IGNORED

Ryder Cup Results Thread -CONTAINS SPOILERS

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just heard that Faldo is benching Sergio and Lee Westwood for tomorrow's opening round.

Poor Oliver? Doesn't bug me.

I think Faldo's off his rocker. I'm sticking to my guns on this one, but the results are on my side.

Yeah, that's what I figured (I was never closer than about two hours behind live watching coverage today), but it's still annoying. I wonder how much longer they plan to show this Viking crap.

Hahaha, feel like you're watching the Nationwide Tour ehhh?

Oh yeah Lluie, Faldo pulling Serg is a head scratcher!!
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: I deleted my original post when I realized there was a whole thread on Saturday's pairings.

No matter, my point is made and stands.

Oh yeah Lluie, Faldo pulling Serg is a head scratcher!!

(Missed an L.) I know! He claims he wants "fresh legs." Um, Nick?...

Phil and Kim celebrated way to early,... they lost their focus,...

They had that blow up hole on 7 or 8, can't remember. Ever since then, it was downhill from there.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• Administrator
They had that blow up hole on 7 or 8, can't remember. Ever since then, it was downhill from there.

Phuckup Phil does it again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Sergio just had an aneurysm on the eighth hole. At least that's what I remembered a burst blood vessel sounding like. Stricker matched his birdie putt, but Garcia just woke up, and the Stricker/Curtis pairing had better be prepared for him on the back nine.

Southern Hospitality got away with one on the ninth. Boo and J.B. both missed short birdie putts, then watched Hansen miss his from even closer. Westwood and Hansen are 2 down heading into the gauntlet.

Has anyone not used the island fairway on the seventh this weekend?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Southern Hospitality picks up the first point of the afternoon, 2&1, breaking Lee Westwood's 12-match unbeaten streak. The Swedes just squared their match with Mickelson and Mahan in part to the latters lip-out of a short birdie putt to halve at 13. Curtis and Stricker are tied with Garcia and Casey with three to go, and Poulter/McDowell are holding onto a one-hole lead by a thread over Perry/Furyk. The matches still on the course are too close to call.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The outcome of key putts on 18 have turned this toward the USA. Europe has missed at least 3 putts in the 10-18 foot range on 18 that would have meant an additional half point, Harrington and McDowell on Friday and Karlsson today. Then today Stricker steals a half point for the USA with the clutch uphill birdie putt from the fringe on 18.

I was rooting for 8.5 to 7.5 heading into Sunday. That would have meant both sides needed at least a split of the 12 available points. Now the USA can win with 5.5 while Europe needs 7.

• Administrator
The outcome of key putts on 18 have turned this toward the USA. Europe has missed at least 3 putts in the 10-18 foot range on 18 that would have meant an additional half point, Harrington and McDowell on Friday and Karlsson today. Then today Stricker steals a half point for the USA with the clutch uphill birdie putt from the fringe on 18.

And Leonard missed one. So did Furyk.

I don't think the 18th has gone the U.S.'s way this Ryder Cup. They came to the 18th winning a few matches that resulted in halves, sometimes after one or both players splashed down. The 7th hasn't gone for the U.S. either. I've never seen so many balls in the water or so many balls hit left of a 30-yard-wide fairway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!