IGNORED

What's the best round you've witnessed?

Octuple Bogey
Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've shot under par in golf tournaments so I guess that was some of the best golf I've played and been a part of but the most amazing round I ever witnessed was shot by my brother about 10 years ago. We were playing our yearly match and I had normally beat him regularly for years, even though he has always been just as good if not better than me. I have basically always had the mental edge on him.

Well the day starts off like it usually did with me playing relatively conservative hitting fairways and greens while my brother was all over the place. He managed to drain a couple big putts on the front nine and when we made the turn I was +2 and he was even. We get to number 10 and he drives it deep in the woods with no shot but to chip out. I drive it down the middle and I'm thinking this is where he will begin to fade and I will take the lead on the back nine. He chips out sideways, hits his 3rd shot about 10 feet and makes the putt. I chalk it up to luck and still figure I have him on the run. On 11 he drives it deep into the woods again, chips out sideways, hits it about 12 feet and makes the putt. At this point I start to think that him beating me is destiny,,,lol! He settles down and birdies both the par 5's and he was still -2 for the day on the 18th tee. On 18 he hits his best drive of the day center cut down the middle. His approach lands about 20 feet short of the pin. At this point the match was over as I finished +4 on the day. So I was cheering for him to make the putt and break 70. Well he had one last good stroke left in his putter that day and drained the putt to shoot 69. I was pretty proud of him even though I had just been smoked by 7 shots. The incredible thing was I think he hit 3 fairways all day and maybe 8 greens in regulation but only took like 24 putts. It was something to watch.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• 7 months later...
Wow, I must really be a newb. The best round I have ever seen was like three months into playing the game, my friend shot a 78 on a 5800 yard cheap muni course. I was obviously amazed at the time, but if that's the best round I've ever witnessed, I haven't witnessed much I guess.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watched my old pro shoot a 61. It was a really good round with his driver. He usually hooks it of the planet but that day he had control & was putting it out there 360 or so off every tee. He hit it inside 10 feet all day. I must tell you that this round was broken up into a nine in the morning & then he had to handle some tournament stuff for 3 hours. We finished after that stuff was over & looked at the card. 30+31=61 crazy right. The six under on the front was most impressive.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

About 30 years ago. Me and a friend were playing Bethpage Black and a pro from Texas was teamed with us. He was in NY for a family funeral. He shot 68 that day. I am trying to remember his name, but it was recognizable back then. I believe it started with an ""O". I think his first name was Joe maybe? If I remember I will post it.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

ive seen many many amazing rounds of golf throughout the years... heck just a few weeks ago i played a round with the head mens pro, the head ladies pro of my club and the head pro of our sister course... they were all really cool about me joining and hacking it up while they killed it...
i tend to be the good luck charm to everyone i play with regardless of hcp...
but i think the very best round ive witnessed was my youngest brother...
he'd been taking lessons and was overhauling his swing for more accuracy... he was already a long baller but couldnt really expect where his ball would end up... well his new swing coach really had him dialed in... something just clicked and he went from a mid hcp to playing in the low single digits in a few weeks...
he shot a 4 under... first round ever under par...
my other brother the very same day broke 90 for the first time...
i however was in the low 90's but wasnt frustrated that day... just enjoying my brothers games was enough to take the sting out of my crappy round
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Caddied for a guy who shot 63 off the stick.
He carried two putters, a long one and a short one.
Sank everything he looked at.
I remember him saying on the 18th "One more won't hurt" and then drained the 30 footer.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I was in Orgeon for my sister's graduation a couple years ago, and my Dad and I went out for a round one day at a pretty nice semi-private course (can't remember for the life of me the name of the course). By chance we got paired up with the reigning club champ and his about 10 year old son. We all played the whites.

Playing the whites just made this course an absolute joke for the champ. He was a machine. I don't think he missed a green until the 13th hole or so. I kind of wished he would play more aggressively and go for more birdies, but he consistently chose to play with conservative course management, often hitting a long iron or wood to aim for the widest part of fairways.

In the end, I think he shot a 3-under 69 with 4 birdies and a single bogey (on the longest par 3 of the course). Could have been lower, but he just didn't make a lot of birdie putts. He was tapping in for par all day. It gave me a pretty good lesson on course management, but his game was still a little too conservative for my taste.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Played with my younger cousin and his grandfather at their home course when he was in highschool. He was on the HS team and already had the golf scholarship so I knew he was good but he torched the front. Went out in something like 30. back wasn't as good but finished at 65 or 66.

I've seen a 65, and a number of 67's and up.

65 is pretty special, but even 70 and higher a lot of times guys don't do anything jaw dropping, they just get up and down from all over the map and make a lot of putts.

But the 65 was unreal. Long putts dropping, two eagles, one from the fairway. It was the head pro at my country club that played in a few TOUR events.

I have a few friends I played HS golf with that eventually played events on tour. They would consistently shoot below par, I saw one of them shoot 29 on the front, but he blew up to a 41 or something like that on the back. One very impressive round was when we were playing a new course in Michigan. First time we'd ever seen the place, my buddy shot even par 72. Wicked fast greens he wasn't used to but he hit so many greens, got up and down constantly and made 18 pars. No mistakes. Player.

Oh one more interesting round, I was in the group behind him in an tourney but I guy I knew made 18 4's for a 72. Birdied all par 5's bogeyed all par 3's.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

i forgot to mention another round that blew me away...
i was paired up with a dad, his daughter, and his son...
the dad didnt play... so it was pretty much me... a 13-14 yr old girl and her 10-11 yr old brother... the lil boy was just screwing around... but the lil girl was killing it... hitting lasers and bombing greens... she played the tees in front of me but none the less... i was impressed with the accuracy... she was pretty much playing target practice... i didnt ask what her final score was... but i know she birdied a bunch of holes... i dont think she had a single bogey the whole round
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

not the greatest in terms of score... last year i played Whistling Straits (Straits Course) with a father and son from South Africa. the son was 10 and put up a 79. zero flaws in his game, everything was straight and on target, could putt the lights out too. i wish i remembered his name because once this kid gets some length i'm sure he'll play on the European Tour or something someday.

earlier this year i shot a 68 (not my lowest score) but with the conditions it was pretty amazing, i had a stretch on the back 9 where i was -5 on 4 holes. eagled a par 5, drive left me 230yds. hit a low 2i to 10 feet and made eagle... next hole, par 3 i nearly aced it with a 4i, kick in birdie... next hole, short par 4, i knocked a LW to 3 feet and made birdie... the following hole a medium lenght par 4 i hit a 8i to within 20 feet and made the putt for a birdie. the thing that was amazing was the fact that i was playing in a 25-30mph wind in horrible conditions... my playing partner normally shoots in the low 80s shot over 100.
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

me and my golf coach played a round a little while ago.

#1- birdie
#2- birdie
#3- birdie
#4- birdie
#5- par
#6- birdie
#7- birdie
#8- bogey
#9- par

shot a 31. Not bad. Not bad. Although i did let him have it for that bogey haha.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I played with my dad when he shot his second best score ever, 70. He hit every green in regulation but one and had, for him, a good putting round with 34 putts.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I have shot some really good scores in the last few years.... 59 twice, 60 a few times, 61 many times.. The most memorable round was an even par with 6 birdies, 6 pars, and 6 bogeys. I have done that twice.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I have shot some really good scores in the last few years.... 59 twice, 60 a few times, 61 many times.. The most memorable round was an even par with 6 birdies, 6 pars, and 6 bogeys. I have done that twice.

Holy crap! That is so awesome!

What course did you shoot 59 at? Do you play in any pro events?
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I paid money to play a mini-tour a few years ago, but the tour folded and I lost a good chunk of change. After that, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, so my golf was put on hold. Now she is all better, I'm contemplating giving the golf thing anther go.. if I can find a sponsor. I'm playing a local qualifying for the US Open next week. I hope I can put a good round together and advance to the next round. It's all about putting good on some of the fastest greens I play all year.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

In my local City Tournament in 1994, I was sitting in 3rd place alone to start the day, but 4 off the pace. I was playing in the final group however and had a first row seat to the action all day. I watched the lead change hands about 5 times that day a real slugfest. The runner up shot 68 and lost by 1, the winner shot 70, but had a 3 shot lead to start the day.

Awesome to watch and I scraped around a 77 to remain in 3rd. One of my better tournaments and played in front of a large gallery 300-400 people. I was only 17 and shaking in my shoes all day.

The most impressive round ive seen is a 65 my teaching pro shot. It was very tidy, he didnt miss a green in reg the entire round. Ive shot in the 60's twice and also have a -1 70 to my credit, but i have yet to duplicate the kind of efficiency i saw from him that round.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!