IGNORED

Is everyone who is eligible to vote, registered to vote?

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, but Republicans had majority control of congress from 94 to 2006 and the last eight years of the presidency. On balance, I'd say the GOP has had the bigger stick for at least the past 12 years. And they have successfully prevented the Democratic majority from achieving anything meaningful over the past 18 months by record-setting use of the fillibuster.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

/emoticons/smile.png" title="Smile"/>

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Don't know your family. They may be very forgiving.

I'm not even sure that most of my family votes Democrat. I know for sure that my grandma always voted Republican.

I was related to a former State Speaker of the House. His name was Vern Riffe. He is the longest serving Speaker of the House in Ohio. He served as Speaker for 20 years. He was from Portsmouth (Southern Ohio). When you enter Scioto County there's a sign that says "Welcome to Vern Riffe Country". Sadly he passed away before I could meet him. He snuck out of my grandpa's funeral too fast and I wasn't able to talk to him. Since I was only 15 when he passed I had to rely on my parents to take me places and our schedules never worked out.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

There are a few things on this thread that bother me a bit. The simple act of voting should be a stepping stone to more Civic involvement. This is not a one day event but a personal responsibility to actively take part (and remain active) in the political direction of our country.

Through our neighborhood association we have changed many things to fit the needs of the majority on a local, city and state level. We have not needed to do much on the national level however, we do have ideas on who we would prefer for president based on how they will allocate funds on the state level which most effects us.

Secondly, registering for a party at least in Wisconsin does not limit your ability to vote for any canididate that you wish. Here you show your ID, they check you off in the book and give you a ballot. In no way is the ballot linked back to you after you cast your vote. (I would go so far as to say this is a national law, but I am not 100% sure.) So if you are registered Democrat, you can still vote Republican or which ever other way you want without reprocussions (other than perhaps your own concious)

Finally, if you are a wisconsin resident you don't need to register prior to election day. You can bring a bill with your address and a photo ID and they will have you fill out the form right there. (Again, I would be suprised if this is not the case for most states)

Ok, Hats in!

-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

for many of us in Massachusetts we don't even bother because our vote doesnt matter... there isnt a chance in hell Massachusetts will go red...

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I live in Texas. No chance the state is going any color but red. So why vote? Cause I want them to count my vote...I want to go down on record as being another person for or against the choice that is made. It will matter when decisions are made concerning war and peace. If the machines fail and they count by hand, I want my vote to be another in the pile. If it goes to the Supreme Court or the Electoral College comes under fire, I want to be another digit they have to consider. And every time it's recorded in the media or the history books that XXX,XXX,XX1 people voted, I plan to be one of those numbers. I'll be counted into the female category, the under 25 category, the employed category, the college graduate category, and on and on, and that number will mean something when legislative decisions are being made.

Ferguson's right, it is our duty to vote. And what does it take anyway, a whole 10 freaking minutes out of your day? It takes me that long to wait for my order at the drive through, and three times longer to absorb a Simpsons episode for the 8th time.

So that's what I think. Unfurl American flag, hum "Battle Hymn of the Republic," do as you will, I'll be in the booth.

Julie -

Great post. People may say that's a bunch of crap but I think it's great. I'm with you . . . I'll never "not vote."
My Equipment:

I'm registered. I swear to God I would never vote for the other guy, so don't even try. You might as well try to get me to change my religion or sex. Who is my candidate? Who cares. Just get out there. If my guy wins that's all I could ever want. If he doesn't, I have a free pass to bitch for 4 years. Isn't that awesome! I mean this from the bottom of my heart....I LOVE AMERICA, both the good and the bad.

What if I offered you a free golf trip to Ireland the day of the election?

OK . . . LOL But can we make it England? And I need it to be for two!

Please contact me for mailing info!
My Equipment:

I live in Texas. No chance the state is going any color but red. So why vote? Cause I want them to count my vote...I want to go down on record as being another person for or against the choice that is made. It will matter when decisions are made concerning war and peace. If the machines fail and they count by hand, I want my vote to be another in the pile. If it goes to the Supreme Court or the Electoral College comes under fire, I want to be another digit they have to consider. And every time it's recorded in the media or the history books that XXX,XXX,XX1 people voted, I plan to be one of those numbers. I'll be counted into the female category, the under 25 category, the employed category, the college graduate category, and on and on, and that number will mean something when legislative decisions are being made.

Julie, you win the prize in my book for best post ever on this board

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Note: This thread is 5666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!