IGNORED

"The Impact Zone" by Bobby Clampett

iacas
Note: This thread is 1481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for posting the video.

Now, I can sell my book...only about 35 pages into it.

Any takers?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• 1 year later...

I have read the book but I have only worked on the first two Dynamics, and only a few times at the range. I played today and my ball striking was better than it's ever been. hitting my irons and hybrids longer and straighter than ever before.

What I do is focus my eyes 4 inches in front of the ball and aim my hands at that point on the down swing, IT WORKS. think of it as aiming the end of the club handle four inches in front of the ball.  DON"T AIM THE CLUB HEAD, Aim your hands, and the club head will follow thru the ball. Man, it really works and I haven't even worked on it that much. I cannot swing my driver this way yet.

It seems almost too good to be true how well I hit the ball using this technique for the first time.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

Originally Posted by Dr. Slice

I just ordered the book off of Amazon for the kindle. Ive only gotten through the introduction part and so far its a great read. I have one big questions though,

One of the main points of the book is to look 4 inches ahead of the ball. I haven't tried this yet, but it seems like doing this would make my push a lot of shots, especially with my longer irons.

Did any of you guys have a problem with this? Remember ive only read the intro so im not sure if he addresses it later in the book

Focus on a blade of grass or anything you can that's about 4 inches in front of the ball. Aim your hands at this point and forget about the ball, the ball strike will take care of its self.

In my bag....

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme

I am thinking of getting this book, but I have a question. Does he reference ball position in your stance in relation to aiming 4 inches in front of the ball? I have recently had success playing all my balls more forward in my stance, about 2" off of my left heel like Hogan describes in his book. Aiming 4" infront of that would put the swing bottom outside the left foot (for me) which doesn't seem to make too much sense in my mind. So does clampett propose plaing the ball towards the middle of the stance, or can his ideas be applied with the ball more forward?

You're not aiming the club head four inches ahead of the ball, you're aiming your hands four inches in front of the ball.

In my bag....

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

• 1 year later...

I read the book because I've always had trouble hitting down on the ball. After 1 day on the range my contact is a lot better. However, I also need to work on my lag which I didn't feel the book helped much. Does anyone have the DVD's and do they give you better information for lag?

• 3 weeks later...
I read the book because I've always had trouble hitting down on the ball. After 1 day on the range my contact is a lot better. However, I also need to work on my lag which I didn't feel the book helped much. Does anyone have the DVD's and do they give you better information for lag?

That was my only complaint with Clampett. he tells you what you should feel but not enough info on how to achieve it in my opinion. I have the DVDs still in the wrapper because I purchased the DVD set and it came with a direct download. Send me a private message if you're interested in purchasing the discs.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
Have the book coming. Looking forward, to it.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

• 3 months later...

Ok I tried it last round and my short irons were crisp.. But like the book says if your lag isn't there you'll struggle with longer irons which I am. Find it hard to get a divot with my long irons and FW woods. Driver I don't try it..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I initially planned on only using it for practice purposes, but I now look in front of the ball on almost every shot. I think it helps me avoid throwing the clubhead too much at the ball. Might also be useful to keep my eyes in place, as I have had issues with the eyes following the clubhead as it goes back.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 1 month later...

Just started reading this book, is he really suggesting a flat left wrist for putting? From looking at the pictures in the book it looks like his wrist is cupped a little bit, what is his definition of a flat left wrist?

Just started reading this book, is he really suggesting a flat left wrist for putting? From looking at the pictures in the book it looks like his wrist is cupped a little bit, what is his definition of a flat left wrist?

When they say, "flat left wrist" they mean that the shaft and left arm form a straight line.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Good book worth reading for the dramatic effect the aiming point concept can have on someone who has never truly compressed the ball, but ultimately a little thin in content. It helped when I first read it but 5sk goes miles further in teaching you the "how" part.

I wouldn't pay much attention to his putting and pitching advice though.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Good book worth reading for the dramatic effect the aiming point concept can have on someone who has never truly compressed the ball, but ultimately a little thin in content. It helped when I first read it but 5sk goes miles further in teaching you the "how" part.

I wouldn't pay much attention to his putting and pitching advice though.

Right I'm happy with my putting technique, and don't want to change it. The aiming technique helped me a lot, I know concentrate on hitting a piece of grass or something 4 inches in front of the ball and try to ignore that the ball is there. That along helped me out a lot with hitting fat and thin shots, I've only been able to use it once but it made a big difference for me.

• 3 months later...

Read the book a few years ago, it really helped improving contact - best drill was line in the sand, it really got me going. Still haven't managed the 5th chapter (hittting down the line) - the video posted here is great help to visualize how to get things done. Indeed having good impact is #1 in golf swing, rest will follow! So it is quite normal that this book is not much value to low handicaps, as they already have a good technique when it comes to contacting the ball - sometimes, though, getting back to basics is useful anyway! ;)

Here is a short version of the 5 dynamics of the impact zone....I think this kid went to Bobby's school and then posted the dynamics. I am just speculating however. These 5 dynamics are very similar to the 5SK. I'm not a paid spokesperson for 5SK, I'm just saying. Now we need some drills to accomplish these.

• Administrator

Here is a short version of the 5 dynamics of the impact zone....I think this kid went to Bobby's school and then posted the dynamics. I am just speculating however. These 5 dynamics are very similar to the 5SK. I'm not a paid spokesperson for 5SK, I'm just saying. Now we need some drills to accomplish these.

I don't know how similar they are to 5SK.

Bobby's entire thing is "location of low point of the swing." That's it. That's almost all it boils down to for him, IMO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!