IGNORED

2006 Fantasy League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

err...a lil too late...but why not
In The Bag:
Driver: 9 degree King Cobra 440 SZ (ETP Penley S Flex)
3 Wood: Taylormade 540 XD (M.A.S R5 Series S Flex)
5 Wood: Mizuno MP .001 (Exsar 60 S Flex)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (Dynamic Gold) Gap Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM Oilcan (Dynamic Gold) Sand Wedge: Cleveland Tour Action (Dynam. G) Putter:...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

How's everyone doing. I forgot to pick a team last week and fell to #4457 or so... but I've got a killer team for the Buick. I'll give you a hint: TW is on the team, yeah. Duh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was starting to get things going this segment after having a horrendous U.S. Open. Then came last week. I picked the all Okie St. team along with Ryan Moore and paid for it. CH3 withdrew (was playing awful anyway), and Ryan Moore wasn't even close to making the cut. Scott Verplank and Hunter Mahan made the cut but didn't make a ton of birdies.

I'm not sure exactly where I'm sitting overall, but I was third in our league after last week. I'm probably fourth or fifth now.

• 2 weeks later...
You know when it's bad for Davis Love III? When Steve Stricker costs more in the fantasy league.

Yikes!

Hopefully DL3 can finish like he did at last year's PGA Championship. That might make him cost more than Steve Stricker at least, and it would probably solidify a Ryder Cup spot as well.

• Administrator
Yikes!

Here's to hoping both Couples and DLIII fail to make the Ryder Cup team. Goodness, after the years they've had, Lehman had better not pick them, either. Everyone has to play singles, remember.

Despite missing a week (brain fart - just forgot to pick a team) and getting a whopping 0 points, I'm fourth currently. Cody, you're third - 0.1% points ahead of me - despite the fact that we have the same total (663 points).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here's to hoping both Couples and DLIII fail to make the Ryder Cup team. Goodness, after the years they've had, Lehman had better not pick them, either. Everyone has to play singles, remember.

Yeah, I had an awful U.S. Open, but I have fought back pretty well. I'm not sure how they have me .1% ahead for having the same amount of points though. Crazy ESPN.

As for Couples and DLIII, I agree with what you are saying. I really don't want them on the team either. I love to watch both guys, but I don't trust Freddie's back at all. And DLIII hasn't played well since the opening round at Sawgrass. When he fell apart during the second round at Sawgrass, that really put a scar on him that he hasn't recovered from yet.

I only just joined and had a stellar Buick..!!!! Got something like 99.3 points - no idea how. Well I do, TW had a lot to do with it, along with Camillo, Kenny Perry and JP Hayes

This week isn't so easy to pick though.....

In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

• 2 weeks later...

I finished second in the league for this segment. The winner of our group finished 143rd overall or something. Good job to whoever that was...

I'm ready to go one place higher.

• Administrator
I finished second in the league for this segment. The winner of our group finished 143rd overall or something. Good job to whoever that was...

You nipped me by 7. That week I forgot to pick a team (getting 0 points) killed me. I had a strong PGA, though, with 194 points. Woo!

Congrats.

I had an excellent PGA, something like 198 points..!!!! Shame I've only been going 3 weeks or I could have been doing quite well :(

This week should be interesting - isn't it a WCG event?
In the bag:
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

• Administrator

I had some good picks in the WGC. I'm #146 with 198 points. Must have only lost by a stroke.

I have to gloat now. This is no doubt the high point of this quarter for me.

I just joined. Should be fun.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I had some good picks in the WGC. I'm #146 with 198 points. Must have only lost by a stroke.

Haha - nice work. I did ok in the WGC - think it was about 187 or so.

EDIT: I lied - it was 179 :/ Actually not doing bad for the few weeks I've been in it. This week should be interesting, I've picked a couple of guys who made the trip to Ireland, but I wonder how that might affect them. So far my scores have gone: 99, 57, 198, 179
In the bag:

• 2 weeks later...
Are any of you getting the reminder emails every week? I have always received them on Tuesday, but I haven't received any this segment. I nearly forget every week it seems. :/

Note: This thread is 6439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!