IGNORED

Baseball Playoff Talk

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Given your "homey" status - you must see the Angels sweeping, right?

Homey status? I'm sorry - no comprende holmes.

Uhhhh, as for the Angels sweeping the sox, i doubt it. The Sox are too good for that to happen. Though I've seen crazy things happen in baseball before

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen crazy things happen in baseball before

Like Tampa coming outta no where to spank the Red Sox and Yanks for the AL East title. It was like watching Groundhog Day this season.

Hopefully, that all ends this round. homey = homer (no hablo espanol, amigo)

Wait a minute here . . . who are the Royals playing?

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

It's going to be the White Sox and Angels. Papi has not been Papi, this year. And for all of Manny's criticisms, there is one undisputable fact. Come playoff time, no one can rake like Manny. They are going to miss him. The question marks about Beckett (another playoff monster) make it tough to pick the Redsox.

I'd really love to see a former Yankee manager guide his storied franchised team to a WS. That would make me really happy. Go Cubs. What, you thought I meant Joe Torre and the Dodgers?

Cubs vs Angels in the WS.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

It's going to be the White Sox and Angels. Papi has not been Papi, this year. And for all of Manny's criticisms, there is one undisputable fact. Come playoff time, no one can rake like Manny. They are going to miss him. The question marks about Beckett (another playoff monster) make it tough to pick the Redsox.

Not a day goes by where you don't hear the radio sports shows discussing Pre- and Post-Manny, and the impact on the BoSox (both the good and bad). Can't argue that his offsensive stats will be tough to fill from the rest of the team, although Jason Bay is no slouch (but also no Manny). Having Ortiz / Manny as your #'s 3 & 4 made it so hard on opposing pitchers, and that will be a soft spot going into the playoffs.

Speaking of J-Bay, do you think he's excited about playing in his first playoff game? Check out this pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15826539@N04/2904826319/

I think one of the best parts about us getting Manny was that we gave a up a 3b prospect that was always hurt and were not touching his salary. That and he really did lift this lifeless team. I dont think the Dodgers have enough to go all the way this year, but if we sign Manny it will be the start of a good run.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Not a day goes by where you don't hear the radio sports shows discussing Pre- and Post-Manny, and the impact on the BoSox (both the good and bad). Can't argue that his offsensive stats will be tough to fill from the rest of the team, although Jason Bay is no slouch (but also no Manny). Having Ortiz / Manny as your #'s 3 & 4 made it so hard on opposing pitchers, and that will be a soft spot going into the playoffs.

Perhaps a little too excited!

Anyway, Hamels through a hell of a game. They shoulda kept him in, he had plenty left in him. Lidge wasn't looking too hot.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well well - Jason Bay's postseason premiere - not bad

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I think one of the best parts about us getting Manny was that we gave a up a 3b prospect that was always hurt and were not touching his salary. That and he really did lift this lifeless team. I dont think the Dodgers have enough to go all the way this year, but if we sign Manny it will be the start of a good run.

Good luck to you Gasman! If/when Manny signs with LA all the goodwill bs he's been doing will stop and then you get to deal with all the crap we did from him. He's one of the best right handed hitters of all time and certainly helped us get over the top but I can't say I miss him. How 'bout them Red Sox!!!!!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

You gotta love all the Yankees fans trying to will the win to the Angels. lol.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Good luck to you Gasman! If/when Manny signs with LA all the goodwill bs he's been doing will stop and then you get to deal with all the crap we did from him. He's one of the best right handed hitters of all time and certainly helped us get over the top but I can't say I miss him. How 'bout them Red Sox!!!!!

I know what your talking about, but I get a feeling we are not going to sign him next year. I mean the city is going crazy for him but we still owe Jones 18 mil and Pierre 10 mil next year and there is no way they wont start Kemp and Ethier. The one thing I will say is, even though he lagged it out in Boston, he made Ortiz such a better hitter, I mean he has transformed the Dodger line up into a offensive force and we were bad.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

You gotta love all the Yankees fans trying to will the win to the Angels. lol.

You assume that once the Yankees season is over that their fans give a rat's ass about any other team.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

You gotta love all the Yankees fans trying to will the win to the Angels. lol...

Actually - If I had to choose, I'd want the Rays to win.

Man, 'whoulda thunk' that the MLB DS would quickly turn into possible across the board sweeps? Not jinxing it, but it's possible (ok, I am jinxing it)

And, Jason Bay and Manny Ramirez are tied with 2 HR's each after 2 games!

Play Ball!

Although it would seem to benefit my Dodgers, I dont like the short 5 game series. It just doesnt seem like baseball.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW

Red Sox fans cannot complain about the Yankees payroll, anymore. I mean, your team has a $258 million payroll. After all, you guys own the Angels, too.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Red Sox fans cannot complain about the Yankees payroll, anymore. I mean, your team has a $258 million payroll. After all, you guys own the Angels, too.

I haven't heard anyone complaining about payrolls, considering that the BoSox had the fourth highest payroll in MLB for 2008 (behind the two NY teams and Detroit). Perhaps I missed a post where this was mentioned...

You must me talking about payroll discussions in general. It's obvious that the BoSox are in the top 20% of this category, so this is moot. I do think that the Yankees did the right thing by keeping Cashman, and did the wrong thing by not being fair to Torre (Girardi's not the answer).

Note: This thread is 5648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!