IGNORED

Are Titleist Pro V-1's worth the price?

Note: This thread is 5633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you know why the price dropped? I work at a Sports Authority, but none of us seem to know.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know why the price dropped? I work at a Sports Authority, but none of us seem to know.

Every other company seems to drop prices once next years model comes out, I have not golfed long enough to say whether or not titleist has dropped ball prices in the past. With the current economic conditions - all golf related companies have taken a beating - this could also be a result of that.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been buying Pro V1 "PRACTICE" from Golf Discount for $25.00 a dozen. At that price I think they're totally worth it even for a beginner like me. Even though I can't spin a ball back, I do notice these stop on the green WAY sooner (sometimes immediately) than the Nike Powerflight (any of them) and the NXT Extreme/Tour. Since the practice balls are the same $$ as the NXT and they're considered "conforming" I think it's a pretty good deal if you don't mind a big ol' PRACTICE yelling up at you...

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Also, none of these packages of Pro V1's have the red or black sticker on them that says they were manufactured after September, so does this mean once the new year hits, they won't be marketable?

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

yes. Very good ball

Driver:Taylormade Burner 9.5
Fairway: Titleist 906f4 15.5 Aldila Vs Proto stiff
Irons: Mizuno mx-23 3-pw
Wedges:Cleveland CG14 black pearl 52,58
Putter":Taylormade Rossa MonzaBall: Bridgestone E6+Bag: Ogio Ozone 2007

They are worth the money. I play whatever high end ball I can get a deal on and when I buy I usually get 2 or 3 dozen which lasts me for months. Right now you can buy Calloway HXtour 56 balls for cheap and they are every bit as good as ProV1s. Another I have found for cheap that performs very well is the Nike TA2Spin. Distance is not an issue for me my main buying criteria for balls is spin and stopping power with approach shots. I buy the balls that spin the most for my money.

If I were beginning golf I would buy the least expensive golf balls that I could find.... Precept lady ball is under $8 and Costco sells a version of the Titleist ball, 2 dozen for $29.99.

As a beginner the Prov-1 are not worth the money.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!