IGNORED

2006 Fantasy League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
They should have done some kind of pick'em thing this week for the Match Play Championship. I know some folks may watch the Chrysler Classic, but not me.

My first segment has sucked too, and I have also thrown four guys together. I couldn't even reach 50 points.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I'm rounding into form now, baby! Second in this tournament with -50, just losing to that darn guy from NM. To anyone who had Phil Mickelson on Sunday, I feel bad for you, but at least he had some earlier good rounds.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am definitely moving up the list after my sorry start to the segment. But it's too late for a move to the top. There are only a couple events left I believe. Hopefully segment #2 will turn out like it did last year for me.

As for this week, blah! Bubba Watson withdrew already this morning, which leaves me short-handed from the start. It's about par for the course so-to-speak. :)

As for this week, blah! Bubba Watson withdrew already this morning, which leaves me short-handed from the start. It's about par for the course so-to-speak. :)

Ugh... Bubba!!! Come on man. Now I've gotta hope Camilo and Company can all make the cut.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

I know I have CH3 and Luke Donald, but I forgot who my other guy is. I thought it was Justin Leonard originally, but something is telling me I picked Ogilvy. I hope for my sanity that I picked Ogilvy. Leonard went out and played at +6 for the day. :) Ogilvy is -2 so far. Big difference!

Camilo was +1 after 10 the last time I checked.

• Administrator
I know I have CH3 and Luke Donald, but I forgot who my other guy is. I thought it was Justin Leonard originally, but something is telling me I picked Ogilvy. I hope for my sanity that I picked Ogilvy. Leonard went out and played at +6 for the day. :) Ogilvy is -2 so far. Big difference!

None of my guys withdrew, and last I checked, Toms was leading the tournament. But as we all know, you get absolutely no bonuses for a guy who wins or finishes high - just guys that make the cut and make a lot of birdies, even if they make a lot of bogeys too.

Camilo finished three under. Toms is tied at the lead with 3 other guys. I think Ogilvy is up there. He made a freakin' double eagle. Nice pickup for anyone with him on their team.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Well, I'll have Geoff Ogilvy and Luke Donald for sure. Ogilvy is currently T1 in the clubhouse, and Donald is T3 in the clubhouse. Donald shot 30 on his last nine (front nine) today to put himself right in the thick of things.

I'm not sure if CH3 will make the cut or not. Right now, he is T73, but by looking at the scores, it looks like +3 will end up making the cut.

The course must be playing pretty tough on the guys so far. +3 is on the outside right now, but I'm thinking it will be ok in the end.

By the way, I would like to whip me some CH3. He frustrates the hell out of me each and every week. :/

Also, for all the Camilo fans, he was -1 for the tourney until going double bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey on the back nine. He is +4 with a couple holes left. He may be going home early as well.

• Administrator

Well Camilo made it, as did the rest of my guys. I have the tourney leader, one of the guys in the top 10 (Donald), and Poulter and Villegas. Poulter is on fire today, -6 through 13. His playing partner shot a 29 on the front nine (J. Mills). Wowee. Villegas was -4 through 8, too, with an eagle, but slipped a little with a double at 9. Way too many doubles, this Villegas fellow...

Heh, just got a little note in TourCast that Poulter is challenging the course record at 63. He has a long ways to go.

Villegas was -4 through 8, too, with an eagle, but slipped a little with a double at 9. Way too many doubles, this Villegas fellow...

From a fantasy standpoint, who cares about doubles? He makes a good deal of birdies. From a contention standpoint, yeah, those a definitely a problem that he needs to address. But you always run the risk of ugly numbers when you play aggressively off the tee.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:

• Administrator
That's what I'm saying. I'd like to see him do well in tournaments, not just in my fantasy league.

Toms had a horrible day it seems like, but Donald has now snuck into the lead! And, I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to brag a little:

1Team Barzeski , E. Barzeski-11-13-130-3797.6

Woohoo!

My team is doing so-so. They all played pretty well today, but the -10 score wasn't good enough.

On a personal note, I was glad to see CH3 shoot a 69 to move up to T35. If he can get past his "sucky Sunday" fetish, he might get a top-15 or top-20 finish. I was also happy to see Luke Donald vault into the lead. I have him on my fantasy team, but I'm more happy as a personal fan. Like Erik said, the fantasy league is cool, but I would much rather see my favorites do well in the fantasy scoring as well as on the golf course each and every week.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I love the tough courses. I'm thinking the Honda Classic may be a little underrated. Then again, if Tiger was playing, he might be -18 or so. Who knows. It's a lot of fun though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Pay attention y'all:

A scheduled press conference also was cancelled after officials were informed that Woods was not going to be at the course. ... With reports that Woods had flown to California to see his father, his manager Mark Steinberg issued a statement saying: "Tiger Woods was off site today for personal reasons but intends to be back at the TPC Sawgrass in time for his first-round tee time on Thursday at 12:33 p.m." As that was being announced, there came news that Chris DiMarco -- the player Woods beat in a playoff at The Masters last year -- had withdrawn from the Players Championship and was replaced by Colombia's Camilo Villegas. DiMarco suffered a rib muscle injury during a family holiday in Colorado last weekend and aggravated it practicing on Sunday.

Consider yourselves informed.

Yeah I saw that and quickly changed my roster.

ESPN still doesn't have Villegas on the list as he was added as an alternate... Come onnnnn!

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:

I think I picked Adam Scott, Scott Verplank, CH3 (price finally went down), and someone else. I can't think of the fourth person, but there were somewhere in the 11 point range I believe.

We will see.

The BellSouth has potential to be a pretty good tourney this year. Phil Mickelson is torching the course today, and Harrington, Donald, and Goosen are all playing well. The weekend might shape up pretty good.

And what about David Toms? He is +4 so far. What the heck is up with him? At the end of last year, I predicted he would struggle big time in 2006. I think my prediction is starting to come true. Too bad I picked him to win The Masters.

As for my fantasy team this week, I went with Goose, Stenson, Bubba Dickerson, and Zach Johnson. Stenson is nearly in last place (another shock), but my other three are playing ok.

• Administrator
The BellSouth has potential to be a pretty good tourney this year. Phil Mickelson is torching the course today, and Harrington, Donald, and Goosen are all playing well. The weekend might shape up pretty good.

Frickin' David Toms.

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 6411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!