IGNORED

New Iron recommendation for 30ish handicapper?

Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, can anyone give me any direction on the iron sets below that I am trying to decide on? I am a 24 and just took up the game again after 10 years or so (use to be an 18 in those days). I am seriously considering both the Mizuno Mx-19 (SGI) and MX-25 (GI).. anyone have any advice to share? The thing that makes the MX-25 appealing is that it's forged where the MX-19 isn't. But both were highly rated by Golf Digest and made the hot list in their respective categorys..

Let's see if I can help you out... Obviously, the first thing to do would be to try and find them and hit them. You'd be surprised how a great set of clubs, that's worked for many, just doesn't feel right to you.

As far as choosing between the 19 & 25, and point you toward the 19. They will not hold you back, will give you more off your mis-hits, and will give you a chance to get back into the game without the difficulties of playing a forged blade. Who knows... a few years with the 19's, and maybe you'll want a change to something less "game improvement". Forged clubs, have their merits...as we all know. And at first, they are the "sexy" choice. But for a dude getting back into it, who's a 24 (and prev. an 18).... go the cavity-back route. You aren't going to be sacrificing anything.

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!