Sign in to follow this  
Elevation

Ever had or witnessed a double eagle??

Note: This thread is 4307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 posts / 1102 viewsLast Reply

I've never had a double eagle or ever witnessed one by a playing partner. A freind and my father in law are the only two people I personally know to ever record double eagles...both holed out their second shots on par 5's of over 200 yards.
Curious who've ever had one or seen one by a person they were playing with.....and was it a hole out second shot on a par 5 or a hole in one on a par 4??

I almost saw one yesterday... my friend had 250 to the pin and the ball bounced once and we thought it went in. Got up there and it had flown and landed pin high and then rolled into the rough. Really good shot..

See my sig

I went golfing on a friday after work with a co-worker, we got paired up with a father son group as well.

Had 3 witnesses and had NO idea how rare (anywhere from 1/1,000,000 to 1/6,000,000)

My dad has been an avid golfer for 40 years and has aces, but no albatross (double eagle)

i've come within inches of an ace and albatross. i pulled my drive into the dirt on a downhill par 5 and was 115 yards out and knocked a 56 degree stiff to about 2 inches or so.

Two years ago I was playing with my buddies and one of them hit his second shot about 240yds downhill with one of his woods on a par 5 and holed it out. It was so cool to watch the ball roll across the green and go in the cup.

Never had one or seen one. Closest was at Biltmore in Coral Gables, a Donald Ross design. #11 is a par 5 dogleg left. Maybe 25 years ago I hit a nice long draw off the tee in perfect position. I'm generally terrible with fairway woods but somehow a 5 wood was flush. The pin was in the back right. My ball ended up 6 inches smack behind the hole. It's perfectly level back there so it must have been agonizingly close. My playing partners couldn't believe where it ended up. We stayed there for quite a while putting balls toward the hole from the same angle and nothing wanted to finish smack behind the hole without lipping out. Both shots were with Hogan persimmon.

Was playing with 2 kids. One just had one the club championship that day. Anyway he crushed his drive way through the fairway. It was a double dog leg tho so he just had a blind shot to the green. He took out his 6 iron but we thought he was going to go in the water behind the green. He ripped it but we couldnt c where the ball went. I played out the hole and when we got to the green we couldnt find the ball. We thought it definetly had gone in the water. I go to pull the flag out and the ball is in the hole. The ball mark was about a foot from the flag. It must have slammed into the flag and went in. It was nuts.

i drove a 270 yard par 4. Ball was about 20 feet past the pin so it had a chance.

Another close one was on a par 5. Had about 230 for my 2nd shot. Hit it thin and rolled on to the green and a few feet next to the pin.

Those have been my only close chances.

Note: This thread is 4307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!