IGNORED

Best irons for a 10 handicap

Note: This thread is 5584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey I'm a 14 year old 10 handicap and I'm looking to invest in a new set of irons. Any suggestions?

Driver: Cleveland Hibore 10.5 Aldila NV
Woods: Cleveland Launcher 3+5 wood Factory shaft
Hybrid: Cleveland Halo 22 degree factory shaft
Irons: Taylormade Supersteel 3-pw rifle shafts
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56+60
Putter: Never Compromise GM2-HM

Driver: Cobra s9-1 F Speed 9.5
FW: Cobra s9-1 F Speed 15
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWS 20
Irons: Taylormade Supersteel 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52 56Putter: Nike Method 001Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-RXBag: Ogio Grom

Hey I'm a 14 year old 10 handicap and I'm looking to invest in a new set of irons. Any suggestions?

Are you a a good ball striker? Do you need some forgiveness? Are you looking for a workable set or no? Do you need a higher ball flight? Lower? We need more information to help you in your question for new sticks.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I Hit the ball high and I'm a pretty good ball striker .I want something a little more workable.

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52 56Putter: Nike Method 001Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-RXBag: Ogio Grom

I Hit the ball high and I'm a pretty good ball striker .I want something a little more workable.

Okay maybe try a set with a small cavity or if you want a blade. If you want a small cavity I would suggest the Cleveland CG Red's, Titleist AP2's, or MacGregor MT Pro's. If you want blades try the Cleveland CG Tour's, Titleist ZM's, Nike Forged Blades. But one thing I would like to say is you should get over to a store and hit a bunch of irons and pick the ones that you like the most, and also get fitted for at-least the shaft flex.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

thanks i am leaning towards the cg reds but i want to see what i hit the best

If you really like Cleveland and are in the market for a slightly used set, I'd consider the Cleveland CG2. These are small cavities and they are very workable. I don't really try to work mine much (mainly high,low and the occasional hard draw), but they have very little offset and an extremely soft feel - even with DG Gold shafts. They definately have a players' look at address. You could get a great deal on these if you could find a good used set. I've never hit the CG Reds but I'm guessing they would be about the same club in the newer lineup.

At 14, and without knowing any of your financial concerns if any, i would highly recommend a very good used set vs. new. You can save yourself $200+ and get a very good quality set. Really try to find a good store or proshop and try as many as you can. This will give you a good feel for what is out there. Good Luck!

Cobra L5V - Just waiting for the ZL to have a lower price
Cobra F Speed 2006 3 wood - very underrated 3 wood
Adams Pro Idea 3H and 4H

Taylormade Burner XD 4-AW
Cleveland 48*, 52*, and 60*

Odyssey F7 2 Ball

Any other opinions?

Any other opinions?

From what I've been reading in this forum and everywhere else on the net, the Mizuno MP-57's have that playability, but also forgiveness.

I tried them in the store and they are amazing. My neighbor plays the MP-60s and he's about a 2. Mizuno also came out with the MP-52s which maybe worth taking a look at. But if you want to work the ball more, MP-57s. e

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

Taylor Made r-7 or MP-57's if you have money that is... If you REALLY want to work your irons, find a good set of MP-33's on ebay. $250 tops. sweetest blades ever made...

In Bag:

Driver:909D2 8.5 Voodoo
Fairway:909F2 15.5 Voodoo
Hybrid idea pro 20*Irons: MP-57 3-PW Proj x 6.0Wedges: CG12 54* & 58* 2 dotPutter: Studio Select Fastback 1Ball: Pro V1Rangefinder: LR800

I had to get new irons as an 11 handicap as a 15 year old (my Seve Slazenger's hand-me-downs were snapping in 2!) - I considered blades and could sorta hit them but some good advice was given to me - If you're going to come down in the handicap stakes - get something middle of the road first, and if you get to 5 handicap, try blades if you want. Others will disagree but I took that advice and it was the best way to lose shots for me.

Anyway - I'd be looking at AP2's, MP62/57, Ping i10, CG Reds, TM R7TP - boardering on players irons but room for forgiveness. When you get halfway to scratch, maybe go for a players iron or blade (but remember you don't have to!)

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

This year I purchased the Bridgstone J33's and love them. Awesome irons at a good price

-----------------
Driver: Ping G20 10.5
4 wood: Ping G20 16.5
Hybrid: Ping I20 23

5-P: Cleveland CG16 tour

Wedge: Cleveland Cg16 56

Putter: Cleveland classic

Ball: Top Flite D2 feel

I'd second the cg2's. Tgw is selling them new at a pretty good price.

909 D2 8.5° Fubuki Tour 73x
975f 14.5° DG R300
909H 19° AXIVCore Tour Red 85x
690.mb 3-pw DG S300
Z TP 52° and 56° Studio Select Newport 2 34"

• 2 months later...
Thanks. Any other suggestions?

You could go with ZM, mp-67, or mp-33 if you want a blade or if you want more forgiveness try mp-57, mp-60, mp-52, mp-62, ZBs, or ap2s. Hope this helps good luck.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I would take a look at the Mizuno MX 200's

DRIVER: 905r 8.5 UST V2 75 X
3 WOOD: 906f2 15 UST 85 X
HYBRID/IRON: Rapture Hybrid/3 Iron
IRONS: MX 200 Dynamic Gold X100
WEDGES: 52, 56, 60 600PUTTER: Geurin Rife Two Bar BALLS: Pro V1xGLOVE: SoftjoySHOES: Reelfit "Do those pump up?"BAG: Sun Mountain

Note: This thread is 5584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!