Those fairway woods are pretty solid. I liked them a lot when I demo'd them. Just not the right time to pull the trigger.  So do you like those S55's?

I love mine. The nice thing is by summer calaway will come out with another 3 models so you will be able to get the X2 Hots for $50 or so.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a bunch of new clubs, so I figured it's time to post here: Sun Mountain Tour Series Cart Bag: PXG 0211 Driver (10.5°, Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60 shaft) Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro F2

My current set Driver 10’ and 3W 15’ Callaway XR Pro  2H Cobra Baffie 18’ 4H Benross 22’ 5-PW Mizuno JPX 919 Forged Wedges 50’ 56’ 62’ Mizuno S18 Ping Sigma Tyne H B

Lots of new stuff the past month, new bag, new irons, new wedges, new putter. Funny story with the putter, it's not mine. Buddy lent it to me in Scottsdale when I couldn't get my bags out of airport s

Posted Images

There's a fair bit of money in some of these bags for sure

About half of it is in three wedges and a putter for mine. ;-) The driver I got for free and the fairway woods I got off ebay.

Those fairway woods are pretty solid. I liked them a lot when I demo'd them. Just not the right time to pull the trigger.

So do you like those S55's?

Yeah I like the face height of those fairway woods and how they feel.  I hit @Jakester23 's 4 wood last year and was kinda blow away by it.  I like the 7 wood, because at that loft a draw is a little more natural and the 4 wood I fade.

I was a little hesitant on the s55 irons at first for fear that I could not launch the long irons.  Not the case.  I switched from the TT DG s300 shafts I had in my old i20 irons to the Ping stock stiff shaft and I love the long irons.  Plus they actually glide through the turf much better than my i20 irons.  They may be a little less forgiving than the i20s out on the toe, but I wouldn't know.  I tend to hit it towards the hosel. :-D

He already owns it

About half of it is in three wedges and a putter for mine.     The driver I got for free and the fairway woods I got off ebay.

Well have to say you got some bargains there then (free and ebay). Got a few of mine through Ebay (mainly through golf shops ebay shops for piece of mind)

You'll be after some gold plated wedges next! :-D or Honma tour clubs!

Do you use Ebay for balls?

Well have to say you got some bargains there then (free and ebay). Got a few of mine through Ebay (mainly through golf shops ebay shops for piece of mind)

You'll be after some gold plated wedges next!  or Honma tour clubs!

Do you use Ebay for balls?

Next year it is some new Hogan irons. ;-) I use lostgolfballs.com quite a bit actually. I am trying out the Nike Rzn Black balls this year.  I don't like paying $50 for 12 golf balls. :-)

Next year it is some new Hogan irons.  ;-)   I use lostgolfballs.com quite a bit actually. I am trying out the Nike Rzn Black balls this year.  I don't like paying $50 for 12 golf balls.  :-)

Neither do I... I only pay $30, I switched to the Bridgestone e6 this year, I may end up with the e7 because I need a slightly lower trajectory but it's still the same price :D

New setup for 2015... Driver: TourEdge Exotics XRail 10.5° GRAPHITE DESIGN STIFF 4-wood: TourEdge Exotics XCG3 16.5° Fujikura Motore Stiff Irons (4-PW) Tour Edge Exotics CU KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: Tour Edge Exotics Tour Proto v1.1 with DG Spinner Wedge Shafts Putter: Tour Edge Bazooka Geomax 05 35" The Joke is If Tour Edge paid their players, and I was on tour I'd have a full-line deal... (They don't make golf balls though)

• 3 weeks later...
Completely updated: I'm a Tour Edge staff player as you can see, excepting my Bridgestone Optic Orange e6 D: TourEdge Exotics XRail 10.5° GRAPHITE Design Stiff 3w: TourEdge Exotics XRail 15° GRAPHITE Design Stiff Hy(3 and 4) Tour Edge Exotics XRail 20° and 23° GRAPHITE Design Stiff Irons (4-PW, though only 5-PW is in the bag) TourEdge Exotics CU KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: TourEdge Tour Proto v1.1 52°, 56°, 60° DG Spinner Wedge Flex Putter: TourEdge Bazooka Geomax 05 35" though I'm considering adding an inch or two... Ball: 2015 Optic Orange Bridgestone e6 Tees, My Gloves, Rain Cover, etc

• 4 weeks later...
[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103591/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103592/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103593/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103594/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103595/] [/URL]

Like the one Fairway Wood, one Hybrid setup. I've gone to a four-wood, four-hybrid for my "distance" clubs. Keep it simple!

Like the four-wood & seven-wood combo!

Yeah the seven wood is probably one of my favorite clubs in the bag. I am curious to see this year on game golf what the distance discrepancy is between the two clubs.

Here's my bag.

My most recent acquisitions are the Ping G30 driver and G30 irons (4-Gap), all with regular flex shafts.  It wasn't my plan on being a Ping guy, but it just kind of worked out that way.

The other clubs are an X2 Hot Pro 3 wood, a TaylorMade Rescue 3 hybrid, a GigaGolf 4 hybrid, a Cleveland TA 800 54 degree sand wedge, a Mizuno T Zoid 60 degree wedge and an Odyssey Dual Force Rossie I putter.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/118468/] [/URL] Here's my bag. My most recent acquisitions are the Ping G30 driver and G30 irons (4-Gap), all with regular flex shafts.  It wasn't my plan on being a Ping guy, but it just kind of worked out that way.   The other clubs are an X2 Hot Pro 3 wood, a TaylorMade Rescue 3 hybrid, a GigaGolf 4 hybrid, a Cleveland TA 800 54 degree sand wedge, a Mizuno T Zoid 60 degree wedge and an Odyssey Dual Force Rossie I putter.

Interesting mix of clubs and brands. Just hit the pings and fell in love or what?

Interesting mix of clubs and brands. Just hit the pings and fell in love or what?

I tried the Ping driver at the store and liked it.  The irons I actually won in a drawing.  I never tried them before I got them, but so far I like them a lot.  Very easy to hit, even the 4 iron, which I haven't carried in a long time.