IGNORED

20+ handicappers hitting 300 yards (mild rant)

Note: This thread is 1528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whatever you say buddy. You're not the jerk. The jerk is the guy who read my post and without ever seeing me play basically called me a liar. What a wanker. My point is simple, there are high handicappers who can go long. Sorry if you or he feel somewhat inadequate or something. He can try to spin it but I know how I was hitting the ball back then and with no doubt I was averaging 300+. Did every one stay in the fairway of course not but I rarely was far off. I have progressed to a low of a 6.1 handicap since then and my driving accuracy has remained basically unchanged since that first year I began playing. Back then I just couldn't hit greens, chip or putt.

PS. I would trade my abilities with a driver any day for the mid-iron skills of the pro I play with.

Whatever you say buddy. You're not the jerk. The jerk is the guy who read my post and without ever seeing me play basically called me a liar. What a wanker. My point is simple, there are high handicappers who can go long. Sorry if you or he feel somewhat inadequate or something. He can try to spin it but I know how I was hitting the ball back then and with no doubt I was averaging 300+. Did every one stay in the fairway of course not but I rarely was far off. I have progressed to a low of a 6.1 handicap since then and my driving accuracy has remained basically unchanged since that first year I began playing. Back then I just couldn't hit greens, chip or putt.

I would love to see you drive a ball and demonstrate it.

I do not know a single person nor have I met a single person who can hit the ball 340+ without any aid from wind or a huge roll or downhill or something of the sort. I'm not going to call you a liar, but I'd really really really love to see a youtube video of you doing it.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

dont believe you - shall i tell you why?

Extreme,

Don't you know by now that most people don't know what the term "average" means? This is what I love about these threads. Guys that can't putt or hit their irons can take the longest club, the club that is hardest to control and keep on plane and hit it 20 yards further, on average, than a PGA Tour Pro. I mean, after all, it's so much harder to develop a smooth putting stroke or take 7-PW and learn to hit it from 170 yards an in to a 80 by 40 or so space, right?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

dont believe you - shall i tell you why?

If it will make you feel better about yourself, go right ahead. Just curious why you are so obsessed with this? Think about it, you are calling someone a liar who you have never even seen hit a single ball. Why is it so important to you? Do you have a small WeWeee or something? Does having that stupid UK Longdriver logo in your signature make you feel better about yourself too? I'm done now.

I posted this topic as the suggestion is rediculous - never seen it and dont believe it and your previous posts have hardly put me off - i am happy to witness this and in fact have put up $1000 on another forum for 20 plus handicaps that can prove it.

The internet is full of bs on golf forums and driving distances are a prime example.

The original point of this thread was about misinformation on the net and 300 yard average drives from 20 handicap golfers is a great example.

20 handicap golfers AVERAGE around 200 yards - I am a big fan of good information and this bothers me - a little.

what bothers me a lot is the picture you have posted - but i guess you will delete that also.

k

Good Lord. If a guy gets thrown in our foursome and he tells me he is the King of Spain...I could not care less about his claim. Why does this make people so irate?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I'm glad you like that picture. It makes me think of you. Unfortunately I am no longer a 20 handicap. Right now I'm a 7.3 who is probably averaging 290+ with the driver. Like I said in the original post I was probably an exception to the rule mainly because of my baseball background. Good night you "Special" UK Longdriver. Ha Ha!!!!!!

not irrate - i find the picture in bad taste.

exceptional claims require exceptional proof - a 20 handicapper AVERAGING 300 yards of the tee is an exceptional claim - i say PROVE IT and have given the opportunity for anyone in the UK to make cash by doing just that.

k

Good Lord. If a guy gets thrown in our foursome and he tells me he is the King of Spain...I could not care less about his claim. Why does this make people so irate?

Maybe because most people that join a golf forum are passionate about the game and want to get better. They want to learn about different types of swings, aligment, equipment, etc. that will help them improve.

There are many of us that it does not bother, per se. It's just annoying and a good waste of bandwidth to read about a guy "averaging" 300 yards with the most difficult club in the bag and yet, somehow, he can't execute shots with the easiest clubs in the bag. In other words, some of us are tired of *cough cough bullshit cough cough*

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Maybe because most people that join a golf forum are passionate about the game and want to get better. They want to learn about different types of swings, aligment, equipment, etc. that will help them improve.

I'm with you there, and I ignore lots of what I read here. I don't get emotional about it, I just ignore it.

There are many of us that it does not bother, per se. It's just annoying and a good waste of bandwidth to read about a guy "averaging" 300 yards with the most difficult club in the bag and yet, somehow, he can't execute shots with the easiest clubs in the bag. In other words, some of us are tired of *cough cough bullshit cough cough*

To me, annoyed and tired are even stronger than

bothered . I tend to focus on my game and my abilities and my improvement. If someone else wants to claim that they AVERAGE 300 yards at a 20+ handicap (and really, has anyone here stood up and said they currently do that? Even ONE person? Or is everyone annoyed with some phantom poster who doesn't even exist here at the Sand Trap?), they are free to do that. Look, for all the people who claimed that they ALWAYS play the ball down and NEVER move it...do I think that 100% of them were telling the truth? Err, nope! Do I care about it? Nope! These are teh interwebz and golfers are KNOWN for stretching the truth in real life, so why not expect it online? I stand by my question: I really would like to understand it bothers someone to read that claim...even though, as far as I can tell, nobody is making it! This thread reminds me of that movie, "The King of Kong."

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

exceptional claims require exceptional proof - a 20 handicapper AVERAGING 300 yards of the tee is an exceptional claim - i say PROVE IT and have given the opportunity for anyone in the UK to make cash by doing just that.

I'm glad you like that picture. It makes me think of you. Unfortunately I am no longer a 20 handicap. Right now I'm a 7.3 who is probably averaging 290+ with the driver. Like I said in the original post I was probably an exception to the rule mainly because of my baseball background. Good night you "Special" UK Longdriver. Ha Ha!!!!!!

Maybe you two should just measure your penises against each other and get all this over with. Chances are both of you probably overestimate your driving distances by 25%.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just something to think about, but if you(anyone) feel that just because you can hit the hardest club to hit (driver), perfectly you should be able to hit all clubs perfectly - I ask you what about long driver hitters. By this logic some such as a long driver competetor should play 4 strokes or more under Tiger. Distance has almost no relation to ones skill with other clubs.

Do I think all 20+ handicaps can hit or average 300 yards, no. Do I think some much <1% can average more than 300yards, yes. I am by no means the fastest swing player around, and on a perfect contact shot can bomb out near 300 yards and with a bit or luck pass it. (By no menas averaging this distance though)

not irrate - i find the picture in bad taste

Extremely bad taste. Posting such trash does nothing to improve his credibility.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree that this would be very rare but I don't deny that it would be a possibility. I also strongly disagree that the driver is the hardest club to hit in the bag. Potentially the hardest to hit straight but these days even that is not the case. The MOI on those things exceeds all the others by miles and the size of the sweet spot is three times the size minimum. So as far as physics goes I guess that is the case. As far as psychology goes that may not be the case.

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

Well I did hit my first 300 yarder today.

I'm somewhat on the fence about this issue.

I'm a 13 handicap due to the fact that I refuse to practice putting and I have suspect chipping as well lately.

That said I am very good with all irons and getting a lot better with my driver.

My best drive of the day was 303 which is my beats my old best drive by 7 yards (new driver which seems to fit me better and the actual Tour head and 400 dollar Matrix shaft doesn't hurt either).

I'm still probably only averaging about 240 though considering my normal drive is about 275, I'll nuke one or two a round 300 ish, but then my tempo will get bad and I'll shank one or two as well.

After hitting my first 300 yard drive I'm more convinced than ever of a few things:

1: Its impossible for a 20 handicapper to average 300 yards.

2: Its very highly unlikely for a 20 handicapper to hit one 300 yards simply due to the fact that if you can hit a driver that well you can hit your irons that well too which would require you to basically be retarded around the green to maintain such a high handicap.

3: I think until you get down to AT LEAST the 6 or 7 handicap range there is no feasible way you can AVERAGE 300 yards. If you are hitting an average of 300 that means that even a bad drive of 280 will leave you hitting a wedge into a long par 4.

That's my 2 cents.

If you want proof I'll be on a launch monitor or trackman on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

this sorta seams like a oxymoron haha. But in all seriousness the shortgame can take a toll on your handicap

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

I have played anywhere from a 4.3 to a 9.6 HDCP over the last 10 years.

There is no question , that MANY MANY golfers claim to hit the ball farther than they do.

There are also a lot of low handicap golfers who hit the ball like girls Albeit, straight.

I hear 2 of my friends constantly claiming that their drive was 300 yards. When I don't immediately agree, the next thing they will say is... well maybe not 300 but at least 280. Their drives went about 250. I don't have the heart to tell them.

Now it doesn't bother me, because i've always been the longest hitter in my group. And can't think of too many golfers i've played with that can hit it longer than me. But if I was a very good golfer ( + hdcp to 2 hdcp) and could only get it out there 250 ish, and then these high handicappers were bs'ing, sure, i'd be pissed.

So how far do I hit.....?

I've won long drive competitions in tournaments, granted not long drive competitions, and i've marked them with the sky caddie at 315 and 320. both were on flat holes, straight away. One was with no wind, the other was with a slight tail wind. Won a nice golf bag ($160 sun mountain) with one and $40 with the other :(

Some of my friends will tell people I hit the ball 350 yards and I average 300. (usually the same ones as mentioned above) :p

Then I proceed to tell them that, no I don't hit the ball 350 and I don't average 300.

I've worked out my average driving distance for several rounds (gps'd) in the past and the HIGHEST one round average came out to 285.

The rest were in the 260-270 range. This usually includes some high block cuts the the right at 230-240 as well as lower straight shots that get out there 290-300 mixed in the with the more normal 260-280 shots.

However, take me to a flat hole with no wind, and tell me this hole doesn't count towards my score, and it won't take me more than a handful of shots to get one out there 300+

So I would say this means that my on course playing average is around 265, however if I can swing away with little care of where the ball ends up, then it might be higher.

BUT, it's no where near 300 yards!

What does all this mean, I have no idea.

Btw, to get a reference. I am 6'0" 220lbs, 15% body fat, played a ton of baseball growing up (could have played in college) , played college football (IAA level) as a quarterback and could air it out 60 yards.

My point of telling you this? I am both athletic, and know how to use my body effectively to generate power.

I've played with only a handful of golfers who can hit the ball as far as me and I don't average anywhere near 300 yds. Like I said, give me 5 shots to rip at and odds are very good i'll get one out there over 300, but my AVERAGE is NOWHERE near 300.

DRIVER: 905r 8.5 UST V2 75 X
3 WOOD: 906f2 15 UST 85 X
HYBRID/IRON: Rapture Hybrid/3 Iron
IRONS: MX 200 Dynamic Gold X100
WEDGES: 52, 56, 60 600PUTTER: Geurin Rife Two Bar BALLS: Pro V1xGLOVE: SoftjoySHOES: Reelfit "Do those pump up?"BAG: Sun Mountain

Note: This thread is 1528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!