• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • 6/01/20 - first swing of the day. Still longer takeaway than I want, but elbow doesn’t appear to break 90* second swing of the day: A little steeper AoA than my usual
    • Visited my hometown this weekend and played Rockwood Park Golf Course - Par 70, 68.0 / 114 - 5,677y/  Although the course plays short, it is very tricky....you can have perfectly straight drives on each hole and still have a very awkward lie.  There is a lot of hills, mounds, slopes, etc that can make it very challenging.  I was in good shape off the tee most of the day but had more than a few challenging lies that I struggled with. Hole 1&2 - Standard Bogeys Hole 3 - Par 3 - 185y - Duffed a 5i off the tee and ended up in penalty area.  Long story short, took a 7 on par 3. Hole 4 - Perfect 3w leaving me about 140ish.....took me 5 more shots to get in the hole for a double bogey....could be a long day. Finally by Hole 5, I settle down.  On holes 5-8, I hit all 4 greens in regulation but could only muster out 2 pars and 2 - 3 putt bogeys.  Finished 9 with a bogey as well. Front 9 - 46 Started back with a bogey and double.  Hole 12 is a short 280y Par 4 with a massive bunker right in front.  Everytime I hit driver, I end up in that bunker.  Tried 3W this time and stayed about 10' short of bunker.  Flipped a nice lob wedge up there and drained the birdie putt.  All 5 of my rounds so far, I have made at least one birdie. Last 6 holes were fairly standard with a couple of pars, bogeys, and doubles.   On 18, I needed par on the 125y Par 3 to break 90....and I did. 46/43 - 89 Stats 1 Birdie 4 Pars 8 Bogeys 5 Double + 6 GIR 35 Putts 1 Penalty  
    • I guess if one needs to choose how they wish to put themselves at risk during a nationwide pandemic, playing golf sure is a lot better than going to WalMart or Home Depot or a pool party at LOTO. Yes, my thoughts are part of "Is Golf Available Where You Live."  People are pretty much welcome to do what they want to do now that things are re-opening, but a reminder from just one person that there is still some risk involved probably won't be enough to keep golfers from golfing, but it needs to be said, just for balance. Like I've already said, this is the first time in 14 years that we're not back to work by now, so something's going on. There will be a new normal, governed by common sense and prevention.  Like most everything else, how golfers golf, how courses operate, will be in the mix for a long time.
    • I made a correction to my round which added a stroke. I noticed that I broke my FW accuracy record yesterday, and when I went back through the holes to see which fairways I missed, I noticed a 275 yard drive that didn't seem right. I missed a 3W tag (that I totally hit fat trying to get home in 2). On the plus side, correcting it improved my FW accuracy even more, but I am no longer in the 93 club. View this round on GAME GOLF   Great playing with you too. I was chatting with @Braivo about getting a match play event going between Ohioans and those from the state up north. I will start another thread on that though.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. golfjedi777
      golfjedi777
      (63 years old)
    2. obwan
      obwan
      (74 years old)
    3. rkim291968
      rkim291968
      (58 years old)
    4. Sammieiii
      Sammieiii
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...