Sign in to follow this  
titaniummd

What are your keys for the shorter putts?

Note: This thread is 4052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 posts / 12264 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I just try and rock my shoulders smoothly to eliminate any unwanted wrist action from my stroke. I also line up the putt out of the corner of my eyes within any distance that I can see the hole from my peripherial vision.

I can't help you with reading a putt... that's more art than science, and something that everyone has just learn by doing it.

As far as the stroke is concerned, for short putts I focus on seeing the ball. I exaggerate the delay after the stroke before I look up at the hole to ensure that I haven't peeked. And I make a slightly extended follow-through to help keep the putter on the line all the way through the stroke.

But the biggest aid for me with short putts is my putter. The ball doesn't "jump" off the face as hard as it does with every other putter I've used, so I can make a more aggressive stroke on short putts without ramming the ball through the break and right on past the hole. This has added more to my confidence level on short putts than anything else I've ever done. It took some getting used to at first, but now I wouldn't trade this putter for all the Scotty's on this board.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!