IGNORED

PGA Championship

ks8829

Note: This thread is 4792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The PGA doesn't want another scenario like what happened in New Orleans earlier this year, when tournament officials simply kept the players in their third round pairings and sent them out in the same order. Andres Romero shot 65-68 on the weekend to win by one, but as he was lurking near the back of the field prior to the third round, he was finished on Sunday before the telecast began. Ironically, Romero would have been poised to duplicate the feat had the PGA decided not to re-pair the field before the final round!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB Holmes sounded a little big headed in his post 3rd Rd interview. They were saying how the wet course was playing long and he replies (without smiling or laughing) 'It wasn't playing any longer for me.' There were other aspects of the interview that for some reason made him come across as a pr***.
I'm pulling for Padraig or Ben Curtis right now.

JB Holmes sounded a little big headed in his post 3rd Rd interview. They were saying how the wet course was playing long and he replies (without smiling or laughing) 'It wasn't playing any longer for me.' There were other aspects of the interview that for some reason made him come across as a pr***.

I agree 100%. If there were two pros that I just can't stand, they'd be Colin Montgomerie, and J.B. Holmes. I'm also rooting for Ben Curtis. Along with Henrik Stenson.

Watch out for the group including Romero and Villegas. If anyone is capable of going really low on this course, those two would be the prime candidates. If one of them gets hot, the other will not be far behind, and both can be under par for the tournament by the end of the day.

Honestly, even without Tiger, this leaderboard is stacked.

I think if Phil can shoot a 66 or 65... who knows. but honestly I've been watching the whole morning and there's birdie's to be made. I think it'll be someone in the last 2 groups. Today is too good of a scoring day for some of the other guys to move up.

Mickelson's sixth: crushed drive to the rough in front of the greenside bunker, chunked flop shot into said bunker, blast to six inches, tap-in. Typical routine par for Phil.

Woops, that was the seventh, and a bogey.

No, I had it right the first time. The sixth, and a routine Mickelson par.

Note: This thread is 4792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!