IGNORED

Rory Mcilroy

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just watching the European masters on TV and i just thought how good is Rory Mcilroy's swing. His ball striking looks pretty decent (18 on the list of the European tour) and he looks pretty polished for an 18 year old kid. His website says he is playing Titleist 660 forged blades which I have heard are hard sticks to hit, but titleist say he is hitting the Zm blades. But regardless of what he hits, what do you guys think of him?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

man you say all of this then it turns out the kid cant make putts inside 3 feet under pressure to save his life.

In My Bag:

Driver - Tour Burner TP w/ Diamana Whiteboard 65g Stiff
3 Wood - Sumo 2 13* Stiff
5 Wood - HiBore 19* Gold StiffIrons - Tour Burner Irons 4-Aw StiffWedge - CG12 56, X-Forged 64Putters - Seemore FGP

man you say all of this then it turns out the kid cant make putts inside 3 feet under pressure to save his life.

. . .but he missed a couple short birdie putts. Other than that he's pretty good.

lazebones - Did you read only the first post?

This is the first time a lot of us ever heard of the guy. So it's likely this was his first time in a position to win (I don't know, maybe he's won before?) so those putts are a lot longer and tougher if your new in that situation for that kind of money. Ever try to make a 3 footer to break your best score ever? Try doing it for a ton of money. Especially if you never have been in that situation before.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

When you turn pro off +6 you know you can play golf.

I didn't see the missed putts but from what I have read they were more like 10 foot, not 3 foot, and besides you try holing those sort of putts when your about to win your first tour event.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

This is from the Europeantour.com website:
http://www.europeantour.com/default.sps?pageid=127&pagegid;=%7BAEFB93B0%2DEFF5%2D4C05%2DAB0F%2DFD08D947D944%7D&infosid;=3&eventid;=2008074&reportid;=63954

"McIlroy, trying to become the third-youngest winner in European Tour history, missed a five foot putt for par at the 18th that would have given him the title.

But worse was to follow as he then missed again from only about 18 inches at the second play-off hole.

It left Lucquin with two putts to win from 12 feet, but he needed only one of them for his first European Tour victory in 175 attempts."
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Yeah, the guy has a great swing and I think its only a matter of time before he gets a win. He's really, really long too. Cevaer (sp?) hit a hybrid into the 16th green and McIlroy took a 6 iron! I followed him at the Walker cup, he can really play.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

He will be the best european player ever. I followed the guy this year at the Portuguese Open, and boy he got of to a really fast start, but he couldn't keep it up. That guy is a genious. He will beat most of the european records, that is, if he works harder a little bit...

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I finished watching after Rory finished the 16th i assumed he had it in the bag, but hat pressure can do to you. I'm sure he will become a much better golfer because of it

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes you learn more from your defeats than your victories.
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Same as Geezer,first saw him in the Walker Cup,then in a pro am (Mcilroy was the am) and he was the best player out there,He WILL be contending for the top prizes in years to come.Dont forget he is just a lad.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

lazebones - Did you read only the first post?

Correct.

But you also say "this is the first time a lot of us ever heard of the guy" It's not like you have to be obsessed with the European tour to know about this player. I would be very surprised if most forum members aren't very much aware of his quality game and reputation.

He was the leading amateur in The Open Championship at Carnoustie and was ahead of Tiger for the first two rounds before finishing 42nd. He then followed that up with a top 5 in the Dunhill Links Championship to gain his European card without heading through the school. I walked around the Scottish Open with his family when he needed a top 5 finish to get into Birkdale but he just missed out. He will really make it in a couple of years when the head becomes as strong as the body and the talent.

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

• 2 months later...
*Nechro's thread*
Rory played really well at the UBS Hong Knog open. Just beaten to the post in a three way playoff with Francesco Molinari and Lin Wen-Tang. Lin Wen-Tang, who eventially won.
It was an epic playoff. I could give a blow-by-blow account, but a link might suffice.

-CLICK-
Whats in the bag:

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!