IGNORED

End of the golf season - what do you do in winter?

Kevin04
Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is my first American winter with the golf clubs, I wonder what I'm going to do! (I'm not far from Washington)

I used to enjoy the year round golf back in England, the club where I was a member didn't have winter greens or tees (thank the lord!) and it was interesting playing in the autumn/winter/spring time. Just don a proper sweater and have the umbrella in the bag.

My wife and I like to travel so we might fly down to Florida or South Carolina to hit some balls in the new year...though I don't really call Florida 'travel'!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I play more golf. Live in FL....

Yep...it's tough going here in Florida in the winter. The grass turns a little brown and believe it or not...there are times that it gets down in the 30's. Mostly however...a long sleeve shirt and a sweater will suffice...while the palm trees gently sway in the background with the waves lapping up on the shore making a peaceful calming tone are the horrible things that us Floridians have to deal with. Gee...I wish I was up north trapped in my home with 10' of snow at the door. Oh well...guess I'll go hit a round while it's still warm. Those 70 degree days are tough on us as golfers.

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

Ride my snowmobile as much as I can. It's my main obsession. Praying for snow from October to April.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What's winter? :D

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

floridian here and i love it fall and winter..... its more comfortable to me when its really cool outside..... think of it this way..... you can always make your self warm put a sweater or long pants on...... in the summer you cant make your self cool...... the heat bothers me

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Snowboarding
Drinking beer
Snowboarding while drinking beer
Heated tee's or head to the dome to keep my swing working
Working 7-6 Monday - Thursday
DRIVER - SQ Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3 WOOD - Wrath 15*
HYBRIDS - Wrath 3I 18*/4I 21*
IRONS - Wrath 5-PW
WEDGE - 60*PUTTER - Callie 35"BALL - Juice 312 #4's

Well, if this year is anything like last, I just don the rain gear and keep on playing

EXACTLY! Up here in the Pacific NW (Seattle area for me), we golf year round, just like the guys in Florida. Except it is 50 and drizzly. But we still golf! (OK, it isn't much like Florida at all; still, the courses are open).

- sunglasses not required. - Frank

EXACTLY! Up here in the Pacific NW (Seattle area for me), we golf year round, just like the guys in Florida. Except it is 50 and drizzly. But we still golf! (OK, it isn't much like Florida at all; still, the courses are open).

I am in Myrtle Beach and end of Jan Feb and Mar are in the 40s and 50s, wet and windy, but you can still play. Not quite like south Florida, south Cal or Arizona. By March 20 or so, its golf season.

I play golf. I have to switch to long pants and maybe long sleeve shirts or a pull over but we still play. I tell you though we had the largest snow storm in history two years ago and the course was closed for 3 weeks!!!! Jeex for 21 days we had to get in our car and drive 45 minutes south to another course that really stunk!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play golf. I have to switch to long pants and maybe long sleeve shirts or a pull over but we still play. I tell you though we had the largest snow storm in history two years ago and the course was closed for 3 weeks!!!! Jeex for 21 days we had to get in our car and drive 45 minutes south to another course that really stunk!

The things we do for this sport.

I live in NY but as long as it's not in the teens and there is no snow on the ground, I'll be out on the course. Plus, no one is out there and I can get a round in about 2-2:30 hours.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

no snow and in the high 40's/50's i'm playing

but i travel a lot so i'll play 2 - 4 times in a month depending on where the schedule takes me.

Herb, i'm gone till the 3rd week of October...can you get up then?
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!