IGNORED

Weird things that happen on your round...

Fraser
Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played my first round in a few years yesterday and had a couple of bizarre things happen.

On the 10th tee I took a couple of practice swings with my driver. On the second one as I finish the swing I heard an almost wince behind my left shoulder and look down an see the most beautiful butterfly lying on the tee. I decided to step on the creature to put it out of it's misery...

Then on the 15th hole as my playing partner was taking a shot I heard what sounded like a clap of thunder very nearby. A bit odd as it was bright sunshine! I look over and on the far side of the 14th hole (14 and 15 run parallel) there is a maybe 80ft tall tree and I see one side of the tree just collapse, a great hunk of vegetation and you could almost feel it as the section landed in the rough! There was no tree surgeon or anything in the area so that was a bit bizarre.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I've seen a dog pick up my playignpartners ball and put it in the hole. Well trained dog, but he picked up the wrong ball

And I have seen a tree fall before, only the top 2 feet of one but it was in a little forest type thing, and it was cool to watch a section of it diappear into more trees.

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Having spent a lot of time in the Aussie bush let me tell you that falling trees are very very common. Next time you get the chance to take a walk in the bush (or woods for you Americans ) take a look at all of the fallen trees and huge branches lying around, they had to get to the ground somehow! I'm in the RFS down here (Rural Fire Service) and when we are out fighting fires in the bush the most likely thing to kill you besides a heart attack is getting hit by a falling tree or branch, during a fire they fall a lot so we are always careful to look up all of the time and point out dangerous looking trees to eachother.

Anyway, back on topic. I have seen a lot of weird things whilst playing golf for getting on 30 years.

• I saw a grass fire rip through a paddock alongside a fairway and about 100 snakes came out in front of it and headed across the fairway we were on. The friend I was playing with was from Japan and petrified of snakes so it was quite funny to watch - and listen to.
  • I was caddying for a friend in the Australian PGA many years ago and during an early morning practice round we saw a now very well known Swedish golfer in a dam (lake) on one of the holes stark naked washing his hair. He had his towel and toiletries etc all neatly lined up on the bank.
  • I've unfortunately seen a few people drop dead of heart attacks.
  • We called up a group behind us on a par 3 once and the third person to tee off knocked it in the hole, the fourth person dumped his in the water, reloaded and knocked the next one in the hole for a par.
  • I saw a carload of nuns crash through a fence and end up in a bunker.
  • I saw a police chase - they were chasing a motorbike and the bike looked to be clearly winning.
And a whole lot more, these were probably the weirdest.

Damn Chingail!!! those are some crazy stories! good stuff

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

Oh, to add on my last post, I was attacked by a pack of squirrels for the crackers in my pocket.

These squirrels were the only ones I've seen use teamwork to get food.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

LOL yep!

I forgot to mention the time I played in a tournament down in Tasmania. It was cold, colder than it had any right to be during a golf tournament and they had 44 gallon drums sitting on bricks on a few tees and were burning wood in them so you could warm your hands a bit. It was so cold that on one hole during the first round my playing partner told me to look at a bird in a tree because he reckoned it had frozen solid. We sort of looked at it for a bit and decided that nah it was likely just having a rest and was sitting still to conserve energy. Next day the bloody thing was still sitting in the same place, hadn't moved. I swear the poor little bugger was frozen!

And a whole lot more, these were probably the weirdest.

Fantastic! The nuns made me chuckle!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I was playing a par 3 course near my house a couple years ago when I pushed a tee shot right into some pine trees. As i was preparing to punch out onto the green, i heard a loud thump a few feet away from me. I looked over to see a dead squirrel laying there...

First thing i thought was that i had hit him with my shot, but then i realized he was mostly eaten. I looked up to see a pretty good sized hawk's nest above me. Very odd...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Damn, and i thought i spent too much time on the golf course...

- How about some nutjob who swims through a aqua driving range on a regular basis.... - We have a pretty tame fox on the course who doesnt care about anything. I saw him hunt down mice and stuff and walk around with it but a couple of weeks ago someone told me he hit the jackpot and catched a HUGE carp out off one of the lakes and then it almost must have looked like it he was showing off his catch to the guys on the course walking around with it

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

one time it was a par 4 that is about 365 slightly down hill and right before the green is a creek, i hit the ball and it went wayyyy left so i hit another ball and it did the same damn thing, so i decided i wasnt losing another ball so i thought id go see if i could find it, went down do the hole it was laying on the green about 2 or 3 inches from the hole, that was NUTS 365 yards INTO the woods must have hit a tree and rocketed out of the woods cause i REALLY nailed it into the woods haha

another one didnt happen to me but a friend, we were coming around the trail that goes thru the woods to get to the back 9, and we heard this weird sound and a tree fell just small enough for the cart to jump over it and get stuck the tree was under the cart and we couldnt get the cart off of it, but we look over when we hit the tree and there was a damn beaver standing there looking at us like we were nuts, he didnt run away just stood there watching

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

ive killed some geese with low punch shots

That's nothing to be proud of.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

At our sectionals, last spring, we were playing a very hilly course with some pretty steep hills. As I was walking up my fairway I see one of my teamates and I yell at him to see how he is playing. He looks over and trips at the top of the hill and the next thing you know he is tumbling down the steepest hill on the course golf bag and everything. Funniest thing I've seen.

At an invitational meet two years ago I was in a group and a guy was walking along a pond towards the green of a par 4. Thinks it would be funny to throw a top flite at the swan with her babies. Yeah, not a smart idea. He comes close to hitting one of the babies and the mom comes running out of rough, chasing him down the fairway. The guy was yelling and screaming like a little girl.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

A good friend of mine skulled a shot low and hard and hit a totally unsuspecting ground hog in the rear end. Needless to say, this is the type of thing that typically does not happen in Ground Hog World.

My web design business

My friend sliced his drive towards a tree with a troop of monkeys residing. The largest monkey casually descended the tree, stole the golf ball, and returned to his group

Driver: KZG Gemini 10.5° Custom Build (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
7 Wood: Mizuno MP001 21° (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (3i-PW)
GW/SW/LW: Cleveland 900 Tour Action 52°/56°/60°
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
Ball: TaylorMade TP Red / Srixon Z-Star

Wife and I were in Hawaii and get seated for lunch at a restaurant overlooking a nice Par3. Local guy with his two kids are sitting about 10 yards off the back of the green near a sand trap enjoying the ocean and the weather. My wife and I are looking at each other going "WTF?"

Along comes a foursome. They try and yell the locals off but they are downwind and or get ignored. As the first guy hits his ball to the green, the locals kid chases it onto the green, does a baseball slide, one hands the ball and runs back to his dad. The golfers are looking at each other with that WTF look too. Each guy hits onto the green and watches the kid as he "slides into home plate" and snatches their balls. The golfers drive to the green and as they get out of the cart Dad walks over, calm as can be, and hands their balls back to them.. It was the most surreal thing I've ever seen on a course.
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

A bloke at my old club used to take his dog to golf. On the 8th, the dog ran into the dam to chase some ducks and started to drown, then had aheart attack. The owner stripped to his underwear, dived in and dragged the dog out. As he was performing CPR, the group behind came over the hill and thought that they were witnessing something that might be termed "inappropriate" behaviour between man and beast.

i've seen hawks fly down and catch prey in a pond ...
i've had geese fly across 100 yards of water at me straight on.
i've hit a 250 yard 3 wood over about 240 yards of water, hit the bank and see something tumble back in the water .. only to be a muskrat there staring at me saying WTF you doin?

first day of tryouts my freshman year of college we play a local public course. I get there, go to the putting green, come back .. my clubs are gone ... stolen. couldn't play so had to sit and watch the round with the coach. next day I had to use his clubs .. i'm 6'5", he's 5'7" .. i played titleist blades .. he played ping zing's .. i didn't play very well .. but still made the team. Turns out someone had asked his friend to grab his clubs .. grabbed my bag by mistake .. i got them back about a week later.

after a tournament in college .. one of the team members couldn't be found .. we were in Kentucky in a tournament and all waiting in the van at dark to go home .. aparently the team member's old girlfriend lived near there and came to see him play a round.. We found her van in the parking lot .. him in the front seat .. her head bobbing up and down in his lap. Coach shines the lights on bright .. catches him. Funniest reaction i've ever seen.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!