• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • But given the choice between the above, if a course was forced to save money by reducing maintenance on one of those, I'd choose bunkers. Right but it brings us back to the topic of whether you'd be okay with courses letting bunkers go which might allow them to stay in business or allocate the budget elsewhere. If you play on a course that has money and you pay well for it, I agree that you'd expect it to be well maintained everywhere. But most courses don't have that kind of money at their disposal. At the courses I play I have no issue with them saving money on bunker maintenance and turning that into increasing the quality of their greens, fairways, or even tee boxes. Hell they could even just knock a few bucks off the greens fees, but that would be my last choice. I'm willing to pay a few extra dollars a round to help keep the courses in better shape.
    • I haven't played Miami Shores in years. It's simply very far from my house and none of my usual playing partners are interested in the long drive. It's generally in good shape, but not known to be any kind of big challenge. Same with the 2 courses at CC of Miami. They were nice way back when, but it's way too far to drive on a weekday when i get to play. Some of the  public courses around Miami are Palmetto, in the SW area near me. It can stretch to play quite a bit longer than many other courses around here. Crandon, on Key Biscayne, is pricey, but well worth it. The natural beauty is a challenge to your concentration. The senior tour used to play an event there. Bayshore and Normandy are on Miami Beach and both are always in good shape. The Biltmore in Coral Gables is nice, but it's been redesigned since it's glory days when icons of the game played tournaments there. One of my favorite courses is Miami Springs, owned by the City of Miami. It's a very old course that's pretty much the same since the 30s through 50s when it hosted the Miami Open. In the clubhouse are a bunch of the trophies with the names of the winners over the years. Personally, I can't walk those fairways, (when I'm infrequently in a fairway), and wonder if Snead or Hogan stepped right where I am at that moment.
    • Going out on a limb but I think this happens when you don't have much 2ndary tilt. Right hand rolls over left much easier slamming the door close faster through impact. IDK, take this with a grain of salt but guys who start the DS with a mini squat get better secondary axis tilt, lead a bit longer with their right elbow and rotate better through impact. For me, if I try to rotate chest open through impact it actually stalls my hips. Not sure why it works the way it does but that's the exact opposite of what I intend to do (square shoulders and open hips through impact).   
    • Guys, it is not like I am opposed to a challenge.  In fact, it does make the game more interesting.  My concern is that badly maintained anything (bunkers, fairways, greens) make for unpredictable results.  I agree that rub of the green will happen even on good courses, but having any bounce or shot be unpredictable is stretching whether it is golf or roulette.  The difference is that on a good well maintained course, the percentage of funny bounces/results from a well struck shot are less
    • Won the handicap section of the Coffee Cup I played in my home course on Sunday
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...