Jump to content
Laxplayer201092

WITB Photo Edition!

941 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, mvmac said:

I know the Project X makes good shafts, all depends on how it fits your launch conditions. From what I've heard they feel more "boardy" than a DG or KBS and launch the ball a little lower than a KBS Tour or CFS. You probably know this but the Project X shafts are one of the custom shafts you can order from PING at no extra cost.

Yes I saw that. I'm going to do a Ping fitting in a couple of weeks. Currently I'm playing Callaway Steelhead but I think the shaft wasn't really researched enough. I hit a few shots and although the irons 'feel' nice, I'm getting really high trajectories despite seeing divot well in front of the ball and the video showed my hands in front of the ball at impact. I was hitting my 7i 165-170 with a max distance of 176. The strike felt very solid but sounds 'clanky.' I think the XP95 shaft is too light for me. I'm not very knowledgeable with shafts but I think I would do better with something more like a PX/KBS/CFS. I'm gonna take the time to do a complete fitting at my course with Ping. Thanks for you information Mike. BTW, I really like my Callaway BB 3 hybrid and BB 3W. Both are really nice off the deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

23 hours ago, mvmac said:

Updated WITB.

Few changes. I went back to a G30 driver, previous one was a 10.5°, now using a 9°. Did some testing with my G and G30 on Trackman and for whatever reason I hit the G30 more solid and consistently more in the center of the face compared to the G. Both had the same shaft and were the same length.

Switched from the iE1 irons to the i200's, big fan of these irons. They look clean at address but have some nice forgiveness to them. PING also added some bounce so they feel great through the turf. I went with the Power Spec lofts, the stock lofts are a little weaker compared to the iE1 irons so I wanted to keep them on the "stronger" side of the spectrum and I like the gapping better. Marty Jertson also recommended I go Power Spec cause that's what he does ;-) Good news is that they still fly plenty high, bounce doesn't get screwed up or add noticeable offset at address.

Kind of up in the air on what fairway and hybrid to use. I think for the short term I'll be using the BB Alpha 816 fairway and 20° Apex hybrid. Was using the G fairway and it's works fine but I'm not in love with it. I think I screwed up with the shaft I had put in there, it's the stock blue one and the overall club feels too light.

Always looking for a good fairway wood, haven't had one that I've really liked since the TaylorMade V Steel or Callaway Steelhead III (if anyone remembers those). I might check out the M2 fairway or the Epic or re-shaft the G.

For the hybrid I was using a 4-Crossover (21°) but with my new i200 4-iron being 22° it might make sense to go to a slightly stronger hybrid. The Apex is also stupid easy to hit and launches high without ballooning. I also have a 3-Crossover that was bent to 19° but that has more of a penetrating flight.

Sticking with the same wedges and putter. Probably the longest I've ever had a putter in the bag. This B60 just fits my eye really well,

  • 9° G30, 45.25" PING Tour Stiff 65
  • 16° BB 816 Alpha, stiff stock Aldila
  • 20° Callaway Apex Hybrid, stock Kuro Kage stiff
  • i200 4-W, CFS stiff, red color code, standard length
  • Glide Wedges, CFS stiff, 50° red, 55° red, 60° purple, standard length
  • B65 Cadence TR, 34.25", Orange color code, loft is 2°
  • Snell My Tour Ball or B330Rx
  • PURE Midsize DTX green grips

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_8_14.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_10_19.54_PM.png

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet but the M1 3w seems to fit what your looking for. It's not to big of a head but isn't tiny like a tour model either. The adjustable loft is kind of cool as well.  I have no problem hitting if off the ground. Not to mention it looks really cool with the Aldila Rouge Black shaft:-D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I think the XP95 shaft is too light for me. I'm not very knowledgeable with shafts but I think I would do better with something more like a PX/KBS/CFS.

Yeah the XP95 is designed to launch the ball high.

8 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet but the M1 3w seems to fit what your looking for. It's not to big of a head but isn't tiny like a tour model either. The adjustable loft is kind of cool as well.  I have no problem hitting if off the ground. Not to mention it looks really cool with the Aldila Rouge Black shaft:-D.

Cool, I'll have to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/14/2017 at 11:29 AM, mvmac said:

Updated WITB.

Few changes. I went back to a G30 driver, previous one was a 10.5°, now using a 9°. Did some testing with my G and G30 on Trackman and for whatever reason I hit the G30 more solid and consistently more in the center of the face compared to the G. Both had the same shaft and were the same length.

Switched from the iE1 irons to the i200's, big fan of these irons. They look clean at address but have some nice forgiveness to them. PING also added some bounce so they feel great through the turf. I went with the Power Spec lofts, the stock lofts are a little weaker compared to the iE1 irons so I wanted to keep them on the "stronger" side of the spectrum and I like the gapping better. Marty Jertson also recommended I go Power Spec cause that's what he does ;-) Good news is that they still fly plenty high, bounce doesn't get screwed up or add noticeable offset at address.

Kind of up in the air on what fairway and hybrid to use. I think for the short term I'll be using the BB Alpha 816 fairway and 20° Apex hybrid. Was using the G fairway and it's works fine but I'm not in love with it. I think I screwed up with the shaft I had put in there, it's the stock blue one and the overall club feels too light.

Always looking for a good fairway wood, haven't had one that I've really liked since the TaylorMade V Steel or Callaway Steelhead III (if anyone remembers those). I might check out the M2 fairway or the Epic or re-shaft the G.

For the hybrid I was using a 4-Crossover (21°) but with my new i200 4-iron being 22° it might make sense to go to a slightly stronger hybrid. The Apex is also stupid easy to hit and launches high without ballooning. I also have a 3-Crossover that was bent to 19° but that has more of a penetrating flight.

Sticking with the same wedges and putter. Probably the longest I've ever had a putter in the bag. This B60 just fits my eye really well,

  • 9° G30, 45.25" PING Tour Stiff 65
  • 16° BB 816 Alpha, stiff stock Aldila
  • 20° Callaway Apex Hybrid, stock Kuro Kage stiff
  • i200 4-W, CFS stiff, red color code, standard length
  • Glide Wedges, CFS stiff, 50° red, 55° red, 60° purple, standard length
  • B65 Cadence TR, 34.25", Orange color code, loft is 2°
  • Snell My Tour Ball or B330Rx
  • PURE Midsize DTX green grips

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_8_14.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_10_19.54_PM.png

Few more pics.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.15.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.17.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.17.19 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...