IGNORED

20+ handicappers hitting 300 yards (mild rant)

Note: This thread is 1505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess you have to go Army SF. :) I started playing a few years ago after I got home from a deployment. He was fresh from Q school and got his Special Forces tab. We both played baseball together in college. he picked golf up quick, posting a 17 hcap his first year of playing. (struggles with the short game)He is a big guy, and strong as hell. Abnormally flexible for his size, and his swing speed is amazing! I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't play with him. Yeah, he can hit a 8 iron about 200....again, I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't see it. Actually made me consider going SF! Ha And I think he is going to be in town on leave this weekend, so I'll see if I can get some video for you.

Ok.. I can't wait to see this.. Thankd

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is no way your Army buddy is hitting 8 iron 200 yds. Lmao......Im 6-3, 240 pounds with wide shoulders. I was an all state QB and pitched in college. I can smoke my 3 wood about 275 but an 8 iron 200 is physically and geometrically impossible unless you blade a skully and hit a line drive on a hard fairway with another hundred yds of worm burner roll. Lol.....no way

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

There is no way your Army buddy is hitting 8 iron 200 yds. Lmao......Im 6-3, 240 pounds with wide shoulders. I was an all state QB and pitched in college. I can smoke my 3 wood about 275 but an 8 iron 200 is physically and geometrically impossible unless you blade a skully and hit a line drive on a hard fairway with another hundred yds of worm burner roll. Lol.....no way

So now it's impossible cause you can't do it? You seem to have a complex. Telling me about your physical attributes and high school accomplishments to argue your point of why someone else can't do something....you are that guy. I have no reason to lie about this. But I'll see if I can get some video this weekend.

I'm sure it's possible, considering I watched a late teen/early 20's kid  hit his 9 iron around 180. And he was built pretty similar to me, maybe with about 10 lbs on me at most.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

In his prime, Tiger could hit a pitching wedge more than 180 from pretty heavy rough.  Going 200 with an 8I isn't that unlikely for a very small set of the golfing population. However, the typical long hitter won't even come close to that.

Being able to do that requires the ability to make a perfectly timed swing at absolutely maximum effort.  For most players, they actually start to lose distance when they try to grossly overpower the swing.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I think that Kim Jong il isn't really dead. He's moved to the US and joined this forum and is trying to fit in. In 1994, it was reported by Pyongyang media outlets that Kim Jong Il shot 38 under par on a regulation 18-hole golf course – including 5 holes in one! That score is 25 shots better than the best round in history, and is made even more amazing by the fact that it was his first time playing the sport. It’s said Kim Jong Il would routinely sink 3 or 4 holes in one per round of golf, and – lucky for the PGA – he has since given it up.

So now it's impossible cause you can't do it? You seem to have a complex. Telling me about your physical attributes and high school accomplishments to argue your point of why someone else can't do something....you are that guy.

It's not impossible (although it is unlikely).

However, in his defense, you backed up your claims with your buddies physical attributes and accomplishments, so that's kinda tit-for-tat there.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

It's not impossible (although it is unlikely).

However, in his defense, you backed up your claims with your buddies physical attributes and accomplishments, so that's kinda tit-for-tat there.

If he hadn't put his friends physical attributes in the post I'm sure one of the comments would have been something about "he must be a beast" or something so it was preemptive thing I would think. However, I don't think size has much to do with distance a ball is hit, he did make a point to describe the extreme flexibility his friend has which is more of a factor when it comes to extreme distances.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

If he hadn't put his friends physical attributes in the post I'm sure one of the comments would have been something about "he must be a beast" or something so it was preemptive thing I would think. However, I don't think size has much to do with distance a ball is hit, he did make a point to describe the extreme flexibility his friend has which is more of a factor when it comes to extreme distances.

I just don't think it's fair to say "you're that guy", when doing basically the same thing.

On the internet, the only backup we have is our swing video and any other little unverifiable anecdotes, accomplishments and physical attributes that we believe can corroborate our abilities.  It may be cheesy sometimes, but I get why folks do it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I just don't think it's fair to say "you're that guy", when doing basically the same thing.

On the internet, the only backup we have is our swing video and any other little unverifiable anecdotes, accomplishments and physical attributes that we believe can corroborate our abilities.  It may be cheesy sometimes, but I get why folks do it.

I can see what you mean, but he's saying "you're that guy" because of the "I can't do it so there's no way your friend can". Only backup I have is that I've played with a couple guys from the forum, otherwise all my words are just words. Even with that some people don't believe me. It's understandable, it's hard to accept some things without being able to actually see them. That is why I wish there were more people local to me, for 2 reasons, one so that we can see each other play and stop second guessing everything others say about their game and because I'd love to have a group of people I could play with consistently.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I just said big, strong, and flexible...he came back with exact #s and all freakin state QB (like that means anything). Ego check....I'm just under 6 foot and average 273 yards off the tee, so I have no means to flex my pecks and argue with someone about club distances. I saw this guy hit that distance regularly. It's something you see and say "no one is going to believe this". But being able to hit it that far has caused him problems on the short end. That was the only point I was making.

How far does your Army buddy hit a 4 iron? My guess is he cant even hit 4 iron. I hit my 4 iron around 220 when perfectly struck which is considered longer than the average golfer. In high school I played with a kid that hit 6 iron on every shot from par 3 to a par 5 aside from putting as that was the only club he could hit with so my guess is your buddy probably isnt highly skilled. I have a lot of shots I can pull off due to years and years of practice. Post a vid of this incredible feat and shut us all up.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

How far does your Army buddy hit a 4 iron? My guess is he cant even hit 4 iron. I hit my 4 iron around 220 when perfectly struck which is considered longer than the average golfer. In high school I played with a kid that hit 6 iron on every shot from par 3 to a par 5 aside from putting as that was the only club he could hit with so my guess is your buddy probably isnt highly skilled. I have a lot of shots I can pull off due to years and years of practice. Post a vid of this incredible feat and shut us all up.

Boy, this sure convinced me....... not!  So you played with a kid who was a one club wonder, and that means that everyone else must be the same? :blink: Boy, do you have a lot of the world left to experience. :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

No Not really.

and in that case I have a 150 yard 60

Even if you de-loft this club, it seems like there would be at least a 55 degree trajectory which means to hit 150 yards the ball would need to approach 251 yards in elevation? There would probably be enough spin on the ball to make it back up another 20 yards?

125 yards for a lob wedge is kind of ridiculous.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah this thread is so fulla   it's ridiculous.  Someone should start posting pics of bigfoot and the loch ness monster to bring it full circle.

Drove the green with his drive.

BTW, the Loch Ness does not have opposable thumbs. Can't golf.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm not real sure what all his precise club distances are. But you couldn't hold his FJs with that little 4 iron. For someone of your stature, you sure are a weak one. Now go crazy with that knowing I could care less what you think. And my guess is...you're an idiot, and insecure.

Note: This thread is 1505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!