IGNORED

What is your routine for your irons?

Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For my driver, irons and woods, I look at my lie. Select the club. Stand about 5 feet behind it perpendicular to my target and take 3 swings continuously, each swing getting faster. Then I look at my target, find a nice spot to line up and hit it.
For putting, I approach my ball, try and find the right line by standing about 10-15 feet behind it. Take 3 strokes. The first of which is exaggerated and strong, the next two are more realistic of the speed I want. Then hit it.
If I'm having a bad day with certain clubs, then when I go to use it, I'll take my practice swings with my eyes closed trying to really get the feel of the swing.....I dunno if it helps, just routine lol.

I don't have a pre-shot routine, I don't even make a practise swing. I just hit the bal and hope for the best ... lol Maybe I should come up with one ... however, I doubt if it will make me play better

Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

A) Decide what club I need if it is a par three. I don't agonize over it I just go with my gut feeling based on how far I've been hitting my irons that day and that month. I decide whether it is better to err long or short when I'm between clubs and if it doesn't matter I almost always go with the longer club and take an easier swing since I am more likely to hit it solid and straight with that club.

B) I tee up the ball to the exact height I want it. About half a balls diameter above the ground for a long iron and just a few millimeters for a wedge or 9-iron.

C) I find my target line. I stand behind the ball, hold out my right arm with the club pointing at my intended target and then lower the club. That helps me pick out a target on the ground, say a clod of dirt or divot that is near enough to my ball that I can use it to line my body up when I address the ball.

D) I take exactly one practice swing.

E) I adjust my grip until it feels comfortable, remind myself mentally not to overswing the club, mentally tell myself that I've successfully done this same shot thousands of times and that a straight shot is the easiest one to hit, and then swing the club.

F) I watch as the ball flies on the correct arc towards the hole, lands a few feet from the flagstick and then rolls into the hole for yet another ho-hum ace.

Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!