IGNORED

Justin Timberlake on Golf Digest Cover

JYB
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

this thread is fantastic. everyone has helped to prove my own personal theory that golfers' are totally out of it. good job.

this thread is fantastic. everyone has helped to prove my own personal theory that

You do realize that the above statement includes yourself, don't you?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Administrator
this thread is fantastic. everyone has helped to prove my own personal theory that golfers' are totally out of it. good job.

Oh bull. Your own stupid theory was shot down so now you're trying to act as if you were secretly looking to prove something else? Get real.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly, if he's doing some good for the game, I fail to see why you're getting your panties up in a bunch about him being on the cover of a magazine. I also read the article, and it has a lot to do with golf, so I don't understand why you're being such a snide jackass about the whole thing.

-Rich

I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said so far.

However, it's been mentioned a couple of times already and I'll repeat it:

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE IS HOSTING A PGA EVENT LESS THAN ONE WEEK FROM TODAY.

http://www.jtshrinersopen.com/

That was the main reason he was featured in the magazine. The added benefit is that he, himself enjoys playing the game and is rather good at it. Beyond that, as others have mentioned, he's pumped millions into bettering the game.

This was not an attempt to bring young people to the game through JT, this was simply interviewing the celebrity host of an upcoming PGA Tour event.

Plain as day.
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

JYB, mang you've got some pretty strong anger about 'things' and I think you are aiming it in the wrong direction. You need to chill out out and reassess.

Seriously.

Justin Timberlake on the cover of GD is not a symbol of everything that's wrong in the world.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Whether intended or not, it's hard to dispute that JT gets kids to the golf course....

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

FAR more interesting than the Justin Timberlake story were the two golf architecture related articles by Ron Whitten in the same issue:

"Bunker Mentality"
a pictorial essay on various bunker styles.

"Big Mac, Little Greens + Wide-Open Spaces"
A look at modern course design and its links to the past with emphasis on the pioneering style of C.B. Macdonald and some of his "template" holes.

Justin Timberlake owns a golf course... check.

Justin Timberlake is hosting a PGA event... check. Justin Timberlake is deeply involved in the First Tee program... check. Justin Timberlake is a pretty good golfer... check. Yep... we are the ones out of it.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

This statement is an attempt bailing out on the discussion because you have realized you have lost this debate and look like a complete jackass.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Who does she love?

My guess would be Adam Scott, but the answer remains shrouded in mystery.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Administrator
i really would love to meet you one day erik. i gurantee we would get along.

Well, shrouded by something. . .

Let's stick to topic or, if it's run its course, just let it die a slow death, ok guys?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

great, go ahead and keep sucking celebrities off in this bullcrap american celebrity driven culture.

Wow, such vehemence. Probably just a troll, but I'll take a bite.

Yeah, he's more talented, rich, good looking, etc. than I (and 99.9% of the world) will ever be, but he loves golf, just like all of us here. He knows the elation when you pure a shot and feels the frustration after playing poorly. If he wants to make golf cool, than I'm on his side, not on the side of a seemingly bitter golf crony. BTW, his real name is "Justin Randall Timberlake". Have fun, JG

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!