IGNORED

decided i need a lob wedge

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a the Titliest Vokey Spin Milled 60 degree. Never use it, probably the most unused club I have bought.

Hardly used, if you want to maybe I'll sell it to you for a decent price

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T
Hybrid: Titleist 585H Hybrid
Irons: Nike Pro Combo 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56*, 60* Titleist Vokey 52*Putter: Odyssey 6660 Ball: Titleist ProV1

haha how decent we talking!?! i think the shipping would be a bit too much to get it from you to me! i have been eyeing them on ebay though...
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

i am the latter. i rarely ever take a divot (unless i mess up a shot!) i always get a clean hit. so i need less bounce as in 8* or less correct?

That would be my guess, unless you want to use it exclusively as a sand club. If you are taking small to no divots, you are probably what is called a "slider" - meaning you slide the leading edge under the ball, as opposed to a "digger" (like myself) who crashes down on the ball. If you were trying to slide a wedge with high bounce off of a tight lie, the bounce of the club will make it do just that....bounce off the tight lie making the leading edge hit too high on the ball. This will look and feel like a thin shot, when in fact you have really hit it a touch fat, or in front of the ball.

Haha yeah, the spin milled is definitely my favorite wedge by far. Really gives a good kick back on softer greens.

See what kind of prices you can find on ebay and let me know.

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T
Hybrid: Titleist 585H Hybrid
Irons: Nike Pro Combo 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56*, 60* Titleist Vokey 52*Putter: Odyssey 6660 Ball: Titleist ProV1

I love my Cleveland 588 60degree. Favorite club in my bag!

In my Callaway Stand Bag:

MX-700 9.5* stiff
2H 18deg Slingshot Tour
MP57 3-PW Rifle Flighted 5.0 54* Vokey Spin Milled 60* BRZ Tour Action 900 Studio Select Newport 2

Haha yeah, the spin milled is definitely my favorite wedge by far. Really gives a good kick back on softer greens.

i can find it used (which is probably what im going to get) for around 50-75 buy it now. new is over 100 for buy it now.

SW & LW

Go Vokey spin milled or CG 14

I have a CG 14 and really like it

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

• 4 weeks later...
I really like my Callaway X-Forged 60.09 lob wedge with the MD grooves. There are several good wedges on the market though, such as Mizuno and the Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. The 58 degree wedge also makes a good lob wedge too. Make sure you try to get one with a bounce angle that fits your swing and the courses that you play.

For me, a 60 or 58 degree wedge is absoutely the most fun club to practice with too.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

You may be talking about bounce (or bounce angle)

Definition courtesy of about.com:

"Measurement in degrees of the angle from the front edge of a club's sole to the point that actually rests on the ground at address. The middle or rear of many soles is lower than the front edge. Bounce is most commonly applied to wedges. More bounce will keep the club from digging too deeply into turf or sand.
The amount of bounce needed depends on conditions. If you play courses with soft, fluffy sand, you'll need more bounce. If the courses you play typically have harder sand, you'll need less bounce. Playing from fairway - less bounce.

The type of swing can influence the amount of bounce needed, too. Players who swing their wedges steeply into impact need more bounce. Players who sweep through and undercut need less bounce."

you need a lob wedge

laid open 56 wedge can get a 36 handicap into real trouble. lob wedges usually have less bounce which helps avoid blading and usuallly have a sharper leading edge to cut through the long grass.

don't listen to anyone about wedges unless they have taken the wedges to the grinder to get the bounce and edge that they want.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

so i ended up getting what i considered a pretty good deal. at rockbottomgolf.com they had a special if you bought a ben hogan sw for $70 you get the lw for free. sw is a 56* with 6* bouce and the lw is a 60* with 6* bounce. both are perfect for me because i have more of a sweeping flat swing. i have tested these clubs for the past week EVERY day hitting in my back yard or in a field and i love them. i can put 8 out of 10 balls inside a circle the size of a hula hoop from 30 yards out. and i havent tested on a regular green yet (been a weird week with a hurricane evacuation) but im pretty sure i can put lots of backspin on it. just open the club face up a little bit and take a good swing at it. ive been hitting out of the equivilency(sp) of light rough grass. but ya check it out if youre not happy with your wedge situation. i think the confidence it brings me already is worth it!

SW & LW

I tried the Nike TW 60* and it's a very good wedge. Hits further than the other 60* wedges I have tried.

Burner Driver 10.5 | Burner Fairways No.3, No. 5 | MX-950 3-PW
TW Wedges 56*, 60* | Studio Style 2.5
Cart bag | Ball: Ignite

i use a CG14 58.12 as a SW/LW combo.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

56 deg laid open.

All that does is increase the bounce, which makes that shot nearly impossible to play from a tight lie (fairway or hardpan). I recently added a Callaway 58° X Tour. It's only 2 degrees more loft than my Cleveland CG 11, but with a lower bounce angle it is more useful in more ways than the Cleveland. I love the CG 11 in the sand, but I've rarely used for anything else. Now I have a club in my bag that works for all of those other shots where I need a high arc with a soft landing. And the 58° is still much easier to hit consistently than the 60°. I have a 60° and it lives in my garage.... my scoring is much better when I leave it there.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!