IGNORED

2008 Q School application is available

Ben
Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good luck to Ben on the forum here and gangja if you decide your house an wait.

I believe you must be a 2 or better.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Good luck if you do choose to go for it Ben. Play a Texas event, and I'll be there to cheer for ya.

I know the second stage at Dayton Valley Country Club in Dayton, Nevada allows spectators...

Not sure about the prior rounds though.
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

How old are you Ben, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 32. Old as dirt.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm 32. Old as dirt.

Ben: I applaud you for having a handicap and skill like that at age 32. It's not old, but other things come at that point of life and its amazing how you can still be an exceptional player.

That is what I am afraid of, I want to become better, but am scared other things will take over as I get older and I lose all my skill like most do.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Thanks Denty, I figure at 32, I'm at my prime physical peak and have at least 10 years left, if not more. With that in mind, I'll just keep plugging away. Something big is bound to happen within 10 years.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Mate 15,000 is a lot of money if you don't qualify. And without being rude, I can't image you would make a big killing being the assistant pro(IIRC) at a club. But I hope all goes well.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Mate 15,000 is a lot of money if you don't qualify. And without being rude, I can't image you would make a big killing being the assistant pro(IIRC) at a club. But I hope all goes well.

Pfft, no reason not to give it a go in my opinion. I would rather have tried and failed (or succeed) than to have never tried at all and wondered what could have been. Being an assistant Pro has nothing to do with ability, it is just a position at a golf club, Ian Poulter was an assistant Pro before he went through tour school and he hasn't done too bad for himself As I have said before, good luck Ben hope all goes well

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

ahh I meant being an assistant pro would not be a huge salary to pay for qualifying. With a handicap of +1 you can't be that bad ;) By all means go to Q school i'm just saying that 15 big ones is a lot of money if you didn't qualify

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Pfft, no reason not to give it a go in my opinion. I would rather have tried and failed

and eat beans and rice for the next year

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

It is a grip of money, that's for sure. But that's a another nice benefit of working at a private club. If I do try out, and I do make it up the ladder, I'll have members here eager to help out with the fees. If.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!