IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Aleks7243

Just shows how little distance actually matters, lol

True, to some extent.  It probably shows that it's more important (in general) to hit your irons consistently the same distance (all other conditions being equal) than it matters to hit your driver and extra 10 yards.

Brandon

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

True, to some extent.  It probably shows that it's more important (in general) to hit your irons consistently the same distance (all other conditions being equal) than it matters to hit your driver and extra 10 yards.

Brandon

Very true. When I saw a Trackman presentation they talked about how the numbers they see on the LPGA tour are the same number they see out of 18 HDCs.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Brandon

Exactly.

take a 4i to a pw and make green on a par 3 with all of them.

its called shotmaking for a reason.

Even if people here would match the distance or be longer, they be shooting 20shots more on the same type of course at least.

I am longer than the average pga with irons but distance is only needed to have it long enough, then its all about accuracy and consistency and go low.

People simply need to measure them with better players, but today a pga teaching pro have no chance vs a pga pro on their home course. the game has changed the last 15 years.

Robert Something

i honestly have no idea.......i dont have a gps either. i play the same course every week so i know what club i need to hit from most parts of the course. sometimes im long or short but i go with my judgement and get it right a surprisingly high percentage of the time.

Here is my average distance for each club:

Driver: 275y

3 wood: 260y

5 wood: 240y

3 iron: 230y

4 iron: 215y

5 iron: 200y

6 iron: 185y

7 iron: 170y

8 iron: 160y

9 iron: 150y

PW: 135y

56 degree sandwedge: 125y

60 degree lob wedge: 105y

putter: No clue due to the fact that I have never driven a ball with it. Although, John Daly once hit his 300yards plus on a bet.

Originally Posted by iacas

Is your handicap index really 36?

Driver: 285

3W: 245

Hybrid: 220

3I: 200

4I: 190

5I: 180

6I: 170

7I: 160

8I: 150

9I: 135

PW: 120

SW/LW: Dunno*

Putter: Hopefully no more than four or five feet.

* I never hit full shots with these clubs. I think my lob wedge goes about 70 yards on a full swing, but I have rarely needed to hit it full. Sand wedge is about 90, I think, full swing.

So much for recent technology. Erik's driving average has gone down 10 yards over the past 7 years.

I think maybe this old man (i.e. me) is swinging too hard!?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

When I really crank on the LW I can send it out there 100 yards or so.  Had that baby bent a couple degrees strong for that little bit of extra distance.  Bow down.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

When I really crank on the LW I can send it out there 100 yards or so.  Had that baby bent a couple degrees strong for that little bit of extra distance.  Bow down.

When I skulled my lob wedge, which was quite often, I could hit it 100 yards... so I took it out of my bag.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

These are very generic stock "Summer Yardages" because conditions of the day are everything.

Driver-280

3-wood-260

3-hybrid-235

4-iron 215

5-iron 200

6-iron 185

7-iron 175

8-iron 165

9-iron 155

PW-140

gapW-125

56deg..110

Lob....100

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by iacas

Is your handicap index really 36?

Driver: 285

3W: 245

Hybrid: 220

3I: 200

4I: 190

5I: 180

6I: 170

7I: 160

8I: 150

9I: 135

PW: 120

SW/LW: Dunno*

Putter: Hopefully no more than four or five feet.

* I never hit full shots with these clubs. I think my lob wedge goes about 70 yards on a full swing, but I have rarely needed to hit it full. Sand wedge is about 90, I think, full swing.

Hi Iacas, considering that this thread got resurrected and that your original reply is almost 7 years old and i'm sure you've improved by leaps and bounds since then, if you've found your overall distances have changed/improved and if so what they might be now?

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Originally Posted by Rudyprimo

There's 3 things almost every guy will exaggerate, how much he can bench press, how much tail he gets and how far he can drive a golf ball.  This thread was just asking for some controversy and accusations of exaggerating.

Fortunately, I've never had to lie about any of those three things.  I can drive a golf ball 300 yards with my putter,  I warm up with 300 lbs. to bench press, and I've had more women than Wilt Chamberlain.

C'mon, these all would only make you 50th percentile on the internet!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ERdiesel

Hi Iacas, considering that this thread got resurrected and that your original reply is almost 7 years old and i'm sure you've improved by leaps and bounds since then, if you've found your overall distances have changed/improved and if so what they might be now?

I already posted recently.

Seven years ago I'd just come back from living in Florida where balls hit on the fairway ran out quite a bit. Iron distances all improved now. Carry distance with driver improved too.

I merged the threads too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver 280

3 wood 250

19*hybrid 225

4 iron 205

5 iron 195

6 iron 185

7 iron 175

8 iron 165

9 iron 155

PW 140

GW 130

SW 120

LW 110

Originally Posted by RONGIL

putter: No clue due to the fact that I have never driven a ball with it. Although, John Daly once hit his 300yards plus on a bet.

http://www.golf.com/video/jamie-sadlowski-puts-show

He allegedly hits the putter 300 yards near the end of the vid.  I say allegedly 'cause you can't see the ball land, and it's 315 to the water and there was no splash/trickle after the ball landed.

Not that it matters cause he probably did.  The range appears to be downhill anyway, and they look like they're in the desert.

Brandon

Quote:

Originally Posted by RONGIL

http://www.golf.com/video/jamie-sadlowski-puts-show

He allegedly hits the putter 300 yards near the end of the vid.  I say allegedly 'cause you can't see the ball land, and it's 315 to the water and there was no splash/trickle after the ball landed.

Not that it matters cause he probably did.  The range appears to be downhill anyway, and they look like they're in the desert.

Brandon

Thought that was at Kapalua.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I've never played there but I was wondering, is that location similar to playing in the desert?  I was actually discussing this with some playing partners a few weeks ago.

Brandon

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I've never played there but I was wondering, is that location similar to playing in the desert?  I was actually discussing this with some playing partners a few weeks ago.

Brandon

It's like Hawaii.

Brandon

It's probably similar in elevation to Florida, but with more wind.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!