IGNORED

20+ handicappers hitting 300 yards (mild rant)

Note: This thread is 1524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by muttbag

I played in a scramble with one of our golf pro's from the clubhouse last night.  Their is a major, major difference in watching a long-ball hitter crush every shot when he has a single-digit handicap as opposed to a long hitter who sprays it all over the course.  The kid put a ball on the green pin high on a 163-yard (from the tips) par 3 with an 8 iron.  He's 23 years old and hits blades.  Truly one of the longest and most accurate hitters I have ever played with.

I use a hard PW for 163 Yd, how is 8 iron hit 163 long. Certainly nice he hits it that accurate thought. I like to do a light 9 iron for a par 3 around that distance always gets me within 10 feet. I am only 19.

I consider hitting 160+ with an 8i long and a PW at that distance to be extraordinarily long. I once pulled a PW out for a 160 yd shot... on Xbox. My home course doesn't have many long ball hitters, nor low handicap golfers. So I guess my idea of long is subjective when compared to everyone else's.

Originally Posted by savosean

I use a hard PW for 163 Yd, how is 8 iron hit 163 long. Certainly nice he hits it that accurate thought. I like to do a light 9 iron for a par 3 around that distance always gets me within 10 feet. I am only 19.

1. You are obviously delofting then.

2.  ALWAYS!!!!!    But not for Tiger Woods or even Steve Stricker?

You are full of BS  - a deluded liar. Your post exposes you completely for what you really are.

A "light" 9 iron 163 yards ALWAYS within 10 feet. Yep, sure. And you have the hide to criticise me!!

You are just one of a procession of liars who get on here and sprout garbage.

You seem to be scratching your head to think that another player thinks 163 yd for 8 iron is long.

Why do they think that? Because it is. You have serious club position problems if you are hitting PW 163.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by muttbag

I consider hitting 160+ with an 8i long and a PW at that distance to be extraordinarily long. I once pulled a PW out for a 160 yd shot... on Xbox.

My home course doesn't have many long ball hitters, nor low handicap golfers. So I guess my idea of long is subjective when compared to everyone else's.

I consider a PW 150-160 AVG

I hit my pw 163 on par 3 once, but there was wind from behind and the green was below us. I thinned it a bit also. Typical pw for me is 145-150 normally.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shorty

1.You are obviously delofting then.

You are full of BS  - a deluded liar. Your post exposes you completely for what you really are.

A "light" 9 iron 163 yards ALWAYS within 10 feet. Yep, sure. And you have the hide to criticise me!!

You seem to be scratching your head to think that another player thinks 163 yd for 8 iron is long.

Why do they think that? Because it is. You have serious club position problems if you are hitting PW 163.

This just makes me so happy.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

163 yd 8 iron is long?

Not overly. Depends on the person/situation/iron. Not all 8 irons are the same.

I can hit my 8 iron 160, but the loft is probably really closer to a 7.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Making any statement using "always" in relation to hitting a good shot is never well received when not even the pros can do it. Also, if you claim distances outside of the norm or at least not shorter than the norm there are people who will attack you and call you a liar. To me, 168 8i is not long just a little over average, but to admit that opens me to imminent criticism by some of the forums less friendly members.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Not overly. Depends on the person/situation/iron. Not all 8 irons are the same.

I can hit my 8 iron 160, but the loft is probably really closer to a 7.

This also comes into play, a lot of the newer equipment has different loft angles than older equipment. Also longer shafts sometimes. This allows for more distance with the same numbered iron. If you listen to what they use on tour, 163 8i wouldn't be a long hit, even with blades. Granted that's pros though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

What you consider to be average is meaningless because you are not even honest with yourself.

Typically, your boasts relate to distance - that is to be expected - but when you say you are ALWAYS within 10 feet with "light" 9 iron, it just shows you up.

Believe it or not, there are quite a few people with a fair bit of knowledge about the game.

Do people go on basketball forums and say they always make 3 point throws from half way?  I suppose they do.

Don't expect respect when you can't even tell the truth.

I have no isue with enthusiasm and young guys hitting it long, but exaggeration and lies get all these people in the end.  You are done and dusted.

Rule number one is to have some respect for your own credibility.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

PW Distances, per Golf digest's "What's In My Bag" series: Phil Mickelsen: 145 yards.  Dustin Johnson 142 yards. Luke Donald 130 yards. Geoff Ogilvy 130 yards. Lucas Glover 138 yards. Ernie Els 134 yards.

They must all be below average.

Always inside 10' ?  In 2012, the PGA Tour's best at that distance (150-175 yards) was Graeme McDowell. He AVERAGED 22' 8" . The best at 125-150 yards, Kyle Thompson, AVERAGED 17' 4" . The best from 75 - 100 yards, Bo Van Pelt, AVERAGED 12' 1" . You just might want to re-evaluate your statement.

I hit my putter 163 yards once.....my bad i ment to say I threw my putter 163 yards!

I love these threads, LOL to hear how far people can hit there clubs.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by Dave2512

It's a common theme for the very high handicappers, they're all PGA Tour long but can't chip and putt.

I really try not to post in this thread, but why are so many swinging out of their shoes trying to kill the ball?  What exactly are those who do this trying to accomplish?  In my teen years and early 20's I played golf about once a month.  I would try and hit my PW 150 yards, sometimes I would do it.  Great, I was a 15 hc.  Instead, why don't people try and learn a functional swing that will allow proper low point control and center face contact.  Then you will hit your distance and target, although possibly shorter, much of the time.  Oh and I hit my PW 115 yards.  I must be weak.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Always inside 10' ?  In 2012, the PGA Tour's best at that distance (150-175 yards) was Graeme McDowell. He AVERAGED 22' 8". The best at 125-150 yards, Kyle Thompson, AVERAGED 17' 4". The best from 75 - 100 yards, Bo Van Pelt, AVERAGED 12' 1". You just might want to re-evaluate your statement.

They are also playing on PGA tour quality greens that have some crazy slopes, breaks everything that will make it that much harder to make it within 10 feet.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

PW Distances, per Golf digest's "What's In My Bag" series: Phil Mickelsen: 145 yards.  Dustin Johnson 142 yards. Luke Donald 130 yards. Geoff Ogilvy 130 yards. Lucas Glover 138 yards. Ernie Els 134 yards.

They must all be below average.

I had said that it was average for me, exceuse me for not formating that sentence properly

Originally Posted by Shorty

1.You are obviously delofting then.

You honestly need to be one of the dumbest people I have ever spoken to on a forum. I come on here because I was looking for a fellow golfer forum, not to spout bs and garbage. How, and why would someone make things up to boost there ego's that they are better then people they have never met over the internet. I hit my PW 150-160 consistently and by light 9 iron landing within 10 feet. Is when I hit a crips and clean shot, obviously if i shank my 9 iron into the woods its not going to land within 10 feet. But, when I hit my shot and I am pretty consistent with my 9 iron I will hit it within 10 feet. Some people just hit shots further then you, and you must get that through your thick skull. Because, as of now I know for a fact you have issues and need to come onto a forum to get rid of the anger. Either you have a horrible life, you have a bad marriage. You have a small penis, heck what ever it is quit being such a F'ing prick and learn some sort of way of communicating without having to attack the person you are quoting.

Either you have a horrible life, you have a bad marriage. You have a small penis, heck what ever it is quit being such a F'ing prick and learn some sort of way of communicating without having to attack the person you are quoting.

Alright dude. Shorty has rubbed me the wrong way a few times, but you've taken it way too far. This is disgraceful talk. You have shown your age today.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Alright dude. Shorty has rubbed me the wrong way a few times, but you've taken it way too far. This is disgraceful talk. You have shown your age today.

No, sorry but the man has an issue and he thinks he can rant all day on these forums and just saying what ever comes to his mind. He needs to understand I am not someone he can just push around on the forums like most of you. Who, have clearly just let his behaviour continue after 3,000 post. He can't just spill out the up most BS he can think of to try and make him self feel better at night.

Note: This thread is 1524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!