IGNORED

Anyone Else buy a Scotty Cameron Ball Tool?

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Once I get a bit better I will most likely get one of these.

Often on the greens I place my ball and want to make a slight adjustment. However, as soon as it is moved I don't know how slight the adjustment is any more. Terrible pain. Watching the video shows this would be eliminated, now to get the hcp. low enough to have it be worth it.

-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but where can we get this? I didn't see where. I may have missed it.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

I'm sorry but where can we get this? I didn't see where. I may have missed it.

http://www.scottycameron.com/webstor...meroncreations

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

Thanks for this! I actually didn't know what I was thinking...I did check the site doh. I should've known.

Anyway, I ordered it.. Debated and debated whether it was worth it but I figured I'd get it because of the simple fact that whenever i align myself, I never take the "extra" time to double, triple, quadruple check myself so with this, at least I can align it and see exactly what I need to do....

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

• 1 month later...
I think part of the price mark-up justification for Cameron collectors has to do with the Circle-T (For Tour Use Only) on the marker. That little symbol basically drives up the price of any Scotty merchandise, whether it's a putter, headcover, or ball marker. Since they only released these in a limited supply, and it's sold out, means that there is a market for this little thing. Whether this market is comprised of collectors, or golfers, or both, that's debatable. As Scotty Cameron has created a loyal cult following that salivates over whatever he puts out.

Back to the question… I watched Scotty's intro video to this tool, and I actually think it's a great idea. I plan to pick one up on ebay once the season starts up again for me. I think it'll help me minimize my margin of error between my intended target line and executed target line (the intent of the product I imagine).

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

got one as a Christmas present and used it the past couple of days. Definitely stoked that I got this as a present.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Personally, I can't see the difference between using a tool like this and just aligning the ball to your target line in terms of time. Surely you still have to move back and check it is pointing where you intend it too.

The only helpful bit is the graduated markers, but they would only be effective on medium-distance putts; the effect would be too great on a long putt, and possibly not enough on a short one.

Am I missing something, or is this just a money-making tool? Similar to the Pivot tool, which seems to be intended for incorrect use in divot repair.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

• Administrator
I've used and love mine. It's helped me tremendously. Never knew how much error was introduced when you put the ball down and had to crane your neck back up - which is tough to do from a squatting or bending position - to check it against the line you chose.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
After reading the posts about the ball tool I decided to purchase one from the Cameron website... Just arrived today... Makes sense to me and I need all the help I can get on the greens... Anxious to try it out and see how it helps

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I bought one on ebay for 30 bucks a couple of months ago. It doesnt help me make any more putts, but its definatly a neat tool and shaves off some of the time i spend on the green. I find it most useful on putts over 20 feet where your eyes can decieve you the most.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Well I thought it is a great idea, but I didn't want to spend the money on it so I made one out of 1/8" plastic and it actually works quite well. Saved quite a bit of money.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

Well I thought it is a great idea, but I didn't want to spend the money on it so I made one out of 1/8" plastic and it actually works quite well. Saved quite a bit of money.

May i ask how? Is it something a engineering dufus (like myself) can do? I have a habit of losing small things, and im sure a few of my friends would like one as well.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Is this a joke? I mean really.... a chip of scrap steel turned into a $44 marketing ploy? I'm constantly astounded at what people will pay for anything with the Cameron name on it.

Ok, not trying to turn this into a SC bashing thread but this is a silly price to pay for something that maybe costs $1.00 to mill out on a CNC mill (or more likely stamp out for 5¢ each) and dab a little paint into.

Needless to say I don't have one. It wouldn't do me any good as I also don't subscribe to the line on the ball theory, so I'd have nothing to line up with it. And amazingly I'm still a pretty decent putter.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Well My dad owns a commerical cabinetry shop and I programmed it in autocad onto the CNC. We had some white 1/8" plastic left over from a job so I made one. I still have some bugs to get worked out because the smallest bit we have is an 1/8" bit and I need a 1/16" to make the lines in between the 3 main lines on the tool. So since I didn't have the bit (and I've been meaning to buy one). I decided to carefully take a marker and mark the lines with a straightedge and then I sprayed it with clearcoat so the marks would not come off. Well I used it a couple rounds and it worked great, but now the marks started dissappering on me. So when i get the chance to buy the new bit I can make the lines and then paint it so they will stay more visible. I'll post a pic of what it looks like later.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

Well My dad owns a commerical cabinetry shop and I programmed it in autocad onto the CNC. We had some white 1/8" plastic left over from a job so I made one. I still have some bugs to get worked out because the smallest bit we have is an 1/8" bit and I need a 1/16" to make the lines in between the 3 main lines on the tool. So since I didn't have the bit (and I've been meaning to buy one). I decided to carefully take a marker and mark the lines with a straightedge and then I sprayed it with clearcoat so the marks would not come off. Well I used it a couple rounds and it worked great, but now the marks started dissappering on me. So when i get the chance to buy the new bit I can make the lines and then paint it so they will stay more visible. I'll post a pic of what it looks like later.

Yeah yeah. Im interested to see what you come up with.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Ok here you go. As you can see the lines have faded bad, that's why I need a smaller bit so I can get the grooves to paint them and they won't fade. Also it's much easier to draw them out in autocad to they are spaced equally and proportioned correctly.

Hope this works.

What's In My Golf Bag:

I would like to get that little coin with the clovers on it. Not paying what they are asking for on ebay though.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator
Ok here you go. As you can see the lines have faded bad, that's why I need a smaller bit so I can get the grooves to paint them and they won't fade. Also it's much easier to draw them out in autocad to they are spaced equally and proportioned correctly.

IANAL, but you probably don't want to go about posting too much stuff that violates patents (or filed patents).

Is this a joke? I mean really.... a chip of scrap steel turned into a $44 marketing ploy? I'm constantly astounded at what people will pay for anything with the Cameron name on it.

If $44 can save a stroke a round, that's better than the going rate for a lesson.

I value my free time at a high enough value (most freelance workers I know also tend to do so), so spending $44 sure beats trying to cobble together my own solution. At my normal billing rate, that's 15 minutes. Don't assume, Fourputt, that the name on the thing is all that matters. It's not even something I considered.
Ok, not trying to turn this into a SC bashing thread but this is a silly price to pay for something that maybe costs $1.00 to mill out on a CNC mill (or more likely stamp out for 5¢ each) and dab a little paint into.

Ever taken Econ 101, 4P? He's charging what the market will bear. $44 for this product is orders of magnitude less than the markup paid by millions each day on several products (for example, pop - Coke, Pepsi, etc.).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!