looked when I address the ball to putt so I decided to go back to the mallet putter and it was the best decision I have made. This putter shows you if you are not putter well also so this has really helped my putting bc if you dont hit the ball in the middle it doesnt go as you thought. But overall I love this putter

Im not a Scotty Guy. Never had, and maybe never will. But your fashion statement theory had no merrit whatsoever. I put that one to rest with your fossil watch. As for blowing money, IF YOU SAY SO.

I would never consider anything to be blowing money... especially when it comes to ball, I dont understand how you come to a conclusion that a prov1 is only for a sub 5 handicap

I guess I'm not good enough for one, shoot

Daniel Duarte

well lets just say that I bought my scotty cameron for right around $150 did blow my money I dont think so. I dont think it matters is you send $1 or $1000 on a putter if you like it and it feels good to you then get it. If Pro-V arent worth it try hitting a Top Flite and then a Pro-V and see which one stops and spins back I know Top Flite arent going to do that like Pro-V's.

Note: This thread is 3740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!