IGNORED

Tony Kornheiser on MNF

Harry Longshanks
Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kornheiser made Diet Coke come out of my nose yesterday.
In reviewing the Rays win over the Red Sox, the first thing Tony had to say was this:
"Joe Maddon, with those glasses, looks like a cross between Drew Carey's dad and Uncle Junior from the Sopranos"

That's funny.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

OK...gonna have to resurrect this thread.

Watched the Jets-Chargers game last night and I think I'm gonna have to retract my previous statement. Kornheiser does make some good comments and observations. I guess I just noticed that he tends to keep things 'real' (for lack of a better phrase). For example, last night - the other commentators kept pounding the notion that it'll take time for Brett to jive with the Jet receivers and whatnot and that the Jet executives knew this and the fans knew this and expect this to happen...so Kornheiser eventually blurts out something along the lines of 'Why wait? The man is gonna be 39 soon - how long do they have to wait and how many games do they have to lose to start winning games with him?' I know its common sense, but I guess he plays a good devils advocate. He kept the comment going with something along the lines of 'Man, I wonder if Brett is second guessing his comeback...having to deal with Jersey traffic...he could be at home watching right now!'

So yeah, I changed my mind on Kornheiser - he's cool in my book

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Forget Kornheiser, get rid of Jaws! "Blah blah blah when I used to be a holder blah blah blah &c.;" I can't stand him. Gotta say though, Kornheiser is much better on PTI than on MNF. He just seems to be trying too hard when he's in the booth.

I like PTI the two are very funny its a love hate relationship between them. I really dont mind Tony on MNF he occasionally makes me laugh its the the other guys who are annoying to me.

In my bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 10* N
Fairway wood: Big Bertha Diablo 15*N
Irons:Big Bertha 06' (3-PW)
Wedge: Sandwedge 56*Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot XG#1Ball: Big Bertha Diablo , HX Hot Bite, Warbird

I like Kornheiser, like him better on PTI, but he is good on MNF. Anybody but Cris Collinsworth. I absolutely hate that guy. Drives me nuts. My favorite MNF booth was Gifford, Michaels, and Dierdorf. For some reason, they just seemed to work for me. I still like Madden, but he was much better when he was with Summerall I think.

In my Vector
Driver:
Hybrids: 3DX RC #3IW and #4IW
Irons: 3DX RC 5-PW
Wedges: SW from my old setPutter: $15 from Wal-Mart (works for me!)Ball: Currently trying out E6

I don't mind him that much. He has some funny lines here and there...what irks you about him most?

He is not knowledgeable. He is a little too sharp on his criticisms of teams in baseball and football. If he knows anything about sports..it is not visibly apparent to me. He just rubs me the wrong way! It seems as if while he is sitting in the booth with the jocks..he is the nerd that sits in on a conversation and offers quips of his own that are so far out there that everyone just sits there, listens and shakes their heads.

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

Tony Kornheiser is TERRIBLE, but what about Ron Jawarski's quote that almost made me die laughing this past Monday night...

"The only way to stop Brian Westbrook is to get good penetration,
and grab him around the ankles"

What?

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Tony Kornheiser is TERRIBLE, but what about Ron Jawarski's quote that almost made me die laughing this past Monday night...

If you could see me laughing my head off!! That was funny!!

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!