Note: This thread is 4477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Titleist 755s!!

I went and hit a slew of clubs yesterday and these were absolutely tits compared to the other cavity back / game improvement irons I tried. Golfsmith had them new for 499 on sale, but I found a set with the plastic wrap on the 3 / 4 / 5 iron for $360.00. Apparently a demo set.

When you consider I've been playing DCI-B's for the last 5 months, you'd understand why I'm so ecstatic.

How do you have back up irons? What the heck does that mean? Im a 6 and when i hit my irons bad, i dont switch, i work on my swing.

Your over assuming my friend, has nothing to do with my handicap or swing so tone down the snobbery please. I keep a full spare set, usually for friends out of town, sometomes my room mate using them and I have begun teaching my fiance to play as well..... or when I use them when I go on vacation...right now they are at my parents home in the OC so if I decide to play while visitng them I have a set. It's not uncommon for golfers to have more than enough equipment. Don't be so judgmental.

Titleist 755s!!

Congrats on the new sticks, last week I was deciding between those (755's) and the new ZB's and I went with the ZB's because my ball striking is one of the strengths to my game.

But again, congrats on the great sticks.

Your over assuming my friend, has nothing to do with my handicap or swing so tone down the snobbery please. I keep a full spare set, usually for friends out of town, sometomes my room mate using them and I have begun teaching my fiance to play as well..... or when I use them when I go on vacation...right now they are at my parents home in the OC so if I decide to play while visitng them I have a set. It's not uncommon for golfers to have more than enough equipment. Don't be so judgmental.

lol my bad, i thought you might be one of those people that blame the clubs and then switch, we have a couple of those at my local course.

Well, I did hit a few Mizunos. Man those things are freakin' awesome with rifle shafts on em. Too bad they want like 800 dollars for just about every one of their sets.

And that's why we have ebay.

Congrats on the new sticks. I hope they work out for you. I just changed, myself, searching for a little more control.

It's okay to have a backup set, but I believe it best to stick with one set you really trust, that is if you really want to be a consistent player, especially in tournaments. Notice how some tour pros play dated clubs (Tim Herron plays ping eye2s, justin rose still has the original r7...). In a pressure situation it is easier to look down at a familiar club that you know you have hit a lot of good shots with.

Well, I did hit a few Mizunos. Man those things are freakin' awesome with rifle shafts on em. Too bad they want like 800 dollars for just about every one of their sets.

The mizunos with flighted rifle are unbelievable. Much nicer feel than any iron have hit. The only reason I'd drop the mp-30s would be to go to blades.

The mizunos with flighted rifle are unbelievable. Much nicer feel than any iron have hit. The only reason I'd drop the mp-30s would be to go to blades.

Yah, there wasn't quite a more buttery soft club in all the irons I hit. I had the Mizuno MX-25 3 iron out and I was just flushing the ball almost every time. Felt awesome.

I will say though, that the forged Titleists (755 and even 690 CB's, etc) all felt pretty good too. I believe the 775 is forged stainless where the Mizunos are forged carbon steel.

Note: This thread is 4477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!