IGNORED

Long hitters, where do you practice your drives?

NBGC
Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a problem with my 8 Iron at the range... I normally hit it 265... but thats not the problem. I hit it so high it goes into outer space... I fear that it may come down over Cuba and Castro thinks Florida is attacking.

Does anyone know of a driving range with a roof on it?

13 Wedges
1 Putter

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this place is full of self conscious haters.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Level ground I've had drives that consistantly go 350-360 yrds. On an elevated tee at my home course I can drive the ball 380-390 yrds But I prefer to swing at 90% and hit the ball 300+ I'm more accurate with a 90% swing compared to a 110%. The long drive thing does'nt float my boat, shooting lower scores does though.

not really to get into this but Sean Fister suggests that there are only 5 or 6 guys in the world that can consistently hit/carry a golfball 350 yards.

Fister and Jason Zuback are two of those guys....congratulations if you are one of the other 3 or 4.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

not really to get into this but Sean Fister suggests that there are only 5 or 6 guys in the world that can consistently hit/carry a golfball 350 yards.

That's utter crap. I know a 160 lbs kid who can consistently carry 325-330 and this guy thinks there's only 5 or 6 at 350? Why, cuz they don't enter long drive competitions? Give me a break. The gps on our golf carts must be lying to us.

Further proof, here is the list of winners for one particular Remax local long drive event. This was a local event on feb 8th 2008 hosted by Remax. This was just one of many local events
Mike Moulton (Corona, CA) Distance: 369 Jeff Swihart (Jackson, MI) Distance: 365 Andrew "AJ" Evans (Iola, KS) Distance: 364 Talaga Lesa (Moccasin, AZ) Distance: 362 Nyle Pruitt (Dallas, TX) Distance: 360 Brian Coday (Honolulu, HI) Distance: 360

You can search at the following link for more local competitions. Note the open division winners

http://www.longdrivers.com/remax_local.php

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

160 lbs and consistently carrying 330?

You do realize that driving distance leader Bubba Watson's average drive is only 315.
Tiger woods' average drive? 302.

Yeah i bet this kid is carrying tiger by 30 yards...

I hope its just your GPS thats lying...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Im not totally sure, but I believe those long drive guys also us "illegal" drivers.....at least the big time ones do. I can hit it 300+ pretty regularly.....and last weekend drove the green on the #1 hole at Safari Golf Club here in Columbus, OH (course says its 360....but GPS said it was playing at 345) and its slightly downhill....I have no problem keeping it inside my local range though (Ables golf on Avery Rd.) Its about 275 to the net, which is probably about 40 or so feet high, and I can hit the net on the fly pretty routinely. To go over that thing would at least take a 400+ yard drive, with a LOT of air under it. Havent saw that happen yet.....but I wouldnt necessarily call shenanigans.

I could continue posting long drive results if you insist on continuing your denial. Hell, I'll bring my video camera out next time, roll a dice in the tee box, write the number on the ball, hit it 320+ and video picking up the ball all in one continuous shot.I suppose everyone would still revert to the 'you can't out drive tiger' argument. Hasn't it occured to anyone that maybe those guys don't go 100% because they don't need to go 100%? Because they would rather have a sufficient drive with perfect accuracy? Maybe also that 302 tiger drive stat is an average and those averages don't consider different holes, conditions, doglegs etc. Ever think of any of that? Maybe you're just jealous?

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

I just saw that comment. WOW. 160lbs and 330+ of CARRY?!?! How is this being measured? A launch monitor or something? How can you tell exactly where the ball landed? 330 with a bunch of roll, maybe......

I just saw that comment. WOW. 160lbs and 330+ of CARRY?!?! How is this being measured? A launch monitor or something? How can you tell exactly where the ball landed? 330 with a bunch of roll, maybe......

Club we play at has GPS in the carts that can measure from hole or from teebox. One of two carts in our party will go ahead and watch for landings. 5$ from each person each hole, longest drive gets the money. 2 hit, carts switch, other 2 hit.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

honestly...I'm neither here nor there on this thread but you guys shouldn't get so bent out of shape over what people post. If they're lying, let them lie. If they're telling the truth... then they're obviously getting their "vitamins" from Balco. lol

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Club we play at has GPS in the carts. One of two carts in our party will go ahead and watch for landings. 5$ from each person each hole, longest drive gets the money. 2 hit, carts switch, other 2 hit.

Not calling you a liar or anything like that.....its just hard to fathom that a 160lb person can CARRY the ball 20+ yards longer than Bubba or Tiger, with a LEGAL driver. He needs to enter those long drive comps ASAP.

Well, if you consistently hit it over 350 then why the hell aren't you on the long drive competitions. I definitely call BS on that and your 160 lb. friend that carries it over 330.

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

That's utter crap. I know a 160 lbs kid who can consistently carry 325-330 and this guy thinks there's only 5 or 6 at 350? Why, cuz they don't enter long drive competitions? Give me a break. The gps on our golf carts must be lying to us.

You do know that when they do long drive competitions they do them at the highest altitude they possibly can, have super elevated tee boxes, and also hit to super hard and tightly cut grass.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Well hot damn I better get in on some competitions then.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

No kidding, I bet you cud win with your 7 iron. I mean heck I can hit my lob wedge from 200 yards out.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

No kidding, I bet you cud win with your 7 iron. I mean heck I can hit my lob wedge from 200 yards out.

Let me know when you finish that glass of haterade and we can get back to acting like adults.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

Your telling me? You can hit driver 330 uphill

Here's what I play:

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!