Sign in to follow this  
Ben

2008 Q School application is available

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 posts / 12171 viewsLast Reply

Eh, I don't know. I'm on the fence, but leading towards the 'no' end of the fence. At least for this year. I'll see how my mini-tour play for August treats me and make a decision...

Whatever you decide to do, Ben, good luck!

I think I might apply too... Oh, wait I think I'll drop about 20 shots off my handicap first. Then save up for about twenty years!

Eh, I don't know. I'm on the fence, but leading towards the 'no' end of the fence. At least for this year. I'll see how my mini-tour play for August treats me and make a decision...

All healed up?

Focus on your mini tour events this year in my opinion, really get some experience of playing under pressure and learning to score well when your playing poorly, this experience would probably really help your attempt at Q school if you was to do it next year or even the year after.

All healed up?

Yeap, been back in action for about a month now. Played 3 tournaments since. Best finish a tie for 4th.

Focus on your mini tour events this year in my opinion, really get some experience of playing under pressure and learning to score well when your playing poorly, this experience would probably really help your attempt at Q school if you was to do it next year or even the year after.

Well, here's how I see it. When I play well in my August events, I'll have my confidence running high. I'll go as far through Q School as I can, if I happen to make it all the way, I'll have still the rest of the year to still on the mini-tours to build my experience/confidence. Why put to tomorrow, what I may pull off today?

Yeap, been back in action for about a month now. Played 3 tournaments since. Best finish a tie for 4th.

Yeh true, what ever you choose to do good luck, and I'm glad your injuries worn off

Good luck on the Mini-Tour Ben! Hope to see you on the nationwide/pga tour soon.

Underparnv - If you have the funds, I say go for it and see how far you get. What's the worst that could happen? :)

Holy crap. So, it costs $15,000 if you play all the qualifying sessions?

I got through about half of that before I realize I am not eligible because I got a parking ticket in Washington DC in 1999.

I'm not sure I follow this.

Good luck on the Mini-Tour Ben! Hope to see you on the nationwide/pga tour soon.

I could lose $5,000...

Good luck to Ben on the forum here and gangja if you decide your house an wait.

What does your handicap have to be to join? Although I'm miles off scratch just curious to find out, or is there no handicap?

Good luck if you do choose to go for it Ben. Play a Texas event, and I'll be there to cheer for ya.

BTW - what's the policy on going out to watch one of these events? Do they allow spectators? Some of the Texas venues are within an hour of my house, and it'd be cool to go and watch.

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!