IGNORED

I can't wait to get my license!

justinmill14
Note: This thread is 5669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dent-

You can have as many passengers at any age as long as their is enough seatbelts, Only thing is you can't have more than 1 passenger after 3 am. That is my only restriction.

My passengers can be any age.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Here in Tennessee at age 16, you are aloud to only have one other person into the car unless they are a sibling or there is obviously an adult in the car.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

i still dont get why you get free money, care to explain?

Read here for that answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Permanent_Fund I am trying to figure out a way to be a citizen and collect this without having to live there. :) Not to derail the thread but... What's golfing like in Alaska ? Play by 'winter rules' much ?

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Well i was on Autotrader.ca today and browsing around for a car, when I just posted a WTB kind of post to dealers in the area, not expecting to get any replies, I just posted it up and said I prefer email only.

A dealer actually called me today and I played along and actually got into the fact that I was interested in buying a car, so we discussed it and now I'm in a bind here.

I don't know what to do, I'm ready to get a car, but my parents wont let me.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well i was on Autotrader.ca today and browsing around for a car, when I just posted a WTB kind of post to dealers in the area, not expecting to get any replies, I just posted it up and said I prefer email only.

I mean

all the best, this is not an insult, but I doubt you have the credit to get a car without your parents to cosign. You need more than just a paying job. I bought my first car (that I would pay for myself) last year in August, I was 23, flawless credit card and renter's credit although only a little bit of each, and I still needed my parents to help me get the loan. (And a great loan it is )

I mean

Oh of Course! haha I'm not that dumb, my parents would cosign for me as well. If not, my sister would. I feel I can afford the payments though, anything $200/month is manageable for me.

In My Bag

Only question I have for you is who's paying for the insurance and the gas? One of our rules was no car til you can pay for both. Until then, we could borrow the car to get to work and pay for gas when we could. They took care of the insurance until we got our own car. We were lucky in the fact our mom took the bus to work downtown. We just had to drop her off and be there to pick her up!

If your parents won't let you, I guess you're SOL, unless it's for the reason above. Sucks when you have to live under someone else's rules! Look on the bright side . . . you still have golf!

(I was getting ready to post this when I noticed Julie mentioned something about credit. Good call, Julie. I bought my first car with cash, I didn't think of him having to get a loan.)
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Only question I have for you is who's paying for the insurance and the gas? One of our rules was no car til you can pay for both. Until then, we could borrow the car to get to work and pay for gas when we could. They took care of the insurance until we got our own car. We were lucky in the fact our mom took the bus to work downtown. We just had to drop her off and be there to pick her up!

You make a good point, but in that concept If I'm paying for the whole car, I would atleast

try (keyword try) to cut a deal with my parents about insurance. I guess I'll let everything fall into place on its own, but it really sucks because I know I'll never be able to use their vehicles.
In My Bag

Well good luck Dent, if anyone can schmooze their folks into changing their minds, for some reason I believe you can! Maybe you can wait til you have some more saved up and pay cash - - - We paid $1,000 for my wifes '01 Ford F150 4wd and haven't had any trouble with it. Of course I got a helluva deal because it was a company truck we were getting rid of, I am in charge of the fleet and the boss likes me. Deals are out there, you just gotta find them or wait for them to fall into your lap. Might have to set you sights a little lower for your first car, I'm sure a lot of us did (I know I did!).
My Equipment:

You are completely right, I already am giving up hopes of getting a nice good car for my first. I mean I just don't know what price range to look in. I don't know if I'm on the right track, but at first I was looking at anything under 10,000, but now I've narrowed it down to inbetween 8,000 and lower.
In My Bag

Read here for that answer.

You MUST live in Alaska to get the dividend, there is no way around it.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I feel so unlucky. Dent gets to drive by himself at 16 and we have to be 17! Had a lesson today actually and completely phased out near the end and almost got hit by another car. Dumbest thing I have ever done

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I feel so unlucky. Dent gets to drive by himself at 16 and we have to be 17! Had a lesson today actually and completely phased out near the end and almost got hit by another car. Dumbest thing I have ever done

I have almost been in a wreck, but it wasn't my fault. I had a left turn signal, and a guy was about to run a red light, but he saw me and slammed the brakes. And FYI I can drive by myself at 16 as well.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I go for my test in April so its a while away, but I can't wait. It sucks when your parents have to give you rides to places all the time. Then when I have a date they give me the run down on what to do and what not to do. It's so awkward.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Then when I have a date they give me the run down on what to do and what not to do. It's so awkward.

HAHA, my dear, I'm 24, and they still do that...that one doesn't go away!

I had my own little protest about my parents giving me rides...when I was in high school I scored an animal husbandry internship at an aquarium. I cut up so many dead fish for meals I bet I can still shear a shrimp in .08 seconds. They LOVED picking me up every day from that job for the 20 minute ride home.

I have almost been in a wreck, but it wasn't my fault. I had a left turn signal, and a guy was about to run a red light, but he saw me and slammed the brakes. And FYI I can drive by myself at 16 as well.

You'll see as you get more experience behind the wheel (and it won't happen for quite a few years, that you'll begin to anticipate things that you don't right now. The way I take your story is that you were in the middle of your turn and if the guy hadn't slammed on his brakes he would have hit you. After a while you'll think about that before you make the turn and not have to rely on them to stop. Beware. People run lights all the time. You were lucky.

My Equipment:

You'll see as you get more experience behind the wheel (and it won't happen for quite a few years, that you'll begin to anticipate things that you don't right now. The way I take your story is that you were in the middle of your turn and if the guy hadn't slammed on his brakes he would have hit you. After a while you'll think about that before you make the turn and not have to rely on them to stop. Beware. People run lights all the time. You were lucky.

Ya i was going to

During my driving instruction. I was riding through china town, and the stop lights are so close together, I never saw the close one (which was red) but only saw the far one (which was green) and just kept on strolling. good thing the passenger side had brakes
In My Bag

Note: This thread is 5669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!