IGNORED

Does your wife/significant other play golf?

CoolBreeze20
Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife just started playing this year. She loves to play and I love to play with her. She has had a few lessons and is improving weekly.

I play with my Dad on Friday's along with a few of my best golfing pals and really enjoy our time playing but look forward to playing with my wife during the week even more.

My wife wants to learn and I gave her a club to let her hit some wiffle balls in our yard. The other day I talked to the HS golf coach and she offered free lessons for her. So hopefully one day we can golf together.

I bought her a set of clubs off ebay last week and were going to the range for the first time tonight. Shes a lefty so she couldnt borrow mine and the ranges around here have nothing in womans let alone left handed. Our neighbors gave me a set and got me into it in Dec and have now talked her into try it so now atleast we have a foursome

I took mine to the range not too long ago. she was like:
I love mini golf. i love scenery. so i'd probably like golf. She was actually nailing the stock 7 iron they have 80 yards. she kept on complaining that she was sore the next day. we split a 150 ball bucket.
she said she enjoyed watching me hit the ball more b/c of the things I could make the ball do. she was like I thought u just hit the ball and walk to it...she never knew how hard it was to actually hit the ball..let alone pinpoint and work it.
she does wanna come out on the course with me sometime this year, but i don't know if i'd ever be able to play a round....it would be SLOW....and I hate slow golf...but I am a patient man and may change my mind.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

We started talking about her playing again (we played a little before we started having kids 18 years ago). We know a few other couples who play too, so I think it'll be cool.

I like to mess with her and tell her I'll teach her , because I know so much more about the golf swing now than I did 20 years ago , ...but she reminds me of how I tried to teach her the first time. (She seems to recall every bad thing I taught her - what a memory!!).

I just want her to get one of those Paula Creamer golf dresses!

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

My gf and I play, she was #3 on her team this year and they won state.. Her HC index is 12.7 from last year but if she inputed these years scores it would be around 9ish.. She beats me every time! Wayyy too consistent off the tee, hits like 90% of fairways..

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

My wife and I play at least once a week and go on golf vacations all year round.We will be retiring to Myrtle this year and I suppose we will play a few rounds together.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Just remember, If you're married and she hits a bad shot, its your fault.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

No and I am glad that she doesn't. Nice to get away.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

• 1 year later...
My wife has recently expressed interest in taking up the game, so we went out today to get her a set. I think she will do well. I have talked to some guys, and the LAST thing they want is their wife or GF to take up the game. I dont see it that way, cause I honestly dont have a lot of "friends" so I end up going by mysef a lot. To me, this is like a built in two-some until we have kids.

Should you guys ever elect to cease with two-somes and start doing Threesomes ... your amount of male friends will increase.

Nope. Thats why my club has a pool.

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

My GF is going to play her first round of nine tomorrow at the par 3.

I'm really excited, she's the best friend I've ever had, and I can't wait till she starts to play with me.

After a month she has a 150 yard drive and a 90 yard 8 iron. I'm proud of her

Almost posted a new thread but this fits the bill. I need help.
I've been dating a girl (26 year old, I'm 25) for a little over a month and it is about time I wanted to introduce her to my family. I had mentioned golf and she said she used to play some, didn't think much of it. I made a comment my dad and I like to play (6 HDCP) and she said we should play so I planned it at my former employer and my dads home course. I did some digging yesterday and found out she was the captain at a major university and what she last remembered was her handicap was a 1.8! I continued to dig and she said she drove the ball around 270 and drove a 310 yard par 4 before.
How would you react?
I don't know if I should be excited or embarrassed and should I "warn" my dad?

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

My wife plays quite a bit. She is in a work golf league and we play in a couple of best ball tourny's every year. We often go to the driving range together as something to do and we both enjoy it.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

@ JDOT, I would definitely warn your dad. When I play with a new friend for the first time, I worry about their talent level, and how fast, or slow they might play. Knowing that I'm playing with someone way better than me is a lot of fun. I tend to watch them very closely to see if I can pick anything up.

Enjoy the day, playing with my wife is a ton of fun. It's rare for a man and a woman to be able to share a sport and enjoy it together.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!